Win a set of Razer Mako Speakers on DH!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jan 16, 2009.

1. larissa

larissa New Member

Well i would like to see some Razer diapers for my coming kid,some condoms for him when he grows and then when he`s 20 he can shout to all the ladies: HEY! I AM A BORN GAMER ! FEEL FREE TO FRAG ME.

2. Dragonly

Dragonly New Member

Hmmm what about mens razers with then it rould be Razers Razers and they culd use the slogan " Razers because you dont want a itchy beard while gaming" though now that idea just sounds a lil silly.

Or they could just go into energy drinks and just sell massive cases for lan partys.

3. kman225

kman225 New Member

THey should go and enter the video game market, either by producing excellent games (and of course audios for the game) or producing their own console -- a bit ambitious but with a kick of solid sounds mght work.

So in my opinion video game market is the next best thing for Razer even if the competitiom might be tough.

All the best,

K

4. Dachande

Dachande New Member

I don't think there can be something entirely innovative to do for them, and since they are oriented on peripherals, not hardware parts.

So something in line with other neat little stuff, I would like to see some products which could keep our mices and keyboards clean, but also to keep that cool Razer look.
    Some nice see through covers for keyboards when not in use, and still with possible well known Razer sign on it, which could light up, when you turn the computer on.

Other things like PSU's, cases, and many other things could be welcome, but most gaming enthusiasts already have their loyal and established brand like Antec, Coolermaster, Corsair who they like and it would be hard to make a breakthrought in that area.
    But then again, you never know.

5. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

So I just won a 3GM contest. As the law of luck goes, I will not be winning this one! Oh well, I have another idea. I'd like a hub for a graphics port that takes a standard DVI connector as input, and has outputs of RCA(6 plug), S-Video, HDMI, VGA, and includes optical audio outputs as well as analogue.

6. Weirdomancer

Weirdomancer New Member

There is actually one thing that no one produces and I would really love to buy.

A head microphone —not a "headset", just the mic. A light and sleek product, possibly wireless, meant to be easily hung to the ear.
    Because if I had a high quality speakers set, eg Razer Mako, I surely would not use headphones to play sound-immersive games such as L4D or TF2, and no cheap consumer-level desktop microphone would perform flawlessly in such a sound-flooded environment!

7. Bigjee

Bigjee New Member

I would like to see some price drops by Razer on these speakers. Lets face it you can get a decent 5.1 home theater system for that much, at least here in Canada.
    Price cuts along with new products like a gaming monitor and I don't mean a run of the mill kind of monitor I mean something innovative like a high refresh rate. Or under 1ms response time.

LED back light monitors are also welcome rather than the usual CCFL ones.
    Oh and if you can get the back light bleeding to zero along with an even back light with no clouding that would be a hit for sure.

8. skylineaddict

But think about it, you have 300W RMS to 3 speakers. That's pretty much a downsized Logitech Z5500 with much better quality. I think with these speakers, you get what you pay for.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

Hm. Maybe Razer should make a decent gamepad. But other than this i don't think they really have to enter other segments.
    How they say, jack of all trades, master of none? Or something like that.
    Stick with what you do the best and improve that to perfection.
    Razer mice are already very popular among enthusiasts so don't dissapoint them :p

10. Mourgolikos

Mourgolikos Active Member

A smart Network Card from Razer!

I would like Razer to expand their gaming hardware with a Network card! A network card with smart optimization, such as max bandwidth for downloading/surfing or less latency and special packet management for gaming!
    It can be for both wired and wireless networks, which is ideal for lan parties :cool:
    A card designed with the style of Razer :cool:

11. SPtheALIEN

SPtheALIEN New Member

I would like Razer to make a workspace (desk/seating surface/screen stand) that can use the Razer components (like have a little spot where the Mako speakers can go) that also includes expandable options like multi-monitor mounts, a racing style chair that can recline, fans that move air around the computer area and the entire desk surface using the same texture as the Razer mousing surface.

12. buburuza76

buburuza76 HH member

Well, i would like to see Razer make some tires :rofl: ..i would by some for my car and then ...some custom sound system for the car with a cd/dvd player.That would be really nice.Go Razer go!

13. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

Cases would be awesome!! BUT, my GF would kill me cause im sure id fork over another 200-300 bucks on an awesome case!! Ive already got the Tarantula, Copperhead, Piranha, and the Destructor.... why not a freakin case!!!

14. Prodigys

Prodigys New Member

What product range/s would you like to see next from Razer?

I would like to see some high-end LCD screens from Razer...
    Then I'm talking about 22" to a range of 32" with the highest possible specifications.
    This all around PC's... Not for TV's...

A screen looking "Razer'like" with spec's like 32", 2ms response, 2560 x 1920 resolution.
    Maybe possible to also arrange a 21:9 serie's ?
    Besides the usual 16:9 formation you would keep all eyes on you with this formation...

