Will you vote for Hillary?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SFOSOK, Jan 24, 2007.

?

Vote for Hillary?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
  1. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

How will this make Hillary a good president? The country would be safer now if Clinton would have gone after Osama. He even said he should of gone after him. There was plenty of opportunites for Clinton to capture Osama. I'm blaming Clinton, it just there are many things that caused 9/11 and not killing or capturing Osama is one of them.

2. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

If she was shot dead I would be a very happy man. She's trying to ruin video games, she's a Clinton, and she's ugly... Not to mention a retard. Rudolf Guiliani all the way baby.

3. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

And you guys thought I was angry.

I say Arnold Schwarzenegger for president because he's a manly man.:D

4. calidan

No. He wasn't born here in the states and I don't think we should change that. There is a reason why we have that law in place.

5. Sandok

Sandok New Member

That way only rednecks can be presidents? :D

Jokes aside, what does it change? Your country is FOUNDED on immigration and religion... Personally, I find it contradictory to the creation of the US what you just said but meh :p

6. calidan

This was all including in the constitution.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...stitution#Clause_5:_Qualifications_for_office

Why change something that works just fine?

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well, "works all fine" is a matter of opinion...

8. AndyOCZ

AndyOCZ OCZ Technology Guru

Other than the "Clinton" part how does that differ from our current President?

9. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

hillary would be better then bush...but I think just barely

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

PJ remind me to not have any policitcal discussions with you. One of us would likely end up harming the other. :rofl:

But I agree with your current choise. Right now (two years away....) Giulliani is looking pretty good. But there is another guy that is considering running which I have hope for too; Congressman Ron Paul (R) from Texas. From what I know of him he sounds like a pretty excellent candidate.

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Funny how you USA guys (well most) are such hardcore extreme righties... :rofl:

12. calidan

So, if we don't support Hillary than we are considered to be on the extreme right? You must think that Hillary is a moderate.

13. Sandok

Sandok New Member

:lol: Course not... And dude, I didn't necessarily mean ya... Just a global feeling I have from some users in general (concerning more than just hilary and bush....)

14. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

None of the other forums I regularly visit allow religious or political discussion which is fine. Finding a semi mature forum to post on controversial topics is not easy. Thanks for allowing an open discussion here.

I think your are correct.
    I left a well known (mostly gaming) forum because the moderators would not tolerate a conservative viewpoint while espousing a liberal bias of their own. I was pointed to DH from a fellow ocforums member and found a more accepting attitude here. At least disagreements are somewhat civil and the mods and admins don't punish posters who do not think as they do...

As to political leanings, I'm not sure why there are so many conservatives here. I have a theory that (in general) gamers who play shooters are right wingers and those who play RGPs are left wingers. Highly technical people tend to not be so religious but are usually more well off so they want lower taxes. Not a textbook Democrat or Republican, but more of a Libertarian.

Hillary is such a polarizing figure that she is either hated vehemently or loved warmly. The same post about "would you vote for..." replacing Hillary with John Edwards for example would get hardly any notice at all.

15. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

No, it's just that on a global scale, all two of the major US political parties are right-wing. In Canada, we've got 4 parties with parlimentary seats, running across the political spectrum, with a disputably overall tendency towards being moderate, yet we don't have a single party as right-wing as either US party.

Yeah, it's good as long as people stick to the issues, and not to each other, otherwise it becomes pointless.

Personally, I probably wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton. I don't have anything against her, but her party doesn't seem particularly effective. Of the largest 4 parties, I'd probably vote libertarian.

16. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

For one shes on the EXTREME LEFT, IRL: She makes others from left in her
    party look "right wing" in compairison.

HORRABLE Things she said in front of our troops in iraq, is just for starters.

(Not to mention anyone remember the Whitewater scandal? or course they lacked
    evidence to prove any wrong doing)

I pray we have more canadates this year, so theres actually a good choice out
    there some where... vs chooseing a lesser of EVILs

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  17. OnDborder

OnDborder New Member

Can you imagine,, her vs. McCain? It'll be like Bubba vs. Dole. McCain won't have a chance.
    The republicans better come up with someone or else she will be our next prez.
    We really don't have "left" or "right" wing in politcs anymore. Did you notice the way our republican(rightwing) dominated congress voted in the last 12 yrs? There isn't any difference between the 2 parties anymore. They are both bought and paid for by the same corporate interests. Getting real close to becoming an oligarchy, if not one yet.

18. AndyOCZ

AndyOCZ OCZ Technology Guru

Finally somone coming from the middle, which is where most of America stands! The Extremists are in power now, but this will change. :D

19. jp306

jp306 New Member

I'll be voting for Rudolf Guiliani or John McCain and I'm hoping the one the loses his bid for the Nomination will run as the others Vice Presidential nominee. I hope Clinton is the nominee for her party though, because I think one of them will win if that's the case.

20. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Your broad generalizations and stereotyping are not only annoying but ignorant, please take it somewhere other than this thread. Maybe in the Flame Warzone.