What smartphone or Tablet do you use?

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by Teme, May 25, 2011.

1. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I can live with this for another 6 months I guess until it's time to renew and get a new phone again.

Yes, I can backup of course.. still a lot of work to do. Don't know if my offline spotify database will get backed up though, it seems hidden since I can't find it manually, and downloading all that again is what scares me.

2. Ekcrit

Ekcrit New Member

I have an used Galaxy Prevail that was given to me for free by my carrier as they've phased out SIM Card-using phones this month. This is the 1st smartphone I've ever owned. It doesn't have a lot of internal memory, but the gave it to me with so much stuff on it that I could only load about 3 or 4 apps of my choice on it & I can't get rid of the stuff they placed on it or move any it to the SD card.

3. Ishank

Ishank New Member

I own a galaxy y. Its a really good phone for its price. Its now almost 1.5 years old. As i am not an earner i have to keep this low end phone:(

4. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

I just upgraded my iPhone 3GS (with the most Memory, that I never use 10% of). I did so as it was getting a little long in tooth for a Smartphone, though it did all I asked of it until I cancelled service a couple of days ago. I also needed to get one for my wife (who gave up her cell phone in 2000) as she will be needed one.
    Anyway that focused me on her needs a little more than mine, and she did not ever get along with my iPhone for some reason. She wanted Windows. I told her she would have to make friends with Windows 8.
    I got us both a Nokia Lumia 1020. She will use that great 41 Megapixel Camera to record video and stills at a concert or two. The phone will work in Korea when she goes there and those were the big considerations.
    I am warming up to the Smartphone part of the Nokia and it is getting better for me. The Warden took to it like a ducking to water, a little tentative at first and then pure frolic. She loves it where I merely like it.
    I am, and knew I would be, disappointed with the lack of USEFUL Apps. Until recently I was working in the Aviation industry and I had several Aviation specific Apps that were time savers. I can still get the information with the internet, but way slower and more cumbersome for me. No Adobe Flash player, No this, No that. Nothing critical mind you, but I will miss some of the convenience but Oh well, I'll survive.
    Overall It was a good deal for me and the Warden.

5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I used an Xperia P. I got it recently to replace my SE Satio which I had owned for a few years. Nice and smooth, maybe a touch to large for me as I use it mainly as a walkman with occasional TV show viewing.

Noticed a strange effect with the display though - there is a weird optical effect on the screen whenever I move it. Seems to be banding running along the long length of the display. If held perfectly still it appears fine but the slightest movement causes a weird shimmering effect.

I have returned it to the Sony repair centre to see what they can do.

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Finally! A couple of months ago I was able to leave Sprint! I went with T-Mobile and now have the Samsung Galaxy S5. This is the absolute BEST phone I've had to date. It works like I expect it to and has loads of internal memory.

BUT, getting away from Sprint is not so easy! Sprint just opted to buy T-Mobile. :(

At least I'm not on a contract anymore.

7. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

I am still using my Nokia 1020 and it still has WinPhone 8.0, but I am told a update to 8.1 is in the works. I no longer miss my iPhone. My camera is just superb. Makes the Warden very happy.

I had Sprint for many years when in Oklahoma and they had good in-state coverage and the best voice quality then. The problem was out of state, roaming, and customer service. AT&T moved in and I switched to them. Voice was now good on all carriers and they did have better coverage all over, but as bad as Sprint's customer service was AT&T's was worse. I moved to Kansas and Cingular, Things were better, then I had to Move to Oregon, Cingular sucked unless I upgraded. I paid off the contract and went with the now slightly improved AT&T, AT&T then promptly bought out Cingular. I am now at peace with AT&T, but they do seem to be the high priced spread.

I am going to stay with AT&T and Windows Phone.

8. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

The WP 8.1 is in it's final phase of testing. You should be able to update during the summer. I have the developer version and it's nice. I like the option to have more icons at the main menu.

9. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

I have heard good things about 8.1 and it certainly found 8.1 a welcome improvement for my other computers with Win 8.

10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

still rocking my Nexus 4
    haven't found any reason to upgrade yet tbh
    don't like the huge screens on newer phones (I have an iPad for that stuff), it's plenty fast enough, and there are loads of cool ROMs available :)

11. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I was on a Nokia Lumia 900 for the last 8 months but hated it and have switched back to my old trusty Samsung Galaxy S2 ... might get the S3 next

12. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

I finally upgrade from a BB 9900 to a Nokia Lumia 925 Windows phone through T-Mobile and love the thing. I still hate working with Win 8 on a laptop or desktop but on the phone it works amazing. Built in Office, integrated Sharepoint, a ton of apps for the thing including Teamviewer, and a ton of other things. The camera focus isn't nearly as good as the iPhone (I've got an iPhone 4s for work) on close ups like when taking a picture of a network port or something but over all pictures of the kids and general stuff is pretty spot on.

My biggest complaint is that there is no sync option with the local copy of Outlook for calendar and address book. It will connect to a POP3 account just fine but I haven't found a way to sync the local copy of it yet since I don't upload that info anywhere so I tied it to my Hotmail account. As of now, that is the biggest issue I have with it.

I haven't really done any gaming on it so that hasn't been tested but they have Portal Sounds for an app so I've been playing GLaDOS responses for everything at work. :p

13. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Loving my Nokia 625... with the developer Windows Phone 8.1... it's well worth the time to setup.

QB

14. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Huawei Ascend P6 and HTC Wildfire

15. bit_the_apple

bit_the_apple New Member

Nexus 5 and I hate everything Microsoft

16. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

For about under a year now I use a Nokia Lumia 620 (Windows 8) and apart from a couple of things, I love this phone.
    As for the OS, while I haven't used a recent version of Android or iOS, IMO it blows away the competition.

17. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Sprint has abandoned its attempt to buy out T-Mobile. YAY!!!

18. clubrope

clubrope Well-Known Member

I'm using galaxy note 3 and i'm happy with it. It is very useful for my work and i'm loving the big screen.

19. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

Got an S3 now ..... I like it :)

20. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Well after using o2 for my network provider I have ditched them after many years.

Around the 20th sept my contract were up for renewal so I ordered a IPhone 6 (64gb) well aware that it would be fairly difficult to get one. Even so when the order were placed I were told this and delivery were going to be within 2 weeks max.. And still able to use my previous phone till then.

So 2 weeks passed and half way into the third, I looked online and orders had changed to 2-3 weeks.. So I opted to phone in just to query it.

The assistant on the other side said to me after I just asked a simple question of "is it going to be dispatched soon ?"

She replied "I have looked on the orders and I can assure you that the phone is being prepared for dispatch, it is Wednesday and you should receive it by Friday"

So I politely said thank you (With an high element of doubt in my mind) as it felt like I were lied to by her. Come Thursday evening I never received the dispatch email so I would know it would come the day after.. Friday confirmed it when it obviously did not arrive.

I then left it a week before I opted to phone in again as the online had then changed to 4-6 weeks. Which I now think that is very poor service when I have been with o2 for at least 10years.. I asked the same question as it now shows a much longer wait period, It were a different person this time and she started to say a very similar thing to the last person.

I quickly asked her to hold what she were saying (politely) for a moment. And I asked are you just "Going to tell me what I want to hear" or is that the truth ? because that what I were told a week ago! (She hesitated) which kind of gave it away that she was, as though it's another one complaining just to get me off the phone..

So from that point then I said I were not happy at all, I have been lied to once and it sounds like you were going to do the same thing..So I will tell you now that because of that I wish to cancel the order please.. Which were done within a few minutes..

I ordered the same phone with EE with the same 2gb Data / Unlimited Calls & Texts and saved £5 pm on top of that.. And were delivered in within two days.. Arrived nicely on sunday which gave me plenty of time to set it up in time for Mondays release of 8.1.