Win an Asus 260GTX Matrix @ DH !

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

I feel ASUS should give me the ENGTX260 Matrix so that I may truly experience all that can be accomplished when a company allows their designers and engineers to develop technology without restraint!

2. BosniaDream

BosniaDream New Member

Asus should give me the 260GTX Matrix because I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina which is so poor country, I will be able to buy this card in 2063 year when this card will cost me 20 $. Who cares about us here, God bless Asus and this site, they give me a hope for this card.
    Best Regards to God, Asus and Driverheaven.net

3. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

ASUS should grant me this card because my BFG GTX 285's were shipped with the wrong bios. they are superclocked, and unstable. i have lost all hope of playing crysis, and fallout 3 because every time i get to playing, they crash, and sometimes corrupt windows files while updating. and every time i try to call them, i wind up waiting for 30 minutes, get frustrated, and hang up. so far i have replaced my ram(just in case), formatted hd/install vista 2 times, clean installed gpu drivers(countless times),restarted from the beginning fallout 3(lost all save data) 2 times and crysis 3. i never should have strayed from ASUS.

4. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

Why do I feel Asus should give me this card?

[​IMG]

Ha!

Just kidding.

5. sof2finchy

sof2finchy New Member

I should win the Asus 260GTX Matrix so that I can play Call of Duty 4 at higher resolutions, and help cure diseases with Folding@Home.

I have my priorities just right.

6. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 New Member

While looking for another contest for pc components I stumbled onto the thread on DH through google. As luck would have it, I found one great giveaway competition! A 260 GTX, and one from ASUS no less! Needless to say, I dropped everything and signed up on DH immediately.

To cut to the chase, I sincerely wish ASUS would give me one of these awesome cards because I am a true, die hard technology geek and an ASUS fanboy through and through. I've been using my current computer, an ASUS z81sp desktop replacement, for over three years (having saved up and built it in high school). This great, reliable laptop has made me a true believer in the quality of ASUS products.

Also, as a graphic design student building his next computer, I know a good pc goes a long way. More importantly, I know a good pc is built on good components. It's also worth saying that I've been planning a new pc for about a year now and still happen to be searching for funds (college seems to chip away at my money much faster than I can earn it :tears:). A new, high-end video card like the ASUS ROG ENGTX260 would go a very, very long way towards helping me make my build a reality.

7. eyvind.niklasson

eyvind.niklasson New Member

I feel that Asus should let me have this awesome card. True, I have an OK rig (8800GT, E6700), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't benefit immensely from receiving this card. I read a few reviews on it and all of them showed what a high level of performance this card gives. After these reviews, I was sold through and through... Now if only i had money to buy it :p

Right now I am working on (and gaming on) a 2 year old PC. I live in Cambodia, so good quality parts are Extremely hard to come by. Out of several (expensive) motherboards at a computer store, the Asus P5W DH (Driver Heaven :p) deluxe immediately caught my eye. With all its features and capabilites, this motherboard was a true icon of Asus' rock solid stability and wonderful features. I am still using it. To build this computer I saved up pocket money for almost 6 years. I am starting high school next year. I am very happy with my current computer, but I would be even happier if i received this GFX card. I am planning to buy a new motherboard soon, and without a doubt its going to be an Asus :)

The graphics card i have now is an 8800GT. I had to ship it to a friend in the US, who was just about to visit Cambodia. This was very complicated. I would be terribly happy if I received a GTX 260 from Asus. Right now the 8800GT I have is not very fast (its about average) and is starting to struggle with newer games. The one I received has no fan control, so my computer sounds like a hurricane because of the card. There is no opportunity to return it, as this would mean shipping it back to the reseller in the US. This would mean not being able to use my computer, and I really need it for school work.

In maybe two years, I could buy this wonderful card here (although it would be far overpriced). Even if I had enough money then to buy it, I would decide not to. This is because components I have bought here are worthless. Many of them are knockoff chinese copies, and those that are real are most likely defective (and purchased cheaply from the producer). Let me give you an example: I bought 3 (yes, three!) 8600s two years ago. The longest any of the lasted was 6 months. The last one I bought was actually factory under-clocked. Another one had a defective fan, which stopped spinning. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. It would be incredibly refreshing to receive a product I know will guaranteed work for several years because it has been manufactured by Asus. It would be great if some of the Asus goodness reached all the way here. Some of you might not even know where Cambodia lies.

As an added plus, the power saving feature of the card would be very welcome. I care about the environment. The graphics card is one of the most power consuming piece of hardware in a computer. If its energy consumption could be minimized it would not only save on the power bill, but also on the emissions created when the energy is produced. This is quite a large problem here in Cambodia, since all electricity is produced on diesel generators (and is very expensive also).

Cooling is also very important here, since temperatures during the day (all year round), average at around 35 - 40 degrees. I am constantly worried about components overheating, and a dual fan graphics card would greatly put my mind at ease.

Even the color of the card would fit in perfectly with my case. I have an Antec 1200 case, which is black on the inside and the oustide. Even my DVD drive is black. A black graphics card would fit in beautifully with everything else. Black is the color of dark, rock solid stability.

