Whats your chosen cooler for overclocking?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Excuse the double post.

The Hyper 212 arrived today :D
    After struggling for some time to get it all screwed in properly (because I was too lazy to unplug everything, as it took me ages to cable tidy it all!) I popped in to the hardware monitor and the CPU was idling at 27 degrees (compared to around 52 previously), even with the previous Q-Fan controls enabled. As it was running so cooly I decided to crank up the Q-Fan to silent mode and turned down the chassis fans. It's pretty darn quiet and I'm idling at 32 degrees.
    It's not a major overclock (0.57GHz increase) but all things considered, Q9550s are (apparently) known for running quite hot so it seems pretty decent to me.

2. JaccoW

JaccoW New Member

I have been using a Thermolab Baram with a push-pull set of Tacens Ventus Ice.
    It works good, but not as good as I would want. Then again, maybe I need to do something about the mess of cables. :p

3. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

I have two stock coolers, one Pentium 4 and one E7300 (which is the smaller sized Core 2 Duo heatsink). I also own a Xigmatek HDT S1283 which I used to get to 4GHz for the first time which benchmarked FEAZR like crazy! At the moment I'm in-between decent coolers while using a Zalman CNPS9700 (like Mousey). Imo it's like the Xigmatek for temperature and takes up just as much space. I want liquid cooling though and to compensate for this I have a room fan blowing into an open case right now. IMO all the coolers out there atm are damn ugly as heck. I just want something decent. I wouldn't go for anything on the shelf atm. I also have a Thermaltake ORB2 which I first used on my E7300. It worked Ok and didn't take up much space.

4. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

[​IMG]
    I think this is as low as the sensor will go on the i7 920. Its real temps is around -40C.

5. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

how u keep condensation out?

6. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

By doing good insulation on the board. Although I've been having some other issues w/ the board so the system is no more at the moment.

7. Mike_Tech

Mike_Tech New Member

XSPC Watercooling for me. X2-550@4.0Ghz. waiting till I go DDR3 later on and unlock to Quad :)

Mike