Which driver and version are you mobility users using?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by XClaude, Nov 1, 2005.

1. XClaude

XClaude New Member

I'm completely confused. I have a Mobility Radeon 9700 128mb on my laptop here. Laptop is a Sager NP3790 (aka Clevo M37EW) with PM 1.7Ghz, 1024mb ram. I mean, it's decent enough to cut SOME games right?

Problem is... it doesn't run the popular games that I want to play. GTA San Andreas, Quake 4, Halo, etc...

I tried almost every driver I can get my hands on for the video card, but NONE seem to work. It seems like all the new drivers are missing OpenGL? Cuz nearly all games needing OpenGL can't load it and crash me to an error message saying "Unable to initialize OpenGL". GTA (Vice City AND San Andreas) BOTH just blink black and right back to desktop.... The ONLY driver that runes everything is the stock (default) video driver shipped with the laptop back in August 2004.... but it's so old that the games runs at a crawl and image quality sucks(very blurry). I know the driver sucks cuz there are certain games such as Guild Wars that ran in the new drivers too, so I can see the comparision.

So here I sit, unable to run the games I want on a good set of drivers. I just want to know what all the mobility users out there are using. If you could just please tell me the card you have, the maker of the driver, and the name and version of the driver. That would be very helpful... maybe I can match up my system to one of you and might get a working set of drivers.

My system runs on Windows XP Pro w/ SP2.

Cheers

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Try the Omega Drivers or the DHZeropoint . They are the in house drivers here, and are both great. Also, you can download Mobility Modder and use the official cats.

Personally, I use the Omega's, but have had good luck with DHzeropoints.

3. mbd2884

mbd2884 New Member

I use the hotfix from ATI, the beta 5.10a

4. XClaude

XClaude New Member

*sigh* the Omega driver boots up to a black screen.... ie, it doesn't even detect my LCD's presense...

5. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Try using the Omegadrive 5.6's, or maybe the ATI Catalyst 5.9 Mobility set available here:
    driverheavendownloads

I gave up trying to use any modded sets a while back, but my laptop is three years old (Mobility Radeon M6...) - using Dells driver based upon Cat 4.3s.

6. redsolar

redsolar Off duty

5.9s here. Have not had a chance to put Omega's 5.10a-based just yet.