Why I've gone back to IE

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Takaharu, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

how was IE ever unstable.... I've never really had an unstable version of IE....

Look here.... as I've stated... IE6 was fairly solid for it's time..... IE7 brought about improvements.. tabs being a massive one.. IE8 basically solidified it's situation and became rather quite nice to use. IE9 broke so many things it's laughable... the crux of windows 7..... IE10 brought back the feeling had with ie7... stable.. solid... working.... IE11 is like the new ie8.... everything is fantastic with it....

IE9 was only broke in the sense that capability issues are prevailent across the board in numerous cases... if a website worked.. it still worked REALLY well.... but quite often the big issue was the way links were handled I found, for example downloading firefox with ie9 is a pain in the ass..... or downloading drivers from AMD's website... the linking methods would cause IE9 to fail to properly capture what it needed to... tons of websites would fail to work.

KEEP a clean add-on free/minimalistic IE.. and the sucker just cannot be touched for load speeds and issue free browsing.

2. retard

retard New Member

That's the point! Like you say, add-on free and clean installation is the best way to try again.
    Fingers crossed!

3. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

Did you stop taking your meds?

I'll concede that last part scares me though; I'll prolly hold off poofing IE8 fully patched on my Win2003 R2 system as a result of that statement.

:annoyed:

I was going to do that anyways, so not all that big of a revelation.

XP based systems are constrained to IE v8 upgrade path. Yahoo - and a what can only be interpreted as being a multitude of interweb-sites - proclaimed that I'm persona non-gratis; just logging onto HaYoo home page to access web-based eMail suddenly became a fraught nightmare complete with vexation.

Fun.

Solution: use another browser. :duh:

I was smart and did an inter-web search for that. One of the search results was 'Dragon' having the Comodo brand.

:hmm:

Since I've been using Comodo Internet Security since Feb 2010 and know that its the way to go, Dragon must be it.

:rofl:

I don't know how a significant portion of the interwebs functions, but I could NOT make heads or tails of that Chrome based-Dragon.

So I tried Comodo Ice Dragon - on Fire Fox v26 - within 48 hours I need an answer to this qwexion: why in the hell have I been using a piece of s#*t as a coaster as an interweb browser for nearly 15 years?

FireFox is based on open sourced JavaScript Mozilla interpreted CSS. I understand that Chrome is spoda be similarly based, but itss significantly attached to the hip of Google; one might as well just mainline right into the NSA.

I just plain couldn't finger out Chrome; and I just plain don't know 'bout things refered to as Chromium, Safari, Opera, et ali.

Why does it have to be SO opduz, such that everythings SO lock down 'cause you not so smart to know what, where and why to do

:confused:

I think Takaharus meds missing or altered.

:hmm:

4. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

"Qwexion"
    "As a coaster as an interweb browser"
    I see words, yet the words make no sense. Interestingly, this member has already replied.

I'll assume that I can piece together some pseudo-grammar into someone knocking IE. Moreover, the question "Did you stop taking your meds?" started the post, yet the post did not justify the question.
    You don't like IE and I don't care :) At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal preference.

I'm currently using Nightly as my primary browser and IE as the default.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Yup.... nightly x64 alongside IE11........ no problem.

6. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I am a IE user just because I'm used to it (so any many hours and years) but there
    are times it doesn't display a page right or there is some sort of issue so I keep Chrome
    and Firefox as backups for that sort of issue.

If you use IE make sure you use ccleaner, IE leaves more junk behind then NASA,
    I often clear everything In the browser and after that there are a good 10,000 files
    left in the IE cache ... sigh

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Are you a native Hoosier? I was born in Marion; grew up in Swayzee. My parents moved south when I was 12. Thought I'd ask.

OK....carry on. :)

8. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Yes, born here in Bloomington (Monroe county) moved up to Indianapolis(Marion county) for 6 years and moved back in October 2012