Why People Believe Americans Are Stupid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by zaim, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hey I know for sure that there is some people in America who are more stupid than those on that clip. Just see documentary film called Jesus Camp ... I was laughing my ass of half the time when I saw it ... :D :D

2. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Have a sense of humor, Jeff ;)

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Doesn't matter where you got around in the world, your bound to run into a pile of dumbasses! ;) :D

4. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

And we became the most advanced country how? Because after watching that, I honestly want to move.

5. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

I was thinking the same thing...:wtf:

6. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

There's stupid people everywhere.

I was in court the other week as a professional character witness and approached the security desk where you go through an airport style walk-through scanner detector thing and get frisked etc. Anyhow, the guard was (I think) a foreign national and I asked him for two tickets for the afternoon viewing of 'The Last King of Scotland' and he explained that it wasn't a cinema. I acted confused, that I didn't understand how it wasn't a movie house and that I still wanted the tickets and would pay extra for good seats. Had him going for about four/five minutes and he got quite distressed LOL poor guy. I do that kind of thing all the time to all sorts of people - don't care who they are...

7. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Good for you, buddy!

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I do:p

9. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

yeah... people who think that clip represents people ONLY found in america - or represents americans as a whole - well its surprising, comming from those who seem to cliam they are superior. And *we're* the hypocrits... pfff.. And since when is it considered 'superior' to escelate prejudice like this?

Not to mention:
    1) goto a beach in any country with a camera crew - and watch all the idiots jump out of the wood work/clam shells - ever see the TV show called 'street smarts' where people got paid for their most ridiculously stupid answers??... whos to say this guy did'nt offer the same deal??

2) the one guy was obviously homeless - yeah, they're well known for their intellect and pride and would likely eat a fresh steamy pile of dog crap on camera for a bottle of cheap wine/booze. - What no substance abuse down under?

3) Looked to me like the one guy was drunk... erm, great time to ask about geography and current events. Definitly seemed dis-oriented to me.
    Ever hear of 'going along with a joke' ? - I may have looked at the obviously screwed up map - and 'played along' for the camera too. ??

4) the one gal with the british or ausie accent - she didnt know the country she was in either and she definitly was not from here. Maybe even part of the TV crew??

5) Isnt america made up of emmigrants from these supposive 'superior' countries?

6) I know a few people who could care less about foriegn countries/affairs - we're aware of the rumors about how un-welcome we are in foriegn countries - have no intent (nor the need) to travel abroad ever - so who gives a crap - 'Are we at war? Are we winning?', is about all they care about otherwise. But they are not 'dumb' in any sense of the word - just have interest in other subjects.

7) So why didnt this guy go to a colledge that caters to those with interest in the subjects he was asking about, instead of a beach filled with surfers (also well known for their intellect in foreign affairs and geography) and tourists (who are already not comfortable and out of their 'element')? Deception and promote hatred for the sake of ausie entertainment - thats why - obviously.

8) ever hear of 'video editing' and 'voice overs'- too often they didnt show the question, but only the answers - screams 'edited' to me.

9) ever been on camera with out prior notice? - ever hear of stage freight? Many people, when asked to go on camera at last minute - freeze up - like stage frieght.

10) borat is funnier than this guy. Hell, anyone is. If it werent for the 'dumb americans' - he would not have had a segment to show now would he? He certianly wasnt the entertainment there. And it didnt seem like his arms were twisted too badly to come here to the US either. What a way to treat your hosts, expose the idiots and promote hatred. Yup - that sounds like superior intellect to me.

11) And finally - I also know many people too busy playing with all the toys they import/buy (and thus contributing to the saleries of those who hate us), to be bothered with knowing the things this guy was asking about. (see #7)

Maybe they're right - that *is* pretty dumb - contributing to the saleries of our enemy(ies) (we 'hate' enemies, not friends - right?? If we're gonna promote/escelate 'hatred' - the thread title alone does so IMO - well, it quite easily turns into a 2 way street)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  10. Sandok

Sandok New Member

You just ruined this thread... :(

11. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Well, after the first 3 times you kinda get tired of everyone shittin all of your country.

12. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Good, mission accomplished.

And I have to say... Im surprised a mod here would express such prejudice like you just did.
    I expected more than that from you Sandok. I expected more than that from a tech site. Was i wrong to? Or is that just another 'dumb' mistake by an american to have such high expectations from a tech site??

13. Sandok

Sandok New Member

You are a seasoned poster, I thought you'd understand the difference in between the offtopic and the politcal forums. I guess was mistaken.

And prejudice eh? Let's see what I've written in the offtopic section about this thread?

I fail to see any prejudice.

Again, sure I questioned the answers of some of the guys but if you can qualify this as prejudice, you gotta revise the definition of the word.

Again, I fail to see it.

So please Maddogg, before you go on flaming other people, first backup your claims and secondly, don't take things in the off-topic seriously. This is a free forum and people are allowed to have opinions. I mean, almost every forum member here makes fun of the french army and the french in general saying they are surrender monkeys, yet nobody finds that offensive do they? It all depends who is critizing who apparently :hmm:.

