Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Andruuc, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Andruuc

Andruuc New Member

Right now I have a ATI Mobility 9700 from Alienware. I'm not happy with it at all and want to upgrade. I've looked around and I can't seem to find anyplace that sells mobile video cards on the internet. I've looked for the Nvidia Go 6800 and the radeon mobility x800 but just can't find where to buy them. Any ideas?

2. Randy P

Randy P New Member

I'm not completely sure, but you may not be able to upgrade a laptop vid card... That's the crappy thing about laptops. But, that is just what I heard; I'm sure there has to be a way to upgrade. I've thought about it myself actually.

3. Louiemaster

Louiemaster Masto Commando

Well if he is running an Alienware laptop he should be able to upgrade it. Even some dell laptops have upgradable video cards.

4. yoda133113

yoda133113 New Member

yeah many newer laptops have a detachable video card (especially the larger desktop replacements) heck even my new Gateway has a replaceable distinct graphics card

5. Andruuc

Andruuc New Member

Yea, I have a detachable video card so I figured I could replace it. The problem is that there just doesn't seem to be anywhere on the internet that sells mobile video cards.
    Which I find hard to believe. Right now I'm gonna check out Ebay and see what I can find. I'm willing to go with either Nvidia or ATI but thier both being bitches. Worst case scenario I send it back to Alienware to have it upgraded.

6. yoda133113

yoda133113 New Member

well you can definately get one from alien, but a third party would probably be cheaper