Win a CoolerMaster UCP 900W power supply!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pruffeel

pruffeel New Member

I need this power supply so that my gaming computer will actually turn on, and turn it from a vegetable to a system. It will actually go inside of my case and be connected, treated well, and the cables managed. It will allow me to play all the games I have, which I actually bought to play. I will also be able to buy and play Spore, which does not work on this old notebook PC. I also need it because I am not a liar and I'm not full of shit. Ninjas didn't kill my family, I'm not going to donate the power supply to kids in Africa, nor sell it on ebay, and I'm not going to cry if it never comes in the mail.

Edit (Background): Also, a 900 Watt power supply at > 88% efficiency will last me a long time and can be recycled for future systems, and if I ever get the money to upgrade I won't have to worry about power. I didn't buy everything but a power supply, the old one actually failed and I don't have any money left to purchase a power supply powerful enough to replace this since my school just started on Tuesday, September 2, and I actually have to pay for my own school tuition and books. I would like to spend some time on the weekends playing games. The computer is actually from January of 2007 and was built with the top of the line components at the time (2x 8800GTX, q6600, 4GB PC2-6400 2.1v, 6 HDD [2x500, 2x250, 2x80] and a watercooling system). I would like to successfully power this all and even overclock it. The power supply would bring back life to my system.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

i need this psu because the one i have is antiquated.

3. whozthisguy

whozthisguy New Member

I have been cast out, by my very own power supply. It decided it had enough of me, got red-hot mad, blew some hot air, and is now giving me the silent treatment.

So, here I am now, in a public library...I feel, homeless, abandonded, tossed away. Will all be forgiven? Will all be forgot? I think, maybe not. I must move on. Maybe one day I can find a new power supply and we can be happy together. To live the life I've always wanted to live. Maybe even one day, if everything works out between us, log onto WarHammer Online and create a couple characters together. Oh, such beautiful dreams...beautilful dreams...but how will I ever meet a new power supply? Look at me, I'm hideous. I'm in a library. On a public computer. Woe is me.

If I only knew of someone who could introduce me to a, hopefully not used, power supply. Saw a new one in town the other day, must of just moved here. Heard her name is CoolerMaster UCP 900w. Wow, what a name! Such lust the name alone creates! If only I knew of someone who knows CoolerMaster UCP 900w...say, is that my old buddy from way back sitting over there reading a Martha Stewart Living magazine? oh it is! -Hey DriverHeaven.net! How you doing man long time no see! You got a minute? Got a question I wanna ask you about that new hottie in town...

4. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I want to continue playing this awesome game called Folding@home. It's the best game for lazy gamers. You get good scores simply by doing nothing. It's as addictive as WOW and it takes money from your credit card every month, except that it's filled under electricity use on the power bill. I'm addicted to the game but I don't want to pay the subscription fee. The best solution is to get a CoolerMaster UCP 900W power supply because it's very efficient and it will lower my monthly subscription fee to Folding@home.

5. alextorex

alextorex New Member

I live with my grandpa in a haunted castle in Scotland. The problem is that often the power fluctuates and my rig reboots. The problem seems to be that the phantom drains energy from my power supply because only when she appears I have the reboots. I hope that a 900W power supply will solve my problem.
    P.S. : The phantom is a sexy girl and I really like her presence. I wanna show her how good I am at playing CS with my neighbors.

Now seriously....
    I found in the garbage a old Vodooo FX card, I have a genius idea to put it at good use. I am already working to adapt it to PCI Express. I ask all Driver Heaven members to donate me old Vodoo cards. I want to put them in 3 or more way SLI.
    All I need next is a powerful power supply like CoolerMaster UCP 900W because these cards are really power hungry.

Now really seriously...
    I am working at CERN, I devised a parallel algorithm that can analyze the flood of data coming from LHC collider. The implementation uses NVIDIA CUDA SDK.
    I need the power supply for the 3 Geforce 9800 GTX+ cards I use. Unfortunately I did not win the Asus contest to add the fourth card but If I win this contest I could afford to buy it from money saved for PSU upgrade.

As you all know The LHC experiment is very important. We want to find out if Higgs boson really exist, if more than 4 dimensions exist , if string theory is valid etc. The new physics discovered could lead to discoveries like anti-gravitation, time travel, faster than light travel. All those technologies depicted in games could become reality. But first I need this power supply.

