Win A NZXT Hades Case and More (US & Canada) @ HH

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by craig5320, Feb 26, 2010.

1. mizzer

mizzer New Member

1. Front panel wire harness. The motherboard manufacturers aren't giving it to us. Set a trend!

2. Teflon casters. Look, I can heft the computer out from under the desk but it sure is a lot easier with wheels. Thing is, larger casters add 2 inches + to the height of my already monstrous full tower case. That, and I don't need to move it around like R2-D2 mainly just back and forth. Gimme some smooth, durable bumps of teflon to help me get it where I want it.

3. eSATA connections. Standard. And if you're feeling ambitious USB 3.0 connections. And let me place them where I want them (in the back or in the front) via a movable panel.

4. Right side pads/protectors; removable. Or not. But make them useful when the tower is not on its side. I'm worried about scratching the side panel when working with the components. Make them recess into the case when not in use. Or not.

5. Removable face plate(s). Often, I like the insides but I hate the face of the cases. Let me choose the face. Or, let me change the face down the road when I want a different look. Door, no door, mesh, solid, lights, no lights, etc. From wild (them) to minimalist (me). Build an excellent body (cable management holes, plenty of fans/vents, solid frame, removable motherboard tray, etc.) and let me choose its personality.

Thanks for asking,
    mizzer

2. drydenmaker

drydenmaker New Member

The Top 5 features I'd like to see included in the next NZXT Case design are:

be toolless
    be silent
    wire conduit
    ready for water cooling
    built in firewall

3. eunoia

eunoia Member

1. eSATA
    2. dust filters
    3. SSD brackets
    4. flat black interior
    5. big fans

4. catwomun

catwomun New Member

The Top 5 features I'd like to see included in the next NZXT Case design are...
    1. Customizable LED colors
    2. Firewire port
    3. Thumbscrews...for EVERYTHING!
    4. More front USB ports
    5. Quiet fans

5. A Desire to Game

A Desire to Game HardwareHeaven Hoosier

The Top 5 features I'd like to see included in the next NZXT Case design are

1. USB 3.0 ports
    2. eSATA 3.0 ports
    3. 2.5" SSD Bracket
    4. Removable hot swap hard drive tray/cover on top like CM 692 Adv.
    5. Integrated LCD fan controller (like the one given away...so cool)

6. gazoomonkey

gazoomonkey New Member

first post ever! I hope i win!!..i need a Case..badly!! haha..any donations let me know;)
    OK..umm...1)side window..with option to close window..a rear small window..holy crap stick on signal lights too..ok...forget the signal lights..more option of looking in rather then removing the entire panel.
    2)dimmer light switch inside case(that doesnt create alot of heat)..my friends love showing off there motherboards, hardware..i have no idea since i have none to show off
    3)Space in the mini's for graphics card/motherboards..and cooling system on top(cooling seems to be a huge deal)
    Cable management should be standard
    4)Lights on the outside ive noticed seems to be LED solid blue or red fans that is quite peircing(on my friends)..yes we all have to sleep sometimes..this light can be cool ok really cool but bright and annoying..maybe an off switch or an option, dimmer switch,a cover, instead of black tape..haha..and why not different colours on the fans or LED lights dark purple would definately look haunting!!And very cool!!
    5)Removable trays..wow..my friends love em..ok..its seems pratical..as long its secure..

I think fan speed should be standard too..of course..as quite as possible..which im sure theyre working on..
    I love the idea of these doors..they can get in the way tho..not by the design of Nxzt Hades pic anyway..

$$$Be affordable but praticial..
    Ok keepin my finger and toes crossed..remember donations accepted..haha

7. mizzer

mizzer New Member

Ok, I didn't read anywhere about a post limit and I have some other thoughts. Some more conventional than others...

1. System monitoring software and LCD attachment. Don't make me buy a fancy, shmancy keyboard to monitor my VOIP software, FRAPS, and voltages, etc.. The guts of the system are in the case. Make it a feature of the case and *gasp* sell it, also, as a stand-alone product.

2. Hot swap hard drive bays that don't look like hot swap hard drive bays...they blend into the front of the case. All ninja-like. 'Nuff said.

3. Fans that I can remove...from the OUTSIDE! Power to harness on fan box -> fan cable plugs into harness. When they get dusty I can remove them quickly and easily (tool-less), clean them up, hold them tightly and tell them what a good jog they're doing, and put them back in. The case door won't even know I was there.

4. Ok, that's all I have for now. That's actually "8" features in case anyone's counting. Thanks.

8. Jasker01

Jasker01 New Member

1. Double side window
    2. E-Ink on the front
    3. Outside removable fans
    4. 2.5" Drive Bays or easily adaptable.
    5. Removal trays (HD and Mobo)

9. oh_fubar

oh_fubar New Member

I would like usb 3 in the top IO
    fan controllers
    Sound insulation
    more space behind the rear panel
    filters over all intake vents

good luck everyone!!

10. brainless_beginner

brainless_beginner is so brainless..

Îòâåò: Win A NZXT Hades Case and More (US & Canada) @ HH

1. Large metal not plastic fans 140+
    2. Front panel analog clock.
    3. Safe n Easy side panel removeable
    4. Enough room inside for distant hardware placement + improves convection
    5. Antistatic equipment included

Not a US/Canada resident unfortunately, but nevertheless...

