Win a PS4 from me

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

What if you have an address at HopShopGo where you pay shipping to a US address and the winner pays shipping from that US address to their home address?

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I just went and registered on the Hop Shop Go site but I don't know how it works, pm me please?

But I suppose that could definitely work.

Keep in mind PS4s are region locked though, you'd have to keep buying North American games.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

This alone would really bugger it up for a TON of people... which would make life even more misterable if they are a person that intends on using actual game discs rather than strictly download.

Plus i've seen a case a few months ago in which someone moved to canada from europe... that brought their PS4 with them.. and they were SOL when it came to buying games or even access some specific content not limited to games..... For example bluray movies that are region A only .... and wouldn't play on their region locked ps4.

4. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

Ahh... its been so long since I've been here! Got a FB message from Cal about this competition and I just saw it today..

Though I'm on break now so I actually do have plenty of time atm so I shall be around!

Anyways... gaming to me probably is the centerpiece of activity in my life now, with real life obligations bearing down onto me and all that, because it is my main source of interaction with people and how I spend time with friends both IRL and purely online. I don't have time to really go out and do things so whenever I get home, I just sit down in front of the computer and log into say... Final Fantasy XIV, where I spend most of my time online, talking with friends while studying etc. and actually doing content when I have free time.

Like Judas says, online games are PROBABLY going to be my best bet for finding a nice girlfriend LMAO!

While I play few games lately, I have made quite a number of friends across the years and to this day, keep in touch with them daily. For example... 5 years ago, I met a few very close friends of mine while playing a game called Dragon Nest, and from what started as a simple online meeting of a few like-minded individuals, turned into a happy bunch of people who fly out every year from Australia/Canada/East Coast USA to spend time with my local buddies and I, at Anime Expo for the last 3 years now!

Even after the convention finishes, we usually don't stop there and it winds up with 10 or more of us at my house, crammed up in my room or kitchen, all cooking together, or watching movies together, or laying out a bunch of consoles and playing together in the living room. The last time we did this even, a few of us actually decided to go on a trip to Disneyland and ended our last day at a buffet before we took everyone to the airport for their flights.

If I did not have online games in my life, or If I never took them as seriously as I did, I certainly would not have met such amazing people...

To me, the people online aren't 'just' people online, they are real and if you really want things to happen, they will.

[​IMG]
    Im the guy in the right bottom corner with the chicken shirt lol

So, I always look forward to meeting new people.

Of course there are some good and some bad... and some dangerous people online out of every number you meet, there are, of course, the same kinds of people potentially in your neighborhood as well. So just practice safety when meeting others for the first time!

In my case, this experience changed me for the better and they are some of my most treasured experiences

Tyrsonswood, IvanV and Calliers like this.
  5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I've never been to any kind of convension like that... and the likelihood of ever affording to go to disneyland.... never happening at this point in time.

6. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

i consider it a privilege of being young haha, Ill be doing my best to make sure I can keep having a bit of fun here and there as I get on in years to come

7. Calliers

Yes both games and blurays will have to be bought/imported in/from North America. Thanks for that Judas.

8. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

thats a pretty good warning for anyone overseas then, i know i wouldnt wanna deal with that nightmare lol

9. Calliers

Yeah so competition is now open to anyone overseas as well as long as they don't mind paying for shipping to them from the U.S. and they don't mind dealing with a region locked PS4 (though I still don't know how to use Hop Shop Go, would appreciate if someone would pm me with instructions)

10. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm still having loads of fun, and I'll be 67 in a few days. :)

Takaharu and Calliers like this.
  11. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Huzzah for the sponsor! ;) :)

12. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Didn't realise it was such a hassle with regions even for games. The Blu-Ray bit doesn't concern me, I already use my HTPC for that. Been thinking about getting a PS4 but just can't afford one. Won't for quite a while either since I have to replace the cam belt on my car, something that'll cost me 3 PS4's and get new tyres before summer. So, winning one would be awesome, even if I'd have to import games and/or download them.

And. I'm 48, still feel like I did when I was 16 and got my C=64 back in -83. Games never get boring! :)

13. Calliers

So where's your entry? :)

Ok, I feel bad that not everyone can enter so I'm gonna change things up a bit. Anyone on HH can enter, -but- you have to have more than 100 posts. I will buy the PS4 online and have it shipped to you.

As for the one I have I'm going to give it to my other little sister since she has been complaining I bought my other sister a PC and nothing for her lol.

So, enter away! May the best man (or woman) win.

Edit: This also means you will get a PS4 of your region because I will buy it at an online store in your region and have it shipped to you within your country.

Dyre Straits and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Kudos again. Calliers....

15. Calliers

Thanks, btw Ty, since you are a neutral party to this whole thing I hereby appoint you judge (with me of course). Together we will decide who wins. Look forward to working with you.

16. Tyrsonswood

Dammit! I should have kept my mouth shut...

Calliers likes this.
  17. Calliers

Hahahahahaha!!!

And you can't decline. Ok people, you can now blame more people than just me if you don't win the console. :D

Edit: Btw, IvanV is a judge too, so if he doesn't enter, you can blame his hiney as well. :p

And to those that have PS4's already, feel free to enter and re-gift the PS4 to a family member or friend if you win.

18. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Wow this has become an awesome and generous competition but in all honesty I already have one so discount my entry it was originally done in jest and I really think someone that does not have one deserves to win :)

good luck everyone

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  19. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Gaming has helped me cope with things. It has helped me through some tough times when I felt alone; half a world away from my family and friends. It was especially tough when my grandparents passed away while I was in New Zealand. I didn't have the time (uni) or money to go back home for the funeral and being with my family during this time. I couldn't be at the funeral of 2 of my grandparents which also makes it hard to get real closure. Playing some absorbing games has helped me by not thinking of it too much. Like they say; time heals all wounds... after a while I made peace with the fact I couldn't be there.

Gaming also gave me a way of keeping in contact with my friends that are still in Europe. Even though I have been away for such a long time we still play the occasional game and talk during it, which is probably why, when I went back for a visit, all my friendships were still as strong as the day I left.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

So ... If I enter I can get out of being a judge.... Hmmmm

IvanV and Calliers like this.