All in all, if i received this GTX 260, it would be a dream come true. Right now, there is no way I could afford to buy this card. Please, Asus, help me perfect my computer. May the person in most need win :)

Thanks,
    Eyvind

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  8. naveen86

naveen86 New Member

Imagine life without ASUS!!!

NO OVERCLOCKING.....
    NO GAMING......
    CPU'S AT STOCK SPEEDS....
    NO NEED OF 3DMARK...
    NO NEED OF CPU-Z....
    BLA BLA....

OVERALL IT'S LIFE WITHOUT FUN..

So,don't you all think that you are blessed coz ASUS is here....
    Also,i've came up with a new slogan for them
    ASUS ---"WE MADE COMPUTERS BETTER"

They should give me this card coz i don't wanna live a boring life,i wanna play games n have fun in my life..
    Also,i've game them a new slogan isn't that amazing!!!

9. Airitech

Airitech New Member

Why should i win ?

I dont know, maybe becaurse its my turn to get Lucky :D.
    I have used Asus components almost as long as i can remember,
    My first Pc was based on a asus P2B ( it was running til last year),
    I then had a litle flirt whit Epox ( lasted about a year then it died).
    I have since been faithfull to asus.
    The next system in the line was based on a asus p4p800 deluxe, whit a asus ati x850 xt pe ( still running).
    this was followed by a Asus P5GD2 Deluxe (still running).
    and now i am running my latest system on a asus striker2 extreme, this system would do well whit a asus 260 gtx Matrix card on it.

10. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Asus should give the card to me because AStute USers know their products are the best!

:D

11. farisfitri2303

farisfitri2303 New Member

asus should give me the gtx260 matrix as i need it to enter the matrix

12. bizkit.levi

bizkit.levi New Member

ASUS should give me this card because i keep giving ASUS my money for different products so from to time i deserve a prize from them :)

13. k7leafclover

k7leafclover New Member

Why do I feel Asus should give me this card?

So I may run folding@home on it and help researchers find cures for diseases which afflict our loved ones.

14. Mourgolikos

Mourgolikos Active Member

Asus should give the 260 Matrix to me because i want to see in MY monitor the full glory of the famous Crysis!

15. naveen86

naveen86 New Member

[​IMG]

PLEASE ASUS GIVE ME THIS CARD COZ IT WOULD BE LIKE MY DREAM COME TRUE......

16. JMMD

JMMD New Member

ASUS should give me this card so I can finally see what games are really supposed to look like. I'm tired of low resolution and low effect settings in games.

17. eyvind.niklasson

eyvind.niklasson New Member

EDIT: Nvm - read previous entry

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  18. creator1

creator1 New Member

ASUS (pronounced "eh zeus") should give me this card because i want prove it really is faster since im running overclocked evgaGTX260Core216 with my own modded bios setting 3d to 1.18v using nibitor and best i can achieve on air cooled antec sonata 1 case with evga card is 3dhigh-648,1397,1242,1.18 (rivatuner reported actual 648,1404,1242) , gpuz=139.1gbsec, i played fallout3 and mirrors edge flawlessly but i had to limit my antialising to half and with crappy onboard realtek sound only outputting 2ch stereo and NO sound effects to my 7.1 stereo because realtekHD audio cant do dolby live or eax5 out digital coax cable, so with ASUS 260GTX Matrix running up to 21% faster while slowing down in 2d making it quieter, id like to play those games again on my 28" 1920x1200 3ms iinc lcd with all graphic settings at MAX, i also have on order to receive mid next week an ASUS xonar d1 and 10ft toslink cable to connect to my 7.1 pioneer with polk speakers, if i can play those games again (especially Fallout 3 with 3 new download packs i havent gotten yet) i could crank full 7.1 ASUS Xonar gs effects volume up and ASUS 260GTX Matrix graphics to max and beat everyones online run time for every level of Mirrors Edge and kill every chineese snow zombie, space man, crazy robot, mutant dog and maybe even blowup megaton this time instead of rescuing it just to hear and SEE what nuking whole city in full HIGH DEF is really like then i can scale this card speed back and run it in SLI with evga card on new ASUS motherboard when i update this computer to intel i5 core with windows 7 next year (unless they give me 2 of these cards now then ill have reason to upgrade my gigabyte with intel e6750 to dual pcie slot ASUS motherboard that supports massive overclocking with intel i7 now because i could afford it with 2 free graphic cards earlier than next year), so will ASUS and Driverheaven help me truly enjoy cold winter months coming up and replaying best games ever or do i have go outside and walk my dog for fun instead?

19. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

Asus should give me the card because my current gpu is a 9800pro on AGP, the card will be a catalyst for a new rig not to mention it will totally redefine my gaming experience which i believe is what Asus is all about.

20. naveen86

naveen86 New Member

Let me elaborate the expanded form of ASUS it's AS YOU WISH.....

ASUS should give me this card coz it's my wish to have this Card.
    So,please make my wish come true...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.