What smartphone or Tablet do you use?

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by Teme, May 25, 2011.

1. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

so very very often hear bad things about O2 CS :|

think what you got to eventually was that you're now using an iPhone 6, right

so, how is it ?

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Yep it is the IPhone 6 64GB..

Compared with the iPhone 5 this one is quite huge, Runs ios 8 much more smoother also. I'm also partly pleased that apple has eventually made the amount of storage much better now, 16GB is not really enough if you are a heavy app user. I just wish apple would do what other company's do and have done for a long time.. Add a damn memory card slot.

I think the 6Plus does have its good points with the size, but for me they are just too big to be used as a phone!

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Running an iPhone 5C here in that really nice blue (coincidentally my favourite blue too :D), only an 8GB model, wasn't quite willing to double the up front payment on my contract just for an extra 8GB of storage i won't be using anyway, i bought a data heavy plan so i stream the majority of my stuff

4. Sic Puppy

Sic Puppy Live from the Energy City of NZ

Still got my HTC One M7. Haven't even thought about changing even after 16 months.... Best phone I've ever owned.

5. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

I'm about 30 months into my 24 month contract. I need to upgrade both my phone and my wife's phone as our phones are ridiculously slow, but the problem with that is that the contract terms of all the phone carriers have changed dramatically and actually cost more than what I pay now. The only one that seems plausible is one by T-Mobile, but I hear that Sprint wants to buy them out...

6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Love'n the Nexus 5. So glad I bought it.

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I went with T-Mobile after finishing up my Sprint contract and have been very happy so far. I went with the Galaxy S5. The last report I saw about the buyout is that Sprint dropped its interest in T-Mobile. Of course, today's a new day and no one knows what tomorrow is going to bring.

8. CDsDontBurn

Well, after shopping at all the major competing carriers, I decided to renew with Verizon for another 2yrs. All the other carriers were having plans placed at about what I was already paying ($175) for having the same 6GB data that Verizon just offered me. This puts me with Verizon for 10 years IIRC and will be 12 years when my new contract is up. The reason why I went with Verizon again is because I have been a long time customer of theirs that they were able to provide me with the perks of being a loyal customer. It was because of that that Verizon was able to offer me a program where I'm only going to be paying $125/mo from my previous $175/mo with 6GB of data. My bill will drop an additional $20 as soon as I drop the 3rd line shortly after the new year. By renewing my contract, I managed to snag up the LG G2 for my wife and in about a month or so, I'm going to snag up the LG G3 for myself. I'm only going to be paying $20 for the phone after $50 rebate, so that was really a no brainer for me to go this route.

So, it seems that having stuck it out with Verizon has paid off in my case :)

9. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Wtf. I pay 29€ for full speed 4G with 50GB data 100 min of speaking time and 100 SMS's.

10. CDsDontBurn

The reason for the high cost of my plan is because I have 3 lines on my plan. The new plan is unlimited talk and text + 6GB of data. Also, based on the combined data usage, we barely touch 1GB of data with my wife at ~250MB and me at ~750MB. The low data usage is for two reasons. The first is because where I live, the data service is rather poor so we tether to my home's WiFi. The other is due to me using my work phone's unlimited data plan not because it's unlimited data, but because it's a MUCH faster phone than my phone. My phone is so ancient it just crawls. I know once I get my own phone, likely the LG G3 I mentioned before, that I'll be using my work phone strictly for work purposes and my personal phone for personal. My data usage should then go up at least another 1.5GB based on what my work phone's data usage tracking system tells me.

11. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Been having one for about two months and am liking it more and more.
    Would have liked a dedicated button area at the bottom instead of it taking up the screen space, but that's the only lingering want.

One thing it made me realise that 5 inch is really at the max size of what is usable for me. As nice as a large screen can be I really need to be able to use a phone for everything with one hand. I'm surprised to see some prominent apps like the Chrome browser having a UI that is less than optimal for one hand.

12. Shuflie

Shuflie Active Member

Been a while since I've posted on here but may as well start again somewhere. Current phone is a OnePlus One 64Gb, great android phone, really fast and fantastic battery life.

Calliers likes this.
  13. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Planning to replace my ageing Xperia Pro with an Xperia Z3.

14. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

Smart phone? When my 3GS died, I just took an older phone from the drawer and used it. lol. I don't really spend a lot of time on it as some folks, plus my brother is addicted to Clash of Clans and is constantly bugging me to get a new phone just so I could join him.

15. MarcDestrick

MarcDestrick New Member

I use a iPhone 5.

I had it for 1 (1/2) years, and now it´s lacking a bit, and starts to make weird things. Until now it have been the best phone i ever tried before.
    Sweet smooth design, great camera, and easy to use.

16. Liqourice

Since yesterday I have an Xperia Z3. :)

Not mine but the same colour.
    [​IMG]

Did some testing with 3DMark as well.

[​IMG]

Tipstaff likes this.
  17. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

My Samsung Galaxy S5 (MSM8974AC v3) scored 18572 in the 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited Android benchmark test.

18. Liqourice

I can probably get it to score higher if I turn off a lot of stuff and disable some of the bloatware. So much unnecessary stuff running on the phone. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

19. Lunete Ainsworth

Lunete Ainsworth New Member

I'm currently using Samsung Galaxy Core but will upgrade next week to Samsung Note 4 :)

20. aray

aray New Member

I just got my brand new Lumia 535 after losing my Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos and it suits my needs, well, handsomely. Being a writer, I needed something that could help me edit the documents on-the-go and I really did not see anything better than the Lumia 535 within my budget on the horizon. I was skeptical about my decision of shifting the OS but, with the fast processor, long battery life, and a really great camera, I see this as a successful shift from Android to Windows. Kudos!

QB71 likes this.