Anyways, either keep this thread clean and fun, as it was intended to be or make another gazillionth thread about America in the politcal debate forum, otherwise this thread might get closed.

14. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

I think that that it's quite pathetic how this thread has turned. I've just read the first two pages before the first post from Maddogg6 and there was no USA bashing whatsoever and comments were balanced. Now the humour (whether good or bad) from the video is lost and a random thread prematurely closed.

It is sad that due to USA bashing in some other threads and on the media in general, this thread has been killed uneccesarily by an over-sensitive US national who has taken everything out of perspetictive and out of context. Wasn't like a good quality thread or anything bit still a shame...

Rediculous

15. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I stand by my words...
    About a thread whos title alone promotes prejudice toward americans - you indicate has been 'ruined' - Its prejudice no matter how you slice it. We americans are well versed on what is considered 'prejudice' - the multitude of special interest groups (ie NAACP) makes sure of it.

I don't recall that thread. So I know you wont find any posts from me there. I know little about the french - other than they hate us as well.
    Not to mention you JUST again admitted to your prejudice, now against the french - and also admitting to fostering it as well.

Maybe a definition of 'flame' is in order as well??
    'Expecting more' is considered a 'flame' now huh? wtf - are we making this stuff up as we go along now too???
    I made my 'claim' above...

I don't for the most part, and yes, I CAN take a joke and can laugh at my self too - but I'm tired of the double standard that goes on so blatently - in that; its ok to poke fun publicly at (especially - white) america - but the other way around has a zero policy against it and would get sued faster than you can say 'its only a joke' - Like the Kramer guy from seinfeld - his 'fun' on stage - IN the context of humor - pretty much cost him what was left of his carreer because of 'over sensitive' people.

That clip is pathetic - and I already pointed out why.

Me - a 'national'? wrong - Im USA born and bred for 3 generations. Me - over sensitive? - then so are jewish, blacks, hispanics, asians etc ..... Im just looking for 'fair' thats all. I said similar stuff in defense of muslims too before. So Im not just 'sensitive' to anti-american sentiment fyi.

And... stopping prejudice is 'un-necessary' ?? - hmm... You wouldnt hold on to your $$$ for long here with that line of thinking - those special interest groups - would find you specially interesting.

Thats exactly what Im trying to stop - ignorant assumptions like this - derived from 'prejudice'.

edit: we 'look up' to honerable people like most people would do - crooked/questionable presidents are *respected* only from oblgations and pride for our country.

1 - prejudice is NOT a politcal issue - its a human issue - and
    2 - do you mean - if I continue to point out a mods propensity to prejudice - this thread will get closed?? Thats how it reads to me - I have NOT 1 time flamed or bashed ANY ONE.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  16. zaim

zaim Well-Known Member

You guys know that the guy playing the Prime Minister John Howard, isn't really him ye?

17. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I do agree as mush with Maddogg6 that I get tired of being grouped in the "Dumb, racist, gun toting American stereo-type".

Its like how bout I took the lowest 1% of people in your country who were dumb and ignorent as hell and told you that you were exactly like them because you share the same country and possibly the same religion.

I won't attack Sandok's rep because he brings some good reviews for the site but when ever he talks about Americans we are always grouped as one group instead of viewed as a multitude of cultures and beliefs. It doesn't hurt my feelings or anything like that but I would expect a mod to take consideration in his words.

If he would like me to go around the site finding quotes that show his disposition with the America and its people then I would have no problem doing so but I don't believe it is necessary at this point.

My main thing is that while it is fun every once in a while to pick on a country for what ever reason I do not aprove of America being a scapegoat for the World's problems and hammered down as complete retards again and again with each thread.

@Zaim- yes, I know

18. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

1) So... all ausies can recognize ALL the worlds politicians? - oh please... be real. I'd bet if I went to austrailia - and introduced my self as the PM of Canada Stephen Harper - I would find ausies that would beleive that too. Does that mean they are dumb - of course not.

2) Whats he known for?.... ignoring environmentalists pleas to reduce ausie coal exports. Is that the guy he claimed to be?? Seeing as how the news typically only covers 'dirt' - I would consider it a good thing that we are not aware of what he looks like. But its no indicator of intellect - just ignorance.
    You do know the difference - right?

3) falsely admitting to recognizing him can be seen as a courtesy to him (saving him from embarrassment in front of his own camera crew) - maybe an indicator of gullibility. More likely it was to save their own ego's from the embarrassment of admitting their ignorance on camera. But again.. not neccessarily an indicator of intellect. I don't believe thats unique to americans either.

4) impersonating a foriegn official - Im pretty sure is illegal, a federal offence Id think... He introduced himself as such...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  19. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Come on man, maybe that was a genuine question but there was not enough in there to imply that he thought all of America or mainly you did not know that.

20. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

His question implied (my??) ignorance. Because I was one of the latest posters - and he didnt address any one in aprticular - So, because I didnt touch on this point earlier - I simply continued with my points to that particular bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.