When do you think is the end of the world?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by CDsDontBurn, Jul 25, 2009.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

As the year 2012 approaches, more and more people will begin to freak out about "the end of the world" and it'll end up being another hoax like the whole y2k hoax.

but regardless on if you believe about the 2012 thing or not, what do you believe will be the true end of the world for the human species?

i myself believe that we will be over taken by robots as portrayed in movies such as, The Matrix, Terminator, and I-Robot. And if this is going to be true, then it would most likely be more probable to happen sometime as early as 2050.

for some people, "the end of the world" is the day that particular individual dies. because face it, the world as a whole does not care when you die except those most closest to you.

for others, it's when humanity as a whole is no longer in existance. or do you believe that people will find some way to escape whatever perils faces humanity and we will continue to thrive no matter what it is that we encounter?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

When you started your facebook account, I told you that already ;)

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Seriously?

I don't feel we will be overtaken by robots or technology I feel our younger generation have already been seduced by it. How many 15 year old's have practiced there times tables for hours or know long division on paper?

This also goes into trades as it seems we have none being taught without hydro these days. I am going to stop here before I write a 1000 page novel on this.

4. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

it will be the day i die, cause there will be no one else to press the button...

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

AHHAHAHA If really end world in 2012 we better start Living on Mars then :) lol

6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Well, the Sun's almost five billion years old, and most medium size stars live for about 12 billion years, so I bet we've about 6 or 7 billion years left. Give or take a few hundred million years (the sun has to expand before it supernovas).

Honestly though, I would be surprised if humans made it a few more thousand years. We're far too... self destructive to make it that long. Sad too, as I think we have the brains (individually) to do so, but none of us is as dumb as all of us.

Oh, this is totally ancillary to what Nostradamus/the Bible/the Mayans/that stoner you roomed with at college has told you.

charm_quark likes this.
  7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I don't think the world will end at all. No matter how bad life gets on Earth, whether it be natural disasters or a man made apocalypse there will be many people who will survive and rebuild. More likely, when Earth is nearing the point it will be uninhabitable for the majority of humanity those with the means to do it will colonize other planets; even if this happens at a snails pace humanity will find a way to spread and number far greater than the Earth could ever support.

Nothing less than the entire planet being wiped out by some asteroid or the sun going supernova would do us in prematurely but the odds are in our favor.

8. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

We just move to the moon or mars then before that happens hehe.

9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

you don't have to look very far into history to get an idea of how we'll go eventually.
    the world wars, particularly the second could've ended up a lot worse ultimately.
    then there was the cold war, when apparantly the russians were within an hour of hitting the button.
    then there's things like the 1960 china famine, at least 30m + allowed to die, the rise and rise of extremism etc..

ultimately, we will wipe ourselves out. betcha ;)

10. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

The Earth will probably be around for another couple of billion years before it gets consumed by the sun. As for people they will probably still be around in some form bar some catastrophic disaster that sterilizes the planet.

If we manage to progress over the next few centuries to the point where we can actually leave the Earth then who knows. However as I understand it eventually the universe will suffer heat death and nothing will be able to exist thereafter.

11. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

lets just hope if we get taken over by robots that they are powered by microsoft operating systems. will be really easy to take down.

Mousey likes this.
  12. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

betcha that apple will make a couple of their own robots. but just like PCs vs. MACs, the PC based robots will outnumber the MAC based robots 4 to 1. :lol:

13. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

14. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

brilliant pic MKK :D

15. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

I know the answer to this question, but unfortunately my views will be too conspired to give a second thought. Probably right too seeings as noone would want to cause a widespread panic!!

16. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Unless aliens attack or there is some solar catastrophy, my guess is the human race will die out due to genetics. The male of the species already produce less and less (in numbers and quality) sperm, no matter what part of the world he lives in. The environment will not get any better, ever, and that will "help" towards that as well.
    The humans have the capacity to outsmart their creator (be it gods, nature, luck, aliens, whatever) and fix the problem, but I don't see it happening any time soon and even if it does, the humans of a few hundrend/thousand years from now will be way too different to today's.

I don't believe anything will happen on 2012. If the Maya were that clever and could see the future they would avoid their own destruction. Or perhaps call in their alien friends to save them. In other words, the whole 2012 end of the world thingy is for me a total BS.

17. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

LOL, you're so funny! :)

18. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

OK. there are two types of humans. They are neither categorized or known, but they are there. Both have completely different views on when the world will end. One believes that it will NEVER end and the other the opposite. I believe that we have to survive. We came here because we were just surviving. ANd we will leave for the same purpose. Whatever this giant machine is that keeps us here is the clue to keep going. Recreating it is our goal. Time will run out, but to survive is up to ALL of us.

19. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

the world will never end.....

the way we see it however may at some point.... hopefully sooner rather then later imo (fyi, positive outlook, cause really majority of the human race is scum)

20. mike2h

mike2h New Member

the world(plaent earth) will end at some point. i dont expect humans to be around to witness that event.
    as far whne humans as race cease to exist, doesnt really matter. it will happen however it hapeens. its kinda fun to theorise but the only thing anybody can give on that subject is an opinion.