Will ATI Mobility Modder Die?

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by OneCool, Feb 20, 2010.

1. OneCool

OneCool New Member

Now that ATI supports almost 95% of the notebook makers out there.I guess the 10.3 leak is Spear Heading that so far...

It seems ATI has been talking with you guys (makers of the mod tool) and the mod tool just kinda broke right after ATI announced they were going to start supporting mobile video cards?Mod tool just quit working after 9.12 for me.

Was it because of the 5xxx mobile card launch?

Were you guys part of it?Did you give ATI some insight on how to support that many notebook makers?

Big Question.. Will Mobility Modder go the way of the DINO now?

2. Spartan 666

Spartan 666 New Member

I think that it has been a great tool, but since ATI seems to begin supporting Mobility...there is no more any need to use it!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

We have been discussing the 10.3 changes with ATI and thinking about the future of mobility modder. Essentially it will be down to how much the 5% really want it...

I have to say though, I am pleased to see ATI finally doing the mobility support right.

4. pissdrunx1987

pissdrunx1987 New Member

AW: Re: Will ATI Mobility Modder Die?

its sad to hear that. i testet the 10.3 leak and it didnt work that well for me. it installed fine but after an reboot i get some taskplanner failure message. this appears everytime and the system gets extremly slow. the only way to get it right was an systebackup from somedays ago and now i went back to 9.12+mobility modder and it works like a charm without any bugs.

so i think ati didn´t support it that nice like mobilty modder. we will see in the future, but i really hope for an future mobilitymodder. :w00t:

5. Spartan 666

Spartan 666 New Member

Re: AW: Re: Will ATI Mobility Modder Die?

Well, 10.3 is only an unofficial leaked beta, I think we can expect much more from the official release, and even more from future releases! :taste:

6. happyharrysco1

happyharrysco1 New Member

with only vista and win7 getting the mobility support i think there will still be a need for MM ;)

7. Spartan 666

Spartan 666 New Member

As long as there will be troglodites that still use XP.....yes! :rofl:

8. happyharrysco1

as long as their is *tards that use windows there will be a need for this type of software, all the mobilty based laptops that i admin have had up to date drivers from the getgo, of course they all use linux ;)

and also i suppose you've not heard of winxp mode for win7? the virtual machine? ;)

9. Spartan 666

Spartan 666 New Member

I have heard of that, but I have never been interested in testing it! ;)

Is it worth trying?

10. happyharrysco1

well it depends, unfortunately at work some of the proprietry software we use only runs on XP, and even the compatability mode in vista or 7 doesn't work so a winXP virtual machine is needed for those few who prefer to run windows on their laptops, and XP mode provides a free option for this instead of buying vmware licences, but most of them who use this software just run XP as a virtual machine in linux (wine doesn't work with the software either unfortunately :( ) because we use linux as their desktop OS so it gives them continuity.

for the home user the xp mode will be usefull for older games/software that wont run on 7, if you have anything like that then it will be usefull for you. if not then it wont. :D

11. OneCool

OneCool New Member

And whats the purpose for you come here and start bashing people about what OS they use?
    Go install Mass Effect 2 and play for a while and leave us alone.Oh thats right YOU CANT cause you use Linux :uhoh:
    When people game on their laptops theres ALOT of need for the lastest drivers that OEMs dont support.

12. Spartan 666

Spartan 666 New Member

Come on, I called troglodites the ones who still use XP, but that's for joke! :D

And it's also a paradox that a lot of people use a 8-years-old OS...it means that the developer hasn't worked very well lately!

13. wiak

wiak New Member

i dont think mobility modder will die that fast, heck there are still some companys like lenevo that has opted-out of the new mobility driver program, and dont forget there is still older drivers like pre-2000s series ;)

14. pwnzie

pwnzie New Member

That doesn't matter much since ATi gives manufacturers the possibility to opt-out and block driver installation on their laptops... and some already did it seems. Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens, lots of people with those..and how many others will say 'no' like them?