which driver is best for audigy 1 ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by moroga, Dec 5, 2005.

1. moroga

moroga New Member

hi all

i´ve an audigy 1 and use the audigy 2 zs drivers with great sound but as i know it might be better :cool:

so i wanna know from u which driver is going to bring myself the best sound experience ? drivers i´m using, audigy 4 or something else ?

importent for me is a clear and dynamic sounding in music and movies ! games are not that important...
    cause i´m mixing music with pc i need the best drivers i can get

thanxs a lot

moroga

2. TFAROCH

TFAROCH New Member

The bast driver for A1 is beta creative 2.08 from creative official web with A4 iso (but EQ doesnt work) or you can try new Pax 2.31.:)
    Much better than A2Zs driver 2.08 has louder deep bass and very clean and detail sound in games and for music too , trust me try it on very good speakers Visaton + Luxman ampplifier :drool:

3. ivanpop

ivanpop New Member

Hello... please, which driver is best on Audigy1? I choose between Youppax1.00, Creative Beta 2.08 0002, Creative official and Youppax 2.31. I am looking best sound quality for music playback. And work Graphic EQ and A4pro.iso with Creative BETA driver? Many thanks for reply.

4. TFAROCH

TFAROCH New Member

I said for A1 is best Beta Creative 2.08 0002 (or now official 02.08.0004 ) ,but EQ from A4 ISO donesnt work, maybe try PAX 2.31 (same sound, little worse) but i heard that EQ from A4 ISO + Pax 2.31 doesnt work too, maybe help you some fix, try find in section about A4 iso. :w00t:

5. Deam

Deam New Member

you can just modify the Pfmod file to get the eq to work. Look on one of my most recent posts to determine how. I don't have the chance at the moment to find it.

I too have an issue, but only with regards to which apps to use. I use the creative official drivers.

6. hyakki

hyakki New Member

For me 2.08.0004 aren't that good since when you have the mixer set to 5.1 speakers it will play stereo sources such as mp3 through all 4 speakers (left, right , back left & right) with CMSS OFF so far this is the only driver where it did this (I also think this is why people think this driver sounds better since it makes it seem louder and bass is louder) but it annoyed the hell out of me.

The best driver i found so far were using the X-FI drivers from creatives site (2.07.0004) and it does include support for the audigy without modifications (use . Drivers/setup.exe to install)

for more info on pfmods refer to these posts

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?p=591305#post591305

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006