P.S If the CoolerMaster UCP 900W power supply proves stable and efficient enough for taking part in this scientific experiment, I will recommend to CERN to purchase a huge number of them to power up our entire computing network grid.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  6. hayek

hayek New Member

The air was thick with the stench of ice ghouls. From the darkness beyond out poured wave after wave of them. My scabbard quivered in anticipation as I drew the Dawnsedge. The blade flickered, sparked, and then burst into crimson flames, and the underground rivers beneath us ran black with blood as I charged down endless flights of spiral stairs to find the black throne, where their chill master waited-

And then the air was thick with the stench of smouldering electronics and my apartment was covered in darkness. I guess it wasn't such a good idea to try Diablo 3 out on maximum-everything with that triple-SLI GTX 280 configuration on my QX9775 without upgrading the rest. Absolute power... requires an absolute PSU: CoolerMaster UCP.

7. alextorex

alextorex New Member

My parents annoy me with their complaints that the energy bill is too high. They threaten to expel me from the house. This power supply is more efficient and could help save my parents money. You will do a good deed if you give it to me because I promise to use it rarely at full load and this will contribute to fixing global warming. I have only one 8800 GTS card and don't play much because I work a lot and rarely have free time but when I play I want to have absolute best experience from gaming to compensate for the short time. I invest often in components and the PSU would allow me to upgrade to a SLI configuration.

What games I play? I usually play high rated shooters like most people I guess.
    I would like to play a shooter that has more humor. I am sick and tired of today shooters full of gore and dark themes. Why don't they make something like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam any more?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. 3.65 Kilos

3.65 Kilos New Member

I will use this PSU to help me play solitaire - because it's free.

9. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I need this PSU to cure cancer. With this awesome Coolermaster unit I can finally play the f@h game without fear of death by fire, electrocution or my electricity bill.

10. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I need this PSU to cure cancer. With this awesome Coolermaster unit I can finally play the f@h game without fear of death by fire, electrocution or my electricity bill.

With the money I'd save by not having to buy a new PSU, I could afford to buy a game of my choice. If I win with this post, I'll set up a suggestions thread.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  11. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

there's a reason this psu has "ULTIMATE" on the side.

12. Majin GeoDooD

Majin GeoDooD Well-Known Member

Only this PSU has the ULTIMATE power good enough for me to play Pong!

13. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Only the Ultimate power supply has the juice to keep me satisfied for years to come.
    Can't wait to try his power on games like Team Fortress 2, Titan Quest and Diablo 3 :)

14. masilli

masilli New Member

I need this PSU to supply my need for power! :D

15. alextorex

alextorex New Member

Hello from CERN! I have some news:
    I built a prototype computer case with active cooling using components from an air conditioner unit. This way I could greatly overclock my machine and improve performance of my CUDA program. What I am missing now is a powerful power supply to support the refrigeration engine. I did a temporary improvisation but I don't know how much it will hold.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  16. scurvy

scurvy So Cutesy Wootsy

Hey people, Iam making this up as I go along

Damn I need that kickass PSU
    Something to impress Mary Sue
    'Size Does Matter' her T-shirt says
    So does me Crysis, in its own ways.
    :)

17. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

i need the psu because i could do more than just play crysis.. i can live it.

18. ferdz_33

ferdz_33 New Member

this will power my new videocard, a Gainward 4850 Golden Sample, which I still cannot use because of my crappy 'generic' 500w power supply not giving it enough power. this PSU will let me play some of the best games of the past that I haven't played yet (because I'm just using an onboard videocard for quite a while now) and will also help me in crunch some FPS in current and upcoming games.

yes this will be an overkill on my current setup, but it will not be as soon as my friend hands me his 4870x2 upon his departure abroad. he got 2 of it and he's taking one with him, i'll still be paying for it though (in gives) :D

19. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

This Ultimate power supply has the capability to energize my life!
    Any spare power will be used to play TF2.

20. st3v3nhai

st3v3nhai New Member

This PSU could be the dreaming gift come true from heaven for playing Crysis, Starcraft II, World of Warcraft : Warth of the Lich King...Waiting for the lucky draw!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.