Whining bastards have ruined it for the rest of us.

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by dj_stick, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

i am using no names here, if you feel like finding out who it was, the posts should be obvious

These selfish bastards (and countless others, including those who complained about previous contests) have caused the admins of this forum to discontinute offering competitions.

All you do is complain, complain, complain, and we're tired of deffending the legitimacy of our contests. So, go to another board and whine when you lose there next, becuse I'm handing you your walking papers - you're no longer welcome here.
    Why?
    Because those people thought that it was their right to insult the way that the competitions are run. These people, who run this site and allow us to use it for free, who offered these ocmpetitions, again for free, most likely have lives of their own, and jobs, and don't have the time to sift through so many entries and then wittle it down to just one.

to complain that the competition is unfair or "fixed" to be a punishment is stupid. they are just sore losers with no respect.

i'm glad the admins were true to their word and two of those members who posted abuse at the competition were banned, we don't need those people here

now they have gone and ruined it for the rest of us… most likely no more competitions here

2. grog

grog Roxy Music

This subject should just be dropped. Even complaining about those who complained is not productive.

Just drop it and let Zardon and the other mods handle the issue.

I think we have covered this subject enough.

Greg

3. acepaint

acepaint New Member

What I can't believe is the guy thought he should win because entered something like 100 slogans.

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

i agree with you there… ijust had to vion at the stupidity of some people

5. Dom

Dom New Member

I can very well understand your concern and you being upset. We like contests because it gives to the community and attracts new members to the site. The hardware that is given away is, in some cases, already the property of DH. We give it away to be nice. If we wanted the hardware, we would not need to 'fix' a contest, we could simply keep it; as it is our's in the first place.

Understand that we hold contests to be nice and to give back to the community. We don't have to do this, nor do we want to hear complaints about every single contest being a 'fix' or that the people who deserve to win never do. Why should we give things away if in return we receive nothing but complaints? We don't have time to deal with this nonsense.

We quite like contests and would like to give some more stuff away, but we don't know if anymore contest will be held, at least for the time being. We do appreciate the concern, but we don't need a whole big debate about this, as it's not a debatable matter. If there are anymore held, you'll see it frontpage as always.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.