Also like some users stated. Some Razer cases would be awsome.
    Looking simply and nice slick but very affective. I'm talking about placing the components (PSU, HDD's...) but also cable management.
    This is very poorly on some cases today.

Maybe a possible plan is to make comparable CPU coolers.
    These don't have to perform like the high-end coolers today, but think about it.

A Razer screen, speakers, headphones, mouse, case and a beautifull CPU cooler inside the case.
    This is what I call 'bling bling'...

(Ps: Piano black blinging paint would totally support the brand Razer.
    Integrate this to your screens, cases, and stuff, and it would be lovely.)

15. skylineaddict

One thing that I've noticed is that no one is really making screen-tables to use with Microsoft's touch thing (Don't know the name). Razor should make one of those but upscale it to the size of a typical work desk. It won't have too much practical application in the home, but some big businesses could use it for their CEOs who make 7 figures...

16. skylineaddict

Alright, so here's my idea (Worked hard at it for a while, taking in a lot of laws of physics and putting my limited knowledge of acoustics into it).

I wanted to send this in to Bose to see if it would actually work, but I have a better chance of winning the Razors than Bose listening to a crazy idiot like me. AND, since Razer is working in conjunction with THX, maybe this idea won't be as stupid as I imagine it to be.

Basically, you have 2 powered subwoofers firing into a chamber that houses 4 unpowered cones, making this a both closed, and ported subwoofer.

Now, I know it's not the most efficient way of incorporating them.. But don't burst my bubble! So yeah, back to the system. The two powered subwoofers fire into the chamber causing the unpowered cones to move along with them. Having 4 unpowered cones firing in all directions will allow for a very even distribution of soundwaves resulting in better surround sound bass should Razer decide to go full 5.1 or 7.1.

The chamber that houses the unpowered cones will have small holes. Why? I think equalizing the pressure will improve acoustics depending on altitude, since a high pressure zone will get less throw of the unpowered cones because the pressure outside the chamber will cause impediment of the movement of the cones. This could possibly also prevent damage because in a high altitude environment, the unpowered cones will be thrown a lot further, which may damage them.

This structure will be tall, but I think it can deliver better sound (I say think because I don't know how effective this will be). The low rumbles and hard thumps will be emitted through the ports, and the extreme fine detail in music and in movies can be produced by the unpowered cones.

Hopefully, this kind of system will be able to go to lower lows (Most home theater systems only go to 40hz, which I think is a little high considering most high quality headphones can go to 15 and sometimes 10hz) and can provide a smoother crossover to satellites because, in theory, it will be able to produce higher frequencies.

I will not stop doubting myself that this system is in no way efficient, but I just think it's really cool. I came up with it in Business Management class (Bore!) and it looks really good on paper. If only I had the materials at hand to put this through a physical test. Would be kinda nice if I did try it and it worked.

Well, hope you enjoyed reading this. I never intended to post it here, in fact, I never thought posting it until I posted my previous idea. It's nice to finally be able to share this little contraption :).

[​IMG]

17. jezabelomanta

jezabelomanta New Member

graphic card and LCD signet Razer logo

18. skylineaddict

Another speaker idea, this time, for a desk mounted product range.

Since Razer has made a 2.1 system, I'm sure they'll be willing to look into 2.2 systems because not everyone likes having a bulky subwoofer on the floor.

This is a stereo system mounted on a desk, about the same size as Altec Lansing's new line of 2.2 systems, but this one is better :).

So, here is what makes it better. Razor and THX with the Mako have an interesting idea of making sound bounce off a surface spreading it almost 360 degrees (Just talking of the satellites here). Here's my idea. Have basically the same idea in mind. The picture explains most of it, but here's the rest.

The entire system is divided into 4 separate chambers. One for the amplifier (Both the speakers will have an amplifier in it to provide the maximum wattage), one each for the tweeter, mid-range, and sub-woofer.

The cones (Which are badly drawn) hang over another aluminum cone that splits the audio from the tweeter and mids only, and sends them 270 degrees since the amplifier will be taking up most of the back end of the system.

Since these will be small, an unported subwoofer will not be able to provide the sheer force that a ported one could, so this one will be ported.

The subwoofer will be a 4 inch long throw, 2.5 inch mid-range, and a 1 inch tweeter. The range will be from 20hz to 20khz.

Sorry about drawing these out, but I can't really explain how they work without illustrating them :\.

[​IMG]

19. skylineaddict

I'd like to see an OLED gaming keyboard by Razor. The only one on the market right now isn't really built for gaming, it's just made for ease of access in normal web browsing or business.

20. hidetada

hidetada New Member

i want to see razer make lcd monitors... ^^