why does iTunes run so crappy on some PCs?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, Mar 23, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Its always easier to blame the software though ;)

EDIT: I just noticed Customgamer1 bought an apple product!!! I bet he had to shower for a solid month after that ! :p

2. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Na lol.

When the product is priced right and is a great product I don't mind Apple. It is only those times like the computers they sell that are just super overpriced. They use the same components as PC makers, but some how they can so much more. No interest to me.

Also if the quality was so much better don't you think they would be clearly the number 1 spot miles ahead of everyone else with the premium cost? But that is just not the case at least not anymore. The quality of Apple laptop's bring them to the middle of the pack and the macbook style makes upgrading or fixing any part of the computer way harder than it should be.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Absolute cobblers :) I have posted quite a few scenarios were they actually cost less, and I mean there are quite a few right now that i could point out, such as the Dell Adamo superportable being 1,000 more than the air while having a lower spec. but hey there are two groups. PC fanboys and Mac Fanboys.

Anyway this isn't relevant to this thread so lets not crap on Bigbrownpimpsta's whinging. Im quite happy knowing that customgamer1 has an apple product, brought a real smile to my face last night (its ok though most Pc fanboys end up with at least one apple product sometime you aren't alone ;))

4. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

:rofl: touche mon cher, oui! Please pardon my French... :rofl: That was great! I really wish I did see a hardware issue here though. Need more input Pimpsta...

Unless BBP has a similar "laggy" issue with other software though (do you Pimpsta?), the likelihood of defective hardware is very low - might run a hard drive check... Any other Apps or Windows functions amiss? If something else isn't working well, that could be a clue.

iTunes uses a lot of different resources though doesn't it? Network connectivity/communications, USB busses/configuration,access to storage, its own built in search algorithms, and more - it is dependent on several foundational subsystems properly configured to work well.

If I were to start somewhere - with networking, system busses, storage, sound and video working well - I'd look at virus/spyware or the software that protects the computer against those nasties as a possible cause of the sluggish behavior. Use the quick one and compare against the sluggish one - considering both equalities and inequalities between the two.

5. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

To start really basic you could uninstall fully and re download a fresh copy of Itunes and see if maybe that might help?

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Well my first computer was a wirewrapped 6808 :w00t: