Whats love got to do with it ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by HardwareHeaven, Jan 31, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

3. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

interesting read, but im not up there yet...

4. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

***Sigh***

Boy was that read depressing,

I disagree with the dude though, thats the key to never just accepting and at least trying to be happy.

Chris Rock said it best: Either you're single and lonely or married and bored out of your f*cking mind
    I think the key is to overlook the flaws and notice that you too have flaws; as much as she pisses you off, the same thing with her,
    Bitching about her helps nothing , coz someone is bitching about Cameron Diaz and all those delicious pretties right NOW!

All of them! Even the girl u've been eyeing at the corner of your eye at the resturaunt
    hehe. :)

Its not easy though, I do try. :sigh:

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You have just made my day/night.

I am not married or in a long time relationship yet so I don't have first hand experience. From what I can see from mates who have, you are 100% correct.

Then there is what I can see on them. Changing from a friendly mate to this creature that combines two different personalities. That is afraid to say what he thinks in case it upsets the "other half". That suddently he will pretend he doesn't care any more about other women and he is mature, llike 85 years old mature, but it isn't difficult to spot him looking at that mini skirt passing by.
    Worst of all, now that he is caught in the web, he is trying to persuade you to do the same. No, guys, it's not that he is so happy and he wants you to share his happiness. It is that he is trapped and you have to be punished too because A) you are his friend, B) misery loves company.

Having said the above, being completely alone isn't the best thing to feel either.

One actor in a tv series once said, being married is to have someone to get you to the hospital. I think I agree.

6. HardwareHeaven

wow, you guys are very serious :w00t:

7. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

well thats coz i'm in a rel thats lasted 3 years my last one was 9 months :D

BIG DIFFERENCE!!

:D:D:D

and i've learned a few things too, wait a few!!
    I meant too much! :duh:

8. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

There are some things men aren`t supposed to know. If you want to look into pandora`s box, read the following book.

I know it sounds corny but believe me, this book was given to me by two very good friends (in fact we were so close we called ourselves the "Tripod", still do) after I had just come out of my first and only long term relationship (some of you might remember the time I was sad) as they felt I was finally ready for it.

What it is is the fruits of them reading just about every single relationship and dating book on the planet before they finally found this, David DeAngelo's Double Your Dating.

Double Your Dating eBook by David DeAngelo - How to Be Successful with Women and Dating

9. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

that video was just hilarious

10. Calliers

11. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Allan that was just awesome and so true :cool:

Fuck the bi-polar high maintenance biatches I still have yet to be married at 41 ;)

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I have three ex-wives and I get along with all of them and my ex girlfriends. I have to agree, its about space, self respect and taking care of yourself first.
    Broken hearts are for assholes.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Completely disagree.

I'm sure it has to do a lot with level's, doses, tolerances, and differing life experiences (I would say I have much less than the great Z).

I honestly love my fiance. I've been with her for 5-6 years lived with her for about 3 yrs and my God she has so many problems. Lived with her for about 3 yrs. So many things that come up. She is bipolar, manic depressant, and has seizures every other day. She is though a beautiful person inside and out and is one of the only people I have found that has accepted me for my faults, even the dark ones.

I would say with everything she has going on with her the relationship is about 75% for her 25% for me. She has so many medical problems and is in and out of hospitals that have no clue what to do and never any answers. The only helpful thing we have gotten from them is a pacemaker to at least prevent her heart from stopping.

Honestly, I threw all that macho man bullshit out the window a long time a go. All I have time for is to work and to help and support her. Its called being self-less. I have given up a lot but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

There are definitely times where I almost want to hit her in the face or scream at her for being so unreasonable but I don't. Not because I don't have a bone or I'm not a "manly man" or some over advertised bullshit. Its because I have to be strong and swallow my pride to keep her strong through all of this.

And it sure as hell is not easy. I really was a very angry dude for a very long time.

Its not because I'm worn down, its because I love her and its that simple. I am patient and understanding and I don't expect it in return. Honestly I don't really care if I don't get anything back from her.

I hope things get better for you Z. I'm sure they will, and if they don't then maybe it is something with you.

I also know some of you are saying, but you have never been married so you have no idea. I can honestly say, f*ck that. That is an excuse. Marriage is a joke if you treat it like a joke. If your marriage failed it is because one of you were impatient. Not patient to wait until you had found out and sorted everything before you were married. Or not patient or understanding enough to work through. Despite how many times you have to work through it the minute you give marriage becomes a joke. And it is not for "pretend" and not for the light hearted.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

thats great man...
    you must know a great deal about your own self them and you have embraced what you need to stay with your lady.
    thats what I mean about just taking care of yourself.
    If you dont know yourself then problems will continue to happen when expectations arent met.
    I believe if a relationship doesnt last or does, what matters is that both people want it to work, if it doesnt, then someone isnt trying hard enough to be honest with themselves.
    I believe broken hearts are for tabloids and perpetual sadness and misery, which for me is bullshit. I just love who I am with, and share what I have and never stray from who and what I am.
    I figure, if I really want something, I will change what is necessary to make space for my lover or anyone else for that matter.
    I cant speak for Z, because who truly can right? Nobody and I mean nobody knows him better than he knows himself, but better to have loved and lost rather than never loved at all.
    I have had three great marriages that didnt last very long, but I still love my women, and we still get along, we just couldnt stay married but we are better friends now than ever before.
    I am just not the long relationship or marriage type, but I encourage everyone to find themselves first and deal with their own demons before tackling someone elses.
    Good for you man, I hope you enjoy many more years of sharing and love.

15. HardwareHeaven

I think my tongue in cheek blog has been taken rather seriously. This thread has given me quite a bit of amusement, I have to say :evil:

I expect to see a SFOSOK marriage guidance thread soon, I never knew the dude was so in touch with his feminine side ! AWESOME !

16. Calliers

Hey man, if you take David D. seriously you will be so hot to the opposite sex you can lift your hand up to pat your hair and a hot chick nearby will think you're lifting it up to wave at her and respond appropriately, you might even be stalked too (not fun). Chicks are military grade detectors of patheticness and if you have even one shred of it in you you're done like dinner.

Edit: course men like Zardon don't even need it what with their castles on hills and all. :lol:

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

its the ratio of X and Y chromosomes that work in SFO's favor..;)

18. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Not taken too seriously here but a well written blog and so was your post SFOSOK. I have a lot of female friends so don't get me wrong and I have had some great relationships over the years.

The last 2 women I dated seemed to like to play "Guess whats wrong" and that's not for me ... there are good ones out there that's why I am off to New Hampshire this spring :)

19. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

It's all about finding someone who fits into your own psychoses, and whose psychoses you can tolerate as well.

I saw the tongue in cheek of your post, you write much like I do when I blog. It was a fun trip really, just a satirical diatribe and from our perspective glib jab at the 'fairer sex'.

I think that everyone of us is an unstable mess when you get right down to it, and when you find that other unstable mess that understands you, and whom you understand your golden. The road to that person though.. good lord that can be paved in some awkward, terrible moments..

You know its all wrong when a girl is lying next to you and you cant sleep because she freaks the hell out of you and you envision your death. Pretending to be asleep until she either leaves, or falls asleep so you can retreat somewhere else.. haha

-Syn

vancouver likes this.
  20. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You know, if you are seriously worried that the woman might kill you, perhaps she is not the right woman for you. Unless you get a kick out of this, then, all is fair.