Which mouse do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Dec 17, 2011.

?

Which manufacturer made your gaming mouse?

1. Logitech

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. Steel Series

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Microsoft

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Razer

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Roccat

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Corsair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Saitek

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Other (please specify)

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Which mouse do you use and why? Do you like the mouse you're using now? How long have you used it?

As most of you know, I just got the Razer Deathadder 3500dpi mouse and so far it feels weird in my hands for half the games I play and it feels good in my hands for the other half. I think it will take a little bit of getting used to as it's a different shape from the other mouse I used before this one (a cheap dynex mouse as I wasn't gaming on my old laptop).

Among the other gaming mice I've owned are a Microsoft 6000 and a Logitech G5. I absolutely loved my Logitech G5, it is the best gaming mouse I've owned so far but I have to say I really like this Deathadder too. I have a feeling that after a while the Deathadder will become my favourite. It's tracking is really smooth and the buttons are really big so they're easy to click. I also like the fact that it doesn't have too many buttons, just two on the left side of the mouse and that's just the way I like it.

I was considering getting the Roccat Kone+ as suggested by Craig and Stuart as well but they also suggested the Deathadder and as it had less buttons I got the Deathadder instead. But because of a problem with the sticker around the bottom of the mouse, (link) I began to regret getting this mouse. However, I'm beginning to feel confident in it again as the mouse's tracking is still spot on and it is still as smooth as when I first got it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Logitech G700, and mostly liking it. I'm not quite as in awe as I was with my old MX-1000, but the G700 is still a better mouse on overall and certainly for gaming. I feel it's a little too expensive for what it is though, especially with its short battery life. I also don't get the "feeling" that it will hold up as many years as my MX-1000 did. To be fair, few mice are likely to do so for what I've seen nowadays and Logitech are still in the top when it comes to build quality.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Been using my trusty Blue MS Optical mouse for years now. It's comfortable, dependable, and does the job for me.

4. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

RAT 9. Physically customisable, wireless, dual rechargeable batteries, pinky rest, sniper button, high DPI and comfortable... is it even possible to ask for anything more in a mouse?

5. Calliers

I don't like wireless mice as I don't like having to change batteries mid-game.

6. Kizo

Kizo HHs Valve fanatic

A4Tech Oscar X-748 and I'm very satisfied with the quality and performance...
    It even has little regulation weights... :)

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Whatever I can find at the surplus or thrift store that's still serviceable. A few are older Logitech, and several that are Dell branded (which are probably also Logitech) but I voted "other" because I'm not a fanboi of anything other than "it works". I have several systems that's why I mentioned multiple mice..... not because they break or wear out.

It's a pointing device, not rocket science.

8. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

I use the Blue tooth version of the Logitech MX Revolution that came with the MX 5500 mouse/keyboard combo.

Yeah, it's cordless, but with the uberOptions software that installs 'on top' of Logitech's Setpoint, ALL of the buttons and the wheel are programmable, and the 'profile' will load automatically when the application/game loads.

With all of the buttons programmed, the only keyboard keys I need for shooters like Far Cry, and Fallout 3 are the arrow keys that I use for forward back and strafe left right.

I know it's not 'cool' to use a wireless for gaming, but it works for me.

9. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

There is no option to vote for Cyborg..

Currently using a Rat 3 mouse, after using several different gaming mice, i find this one the most comfortable overall...

As i have quite large thumbs that hindered gaming i find the overhang underneath the thumb buttons very handy,That it stops my thumb rubbing along the mouse pad..

10. Calliers

The Cyborg is manufactured by Saitek. :)

11. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

a little sarcastic joke :)

Calliers likes this.
  12. Calliers

:lol:

+repped.

Ishank likes this.
  13. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I'm using the A4Tech X6-80D:

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure I've seen a brand name mouse that looks exactly the same, but can't remember the make at the moment. Either way, I picked it for costing only 7€ yet having a bounty of buttons. The materials used feel cheap, but I've had it for a couple of years, if not a little bit more than that, and it's still working fine. Accuracy is good as well and the bundled software looks like something from Windows 95 era, but it's functional and both Vista and 7 recognize the device fine on their own anyway.

So, in short, far from the cream of the crop, but it's served me really well and proven to be great value for money.

14. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Still got my 1rst Edition Logitech G5 (levelled with 1 x 1.7g weights in each corner). Only problem is that I need to replace the feet on it.

Interesting note: I bought it for gaming yet I NEVER use it's features. I don't use the thumb button, don't adjust the sensor DPI, and I don't tilt the scroll wheel. Go figure. Still the best mouse I've ever used.

Oh, although it wasn't asked I'm using it with a Func Surface Archtype 1030 mouse pad (plastic base), the one given away to those that purchased Halo 2 PC.

15. Calliers

Crap, it wasn't the Logitech MX518 I had but the Logitech G5. I wonder how on earth I could mix those up. :lol:

16. Ishank

Ishank New Member

I use mouse of INTEX...........no idea which model is this.........

17. Tipstaff

Given that the G5 is pretty much an upgraded version of the MX518 (ver.1 even resembles the MX510 colour wise), having almost the same body/style, it's quite easy to do.

18. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G or Sharkoon Fireglider

i haven't decided if i'm getting on with the Z3RO-G yet, it doesn't track as smooth as my Fireglider
    or it might just be that it's different, i'm really not very good with change.

and mig, you should know better than to try and employ sarcasm on a forum largely populated by Americans and Canadians btw....

:p

19. Tipstaff

Try slowing the USB polling rate down to 500hz (2ms) in the Z3RO's software. I seem to remember it being set to 1000hz (1ms) by default, and causing a client a bunch of grief.

niceguyrichy likes this.
  20. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

ah cheers for the tip, i'll give it a go :)