which wireless joystick for pc

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by kelticknight, Jul 24, 2009.

1. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

hi all
    looking at 2 wireless joystick,which one is better ,who has used both and thoughs
    cheers

LOGITECH WIRELESS/CORDLESS FREEDOM USB GAMING JOYSTICK

and

SAITEK PS30 CYBORG EVO WIRELESS USB PC FLIGHT JOYSTICK

2. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

I used the Logitech Cordless Freedom for a couple of years, and it was a very good stick. It felt good, and the buttons are very well layed out. In fact, it still works, but I upgraded to a Saitek X-52 to get HOTAS.

The profiler software for the Logitech Cordless was excellent, and you should have no problema making profiles, unless they changed it. Actually, I think it's better than Saitek's profiler, which can be quirky at times, and isn't as user friendly as Logitech's was.

One thing to be aware of is that they WILL eat batteries. Logitech claims 50 hrs on 3 AA batteries :rolleyes: I never saw that :D

I'd advise you to buy a charger and some rechargables, especially if you are going to be using it a lot. You probably should do that no matter which wireless stick you get.

I used the Logitech in Battlezone, CFS1, CFS2, CFS3, FS2000, FS 2004, and IL2 Forgotton Battles, and it worked very well.

I can't give you any info on the Saitek wireless, but if it's as well put together as my X-52, it should be a fine stick.

I will note that I haven't gotten the Saitek software to work in WIN 7 64-bit yet, but that may be something that I'm not doing correctly. The drivers seem to install OK, but not the profiler.

3. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

cheers old buzzard,i had the wireless logitech few years ago before i gave to a friend,found it good,i saw somewhere on a review saying that the saitek is more real feel to it when using compared to logitech,i see the saitek uses only one battery but claim same hours as logitech,my only worry with saitek some reviews on yourtube show some buttons comming off stick easy

4. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

I finally found some decent pics of the Saitek, and from looking at it, I'm not impressed with the button layout on the base. With buttons on both sides of the base, you are going to have to take your hand off the stick to use one side or the other. Not something that I'd like to do during combat :D Really the only way to tell would be to find it in a brick & mortor store on display and see how it feels.

It's interesting that in the IL2 section of the UBISOFT Forum (also known as The Ubi Zoo), where the MS Precision Pro joysticks are reviered as gifts from the gods, if you mention Logitech sticks, everyone claims that they are garbage & poor quality. I find that a bit interesting as I had 3 MS Presion Pro sticks and every one of them had a problem with the trigger, and I had to take them apart to fix it, whilst the Logitech Freedom I used was like the Energizer Bunny...it kept going, and going.

Since you have already had a good experience with the Logitech Freedom, I'd recommend that you go back to what you know :D