What temperature is your CPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by HardwareHeaven, Mar 27, 2003.

1. TJ-

TJ- New Member

how do you guys get such low temps ?????????

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Athlon XP 2500 @ 2.2ghz (11*200) 70°C :wtf:

i think i have a problem there

3. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Big heatsink and lots of ariflow through my case.

That and I like to keep my house temperature fairly low, I'm quite comfortable in a t-shirt at 16-18 degrees.

4. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

Pentium 4 2.4gh .70 C

5. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Damn who built that thing!?!? Did they use thermal paste? When is the last time the case was cleaned?

I almost think you are looking at the wrong temp.

6. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 New Member

hehe...if i look at my tempsensor right now i will see 38°C and after heavy load i will see 46°C.

if i switch to another bios, lets say bios v.18 then i will get an idle temp of 32°C and a load temp of 38°C.

i'm on water cooling right now. but i could lower my cpu temp very simple: air cooling!

why? my rubbish mobo uses a rubbish sensor beneath the cpu. if there is only a slight airflow over this sensor the temp drops. as i a liquid cooler there is nearly no airflow left in my case - so the sensor reads rather high temps :duh:

i have learnt to live with that. now i have a sensor which measures the temp of the water. i try to keep this temp low and don't care about my strange cpu temp anymore [​IMG]

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Huh!? my NF7 v2 has the same exact sensor and it may be a few degrees LOW if anything... And it is always is consistent. I don't see how airflow can get to where that sensor is, It is in between the bottom of the CPU and the mobo- what air goes in there?

NF7 is rubbish? Hardly. :rolleyes:

8. mike2h

mike2h New Member

p4 2.4 at 3.03 with swiftech & 80mm evercool al fan.
    winter - 30-32c idle 43-45 load
    summer - 35-37c idle 48-51 load.
    55c is my max limit. i get twitchy when it hits 51c:uhoh:
    the noise/temp thing is a variable. for this comp i would not want anymore noise than i have now- total of 8 80mm fans(not counting the 3 fans in the 2psu, the fan on the swiftech chipset cooler, & the fan on the gpu).:) for me more noise regardless of temp drop is not an option.

but if somebody wants to send me a nice fluid cooling kit i would definetly go for the less noise more cooling option:D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  9. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

A64 3200+ @ stock
    27-31C idle
    47C after 8hrs of TOAST

case
    25-27C idle
    29-30 after a long long time of full load

my HS is a Venus 12, and my case is a Xaser 3

10. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 New Member

oh, don't get me wrong! all in all the nf7 is a good board but when it comes to temp measuring - don't trust it in any way.

if you can't get the idea of the airflow simply try it this way: get a room fan on the opened side of your case and blow fresh air into it. you will see huge temp drop. it might be normal that there is an tempdrop if you are on air cooling, but not such a huge drop.

but guess what: i also have this drop when placing a fan in front of the socket (i can see the difference by turning my case fans to a higher volt-rate) and i am on liquid cooling...

and look on the huge differences on the temp readings if you flash this bios versions after another: v10, v18, v27 (it is not limited on these and you can mix the order as you like)

11. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

i am watercooled, thats why my temps are the way they are.

12. Gardinen

Gardinen New Member

Case Temp: 27-30 degres celsius full load.
    CPU Temp: 35- 45 degres celsius full load.

Two Papst 19db in the back
    Zalman Copper CPU fan 80 mm @ variable speed.

13. Nuke209

Nuke209 New Member

CPU = 30c Full Loaded 45c
    Case = 27c

14. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Active Member

27-28c while sitting here folding :cool: on stock cooling Case temp 34c, Gpu 36c.

15. Ubergrendle

Ubergrendle Semper ubi sub ubi

Athlon 64, 3000+ Winchester (939)

~30 C idle
    ~40 C after 4 hrs of CounterStrike: Source

Will run some extended load tests on the CPU to see how high it spikes heat wise before I o'c. I'm hoping to bump up my mhz at least 10% using the stock HS.

How much should installing a case fan on the side improve my heat dissipation? Is it a noticeable improvement? I'm worried about noise to be honest.

16. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

29C idle and after some gfx and gaming its 37C full load. the case temps are 27C

17. Wizzard

Wizzard New Member

Hi Guys
    Sys:
    P4 3.2
    1024 ram
    ATI Radeon 9800 pro (artic cooling silencer 3)
    2 Hard Drives
    thermaltake Xaser 3 (plastic side glass of the case)
    2 front thermaltake fans
    2 rear thermaltake fans
    1 thermaltake fan top
    2 thermaltake fans side
    power supply 430w
    CPU fan thermaltake 3000 rpm
    Speedfan and aida32
    My case has a nob to adjust the speed of the fan for the CPU
    Temps:
    Idle : Case 25 motherboard 26 cpu 31
    full load : case 25 motherboard 26-28 cpu 55
    When i say full load, i mean a game that requires alot of FX like f1 99-02 and FS2004.
    When i open my case fans (my case can control 4 fan speeds) full , this gets very loud but does nothing to lower the cpu temp.
    I would like to feedback on these numbers please
    Thanks
    Wiz

18. itchy5

itchy5 New Member

3.2E @ stock idle - 33C load - 42C
    3.2E @ 3.85 idle - 37C load - 45C

<3 water

19. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

i just redid my waterlines yesterday, soaked all my blocks, and radiator in vingear then cleaned the crap outta them. replaced my loud sanyo denki fans with low speed antec ones. i was expecting my temps to be a lot higher because these fans are extremely low speed, 1500 rpm fans. Yet...... I now idle @ 28°C (using Vcool) and full load @ 41°C., these are @ 2.4GHz.

20. starfury6

starfury6 Dark Jedi

My current system is my first A64 system and I understand that the FX55's run far hotter than the Athlon XP chips I'm used to. My current system with CnQ disabled runs at 40C idle and 55C load (after about an hour of gaming and 22.5C room temp). There are 2 6800U's in the box too so they obviously give off a lot. I have AS5 which still hasn't passed the 200 hour 'bed in' time, but do the temps sound okay? Not used to a processor running this warm...

At Idle with Cool N Quiet enabled the temp goes down to 31C.

I currently have a Lian-Li PC60 (2x80mm inlet, 2x80mm exhaust), stock cooling on the Ultras, and a TR XP120 HS with a YS-Tech 120mm 125CFm fan.

To start with I thought there was too much AS5 on there as I was getting temps in the 60's so I reinstalled it with far less on there and the temps went through the roof (the PC shut down at 75C!) I was using an Asaka 120mm Ultra quiet at the time too, which obviously wasn't enough. I then removed it again and redid the AS5 and upped the fan to the 125cfm YS-Tech jobbie and I got temps where I am now.

I'm wondering if the performance might be increased if I have the fan set to suck rather than blow. Since there is an exhaust fan mounted directly above it, AND Thermalright state that the XP120 can be used in either configuration....

I wonder if the heat sink really isn't sitting correctly. I suppose I could check that by removing the case and running prime to load the cpu and check the temp. Then hold down the HSF myself and see if the temp is affected...

Maybe a final reseating and redo the AS5... I must admit checking the instructions from Thermalright i DIDNT put an amount on the cpu and let it be spread by the HS. I spread it myself. Maybe this means it's too thin... The AS5 is far thicker than all the previous versions I notice.