Which is Better Apple or Samsung?

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by center_table, Nov 12, 2017.

1. center_table

center_table Member

I need to buy a new phone and I'm thinking which brand to get, in your opinion which one is better, iPhone or Samsung?

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

considering cost involved and generally how easily repaired various phones are in the event something does go wrong down the road... i'd favor samsung over apple in this regard as the shear number of technical issues i deal with over the course of the years tends to be apple always by a huge margin.

though if you want a good alternative, HTC makes some really decent pure android phones that upgrade easily to the newer version of android OS without much bullshit so to speak.

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Why limit yourself to Apple or Samsung? There are so many other android based phones out there that you could easily find one with the specs you want. As an example I'm extremely happy with my Sony Xperia XZ and I hear a lot of good things of the new XZ1.

It all depends on what you need and feel happy with I guess. Personally I find the iphones quite overpriced compared to the closest combatting Android devices but at the same time, I'f you have everything else from apple it will make everything so much easier with in iphone.

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Personally, outside the Active, I don't like Samsung's phones. OMG, Touchwiz. I hate that thing. There's also little things with the S8/S8 Plus that bug me too like Bixby.. which is useless $**7 for the moment (I don't believe in beta testing an unfinished flagship selling point), and the fingerprint scanner is simply not only in the wrong place, but inaccurate.

I've got to go with Liqourice on this one. There are better options then either Samsung or Apple. Huawei Mate 10 Pro or the Honor line, LG V30 or G6 (the G6 is good too, but the V30 is the G6, but better), HTC U11 or U11 Plus (which was originally going to be the Google Pixel 2XL, but now better), and the Sony models Liqourice mentioned (good thing about Sony's phones is that they use the same audio chip in them that they do with their MP3 players).

Personally, I'd go with HTC. I've always had good experiences with HTC. Outside of the One S every HTC phone I've owned has been solid.

bearnard bale likes this.
  5. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

Xiaomi, Huawei, OPPO, etc
    there are a lot of companies out there making really quality stuffs, why limit yourself to just the big 2 ?

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Build quality and overall design, I swear by my Sony phones.
    IF I were to buy a new phone (not going to) and if money was no object, there is a good chance I would go with an iphone. Mostly because I am pissed off with some Android features.
    So between Apple and Samsung, I would go with Apple, but not because I have anything against Samsung phones.

I would avoid anything coming from a Chinese company though. Notorious for having malware installed.

7. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Apple in the horsepower department, also like Liqourice mentioned if you have everything else from Apple then an iPhone makes sense.

Otherwise my choice as of now would be the new Razer smartphone, I'm a big adopter of new technologies and gadgets and if I was in the market for a new phone right now Razer would get my money.

That said, I think for value for money you just can't beat Xiaomi.

If you have some cash to spare, I'd vouch for a Sony phone, they're pretty solid and like Tipstaff said sound awesome. I know this about Sony phones from personal experience.

Mario Sergio likes this.
  8. ornerynest

ornerynest New Member

for me, Samsung is much better than apple

Calliers likes this.
  9. center_table

center_table Member

10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

well this is a little bit sexy!
    glass both sides, metal case, and the fingerprint scanner is embedded under the company logo on the back of the handset there..
    :cool:

> Smartisan Nut Pro 2 <

daft name mind :p

Calliers likes this.
  11. Calliers

Yeah really, like I mean, who named that device? LOL!

12. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

A lot of my family and friends have the Apple phones. I, however, have had mostly Samsung phones for the past 8 years or so. My first cellphone was a Blackberry. I had one other, non-Samsung phone but can't recall the brand. Everything since then has been Samsung. And, I've been quite happy with them, too.

Calliers likes this.
  13. Calliers

My first phone was a Nokia 3310. I've had two Blackberries in the past.

14. clubrope

clubrope Active Member

Always been an android user. I have Samsung Note 8 right now and I am enjoying it so much.

Rickhendrix and Mario Sergio like this.
  15. Mario Sergio

Mario Sergio New Member

apple is for limited people, those who use smartphones just for massaging and calling so i prefer samsung :p

16. Vanessa_Hessler

Vanessa_Hessler New Member

I used iphone but now i am using huawei p10 lite.. With huawei its my best experience as
    iphone.. I will prefer you to check huawei

Mario Sergio likes this.
  17. Vanessa_Hessler

Vanessa_Hessler New Member

I prefer android then Apple ,, Because Apple is limited

18. Mario Sergio

Mario Sergio New Member

love huawei mostly honor series but im a little concern about its back glass. is it strong or you know shattered in one drop ??

19. EmmaBellucci

EmmaBellucci New Member

I used both models but in my opinion, i recommend iPhone because of iphone secure due to its better security than Samsung ...!

20. Hugo_Giltner

Hugo_Giltner New Member

I agree with you. I also use both smartphone and both are a really great smartphone but I will give vote iPhone more than Samsung.