Win 8 - Which Driver to download?

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by RemoKai, Jul 7, 2012.

1. RemoKai

RemoKai New Member

I use the DTS connect setting via coax/optical to get 5.1 to work properly with my X-FI Forte and receiver in both Win 7 and Win 8.

The problem is that Win 8 bluescreens on shutdown/restart with DTS Connect enabled using the 'standard azuentech drivers' which is what led me here.

I tried to install the latest W8 Creative X-FI beta drivers, but my card is not recognised.

So, excuse the noob question, but which driver version should I download for Win 8 x64 to keep the DTS connect function enabled without bluescreening in W8 during shutdown/restart?

Atm, I'm stuck using the onboard digitial out in Win 8 which only gives me stereo.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a work around for this issue?

Cheers :)

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you disable driver sign ? F8 then 7 try the test sets they should work :). I'll be working on them up coming week.

3. RemoKai

RemoKai New Member

Not yet mate - I'll give it a go now. Cheers :)

EDIT:

Tried the driver sign disabling, installed the Forte 4.75 drivers and so far, so good :D

It appears to be shutting down cleanly and restarting fine for the most part. (although I did get one Bluescreen on a restart).

Either way, it's working a shedload better than before.

Thanks Robert :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012