11. eSp!s0

eSp!s0 New Member

AW: Win A NZXT Hades Case and More (US & Canada) @ HH

1. USB 3.0 Ports (downward compatible)
    2. eSata 3.0 ports (downward compatible?)
    3. 140mm fan installation possibilities only (140mm only cooling solution, downward compatible for 120mm?), pls no sidepanel fan
    4. a lot of internal space
    5. completly black painted interior

6. options for cable management
    7. easy/toolless hardware installation options, anti-vibration for HDDs and
    anti-vibration power supply installation place
    8. 3,5" to 2,5" adapters or sth. for installing SSDs
    9. dust filters for intake fan places
    10. (replaceable) fan controller, perhaps with some additional features like displaying time/temperatures or different modes for different automatic fan controlling

Edit: Sorry, I am not from USA or Canada :(

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  12. PruritusAni

PruritusAni Active Member

1. Controllable, good throughput, nearly silent Fans.
    2. Removable, washable filters.
    3. Cable management holes/ accessories.
    4. Ability to turn off LED, internal case lighting.
    5. Bottom mounted PSU, to allow the top of the case to house 3x120 radiator for water cooling.

13. SirMango

SirMango New Member

The Top 5 features (in addition to those already seen in NZXT cases, like cable management, tool-less installation, bottom mounted power supply, front top mounted USB/audio/power button, etc.) I'd like to see included in the next NZXT Case design are...

1. Anti-vibration feature for the hard drives
    2. More space between the motherboard and the top panel of the case
    3. Better design for the top fan intakes; the current one (one Beta EVO, etc.) is too crude and stuff can fall into it
    4. Silver design computer cases (instead of all black cases with black bezels)
    5. A mini tower computer case, i.e. a tower mATX case

14. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

My top 5 features:

1) Voice recognition activation system (able to recognize curse words)
    2) Kick plate power button (auxiliary unit to the G*d d**n VRAS above)
    3) Cup holder (preferably steel as the plastic ones on top don't last long)
    4) Chrome side rails (more than 10 inches deep to support my large feet)
    5) Self destruct button (I need to give my baseball bat a break.. no pun intended)

15. ironleg

ironleg New Member

the 5 things I think it should have is ;
    1)a remote to work with windows media center,
    2)removable motherboard tray with cutouts for cable management and access to the cpu without removing the motherboard.
    3) come equipped with water cooling setup installed or coolit`s
    Vantage A.L.C. and omni.

4)Good utilization of space to fit the new ati 5970`s with ease
    5)built in sensor in case with a readout of actual case temperatures

16. mizzer

mizzer New Member

Ok, my vanilla picks.

1. The case must be set up for cable management.
    2. Sound dampening is important. Rubber grommets for hard drives, quiet fans, etc.
    3. Tool-less.
    4. Roomy. And while you're at it please make space for water cooling. "Heat isolation zones" would be great!
    5. eSATA connectors.

Thanks!

17. Uxot

Uxot Active Member

1.Top quality design no cheap plastic
    2.removable motherboard tray
    3.more leds for fans!
    4.just a little bigger case for interior space
    5.more digital display in front very usefull

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Geee, only 5?

Okay.

1. Sound insulation on all outer panels, all drives shock mounted, (CD/DVD and HD) Fan & PSU mounting gaskets. Large Rubber feet (for noise and to allow airflow under the case.) This unt needs to be....... quiet!

2. 120mm fans, 2Xfront, 2Xtop, 2Xbottom and 1Xrear, all shock mounted as above...... not all need be installed dependent on system, unused fan locations should have optional sound blocking material inserts. 2X fan area at top should fit both fans and liquid cooler setups with plenty of clearance for large CPU coolers at the top of the MOBO. All fans need speed controls easily accessed from the front.

3. Sectional hard drive cage, center section can be removed or collapsed to fit 2.5 inch drives....... This also allows for mega long video cards in this area. (drives sit across the case for neater cable management and shorter profile)A separate SSD drive section could also be utilized.

4. Removable MOBO tray with numerous grommeted holes for any wiring scheme. Wire ties for tidying up the back side should be included.

5. Front panel ports for state of the art USB/ESATA, Firewire, and proper audio input/output jacks, both analog and digital, for flexible routing in a studio environment. Clean front lines, no alien space ships..... Think "pro sound studio gear " look.... in black or dark gray metallic.

:cool:

19. eondestiny

eondestiny New Member

1. Discrete fan controller for at last two front intake fans
    2. Cable management, front panel lines pre-run along the bottom edge
    3. Front intake filter accessible from the side of the exterior
    4. Sound dampening, materials on case panels and grommets for drives, etc.
    5. Isolated air zones, mainly power supply from HDs from CPU/GPU

Thanks, HardwareHeaven and NZXT!

20. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

1. Separate rack for graphics cards with riser cables from PCIe x16 (Allows for true compartmentalization of graphics cards).

2. Put separate compartments or cage at the bottom of the case for SSDs only so that you can use the hard drive cage for hard drives.

3. Minimalism is good. Stop designing cases that look like they should be in the Transformers movie. I have to admit, the cases do look good, but it's overused and getting old. Besides, minimalist cases are easier to mod (Look at the Cosmos).

4. Include both wheels and rubber feet with cases so the user can choose between the two.

5. I'd like to see more cases with the bar in the center of the case for mounting fans and/or stabilizing big graphics cards. Not to mention it does wonders for cable management.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post more suggestions, but if only 5 are allowed, only count my first 5.

6. Dust filters dust filters dust filters! Cannot put enough emphasis on how much cases these days need dust filters!

7. Have two doors. One for the mainboard/PSU area and one for the 5.25/3.5" drive bays area.

8. Cable-less design for door fans using contacts on the door and main case body.

9. Sturdy carrying handles at the top of the case.

10. Complimentary sticker of a fine scantily-clad woman to slap onto the side of the case and/or on the picture of your significant other on your honeymoon.