What's the best setting for music play? Thanks a lot.

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by catchup, Apr 17, 2012.

1. catchup

catchup New Member

Hi, I'm a newcomer. Although I spent lots of time trying to understand the DSP, it's still too difficult for dumb people like me.

Currently I'm using a second hand Audigy 2 (Dell version, PCB 3050, recognized as 0243 by kX3551) in win 7 64bit. The defaut setting is OK for ASIO in foobar and HQplayer, but when I use movie players, there are radom explosive noises.

I heard that P16V could generate the best sound quality and support higher audio formats? But I don't know how to use ASIO or WAPASI with it. I often use HQplayer to play music which only supports ASIO and WAPASI, not KS.

Could anyone please share a best sound quality setting for music and movie play please?

Thanks a million:)

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

For the "explosive noises" try SPDIF/AC3 as your default output device instead of Master Mixer in Windows audio panel. This will give a clean stereo output with the default DSP. Just select that as your device, you don't need to be using SPDIF output jacks or anything like that. Just make the change in the audio panel.

3. catchup

catchup New Member

Thank you very much for your kind help. I'll try it when I get home.

4. jtop8

jtop8 New Member

thanks man helps me out alot