why I love the sky.....

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by Falstaff, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

The skys of Colorado are vast and romantic, I often find solace gazing into the rich and deep depth of clouds and wait for the briliant flash of lightening...Canon T-70, 200 asa, no filter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  2. mike2h

mike2h New Member

that is a f.....g awsome photograph! thx!! when did you take it & was that storm heading your way?

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

It was on the wyoming and colorado border

my kids and I were traveling to Montana to see my late grandfather, we stopped after a strong hail storm and saw the clouds just moving around very fast like a cloud of hornets.....I have a series of others with a tornado forming, but they are common here on the plains....I will take one tommorow morning, thanx mike2h

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

hey.... that's rather similare if not exactly what all of saskatchewan is like....

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

got relatives in Regina

but I have never ventured that far north really...but I love the open plains....very calm and yet violent....I really like it in snow...

6. studbagel9

studbagel9 Rolling the Hard Six

Fallang you seem to be the owner of a piercing and bright intellect. Your introspective and thoughtful pictures and paintings/drawings are really a wonder to behold. I often wonder what makes someone want to draw something. I suspect most of it is some sort of primodal need to express subconcious emotions in a tangible form... but whatever it is, you truly are an enigma. Ill say again your pictures are always a wonder to behold, and thanks for continuing to enlighten us all.

7. Judas

Re: got relatives in Regina

It's been a long time since we've gotten a GOOD snow storm...let alone rain....it may as well be a desert here... :( farmers are going bankrupt everywere :tears:

8. CoCheese

CoCheese New Member

Nice Jeff!

9. Judas

for some strange reason.... i'm waiting for someone to come in here and ask if you drew that..... :)

10. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

thanx...

but I actually did a pastel for someone that enjoyed the photo, I enjoy photography, but my father is a photographer, I wish I had his talent, we travelled the world taking photos when I was younger, I wish I still had those photos...My favourite places were Turkey, Crete, Scotland and Canada..So much of what the eye can behold is beyond description, yet lies within our ability to enjoy, embrace and use to transform ourselves, to become introspective, to see within our souls...to be more than just flesh and bone, that I believe is a gift from God.

11. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member

Nature is truly awesome!:cool:

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I have more photos

unfortunately they are large format, gotta figure out how to downsize them and not lose the texture and value of them...sigh

13. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Very Nice, Jeff.

I'm just starting to get back into photography and I think that shot has inspired me to go out and shoot something now.

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

thanx

I am doing night photography now, lots of drama on the cobblestone streets of my town after midnight....I think it is just as valid as sketching or even music...lots of freedom for expression..and lots of subject matter out there.....enjoy