Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Asus have decided to give away one amazing GTX 275 graphics card to a lucky DriverHeaven reader. All you have to do is enter in our forum and you could be drawn to get this sexy card for your next system upgrade. Read our competition page for the full entry rules.

Read over here on how to enter

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

I would like to see more ram, more insane OC'ing and more innovative cooling of future Asus cards ;)

3. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

What I would like to see from future Asus videocards is simple software voltage/fan control. Not just basic set voltage @ ___ amount or fan speed @ 50%. But profiles. The ability to make the voltage imcrease while in 3D mode. And with the fan speed, have quiet & performance profiles.

4. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

I would like to see more elaborate coolers. Maybe a fan dial on the back.

5. clanman

clanman New Member

I would like to see future Asus cards with a new interface instead of Catalyst Control Center. Something which has more options, is better laid out, and less clunky.

6. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

I would like to see a special edition watercooled GTX 275 SLI Kit :D

7. Bevoo

Bevoo New Member

I would like to see future Asus cards with better cooling systems and more memory.

8. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Active Member

future feature on the asus card.

I would love to see a more customized cooler that can cool the cards better and at the same time takes up less space.

A hybrid of heatpipe and active cooling would be nice as well. Like in desktop, completely silent cooling and on 3D, fan kicks in.

HDMI port would have been nice on the card.

Not a feature on the physical card but Asus's service. A some sort of advance RMA would be nice that Asus can send the replacement card first and customer send the card after they get the replacmenet card.

9. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I think that Asus should put it's not inconsiderable expertise to use by moving further away from reference designs. Whether it be with new dual GPU designs in the high end or more innovative and distinctive products such as their silent 9600GT for the mid range, Asus is one of the best placed companies to fill these nieches.

10. imagination

imagination HH HH HH :)

I would like to see a more efficient cooling system and single slot, more important - silent and perfomant cooling, more memory, hdmi port would be nice and improved software that comes with the card, a much better control of the "clocks".

maybe different colors of pcb would be interesting.

anyway it would be in the future, you guys from Asus are doing a great job.Thanks.

11. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Asus is in a rare position as a producer of high end laptops, high end motherboards and hign end graphics cards. I would like to see Asus put this to use by producing notebooks with graphics cards that can be upgraded as easily as those in a desktop PC. Notebooks fall considerably behind desktop PCs for both performance and upgradeability, but Asus is in an ideal position to be the exception to the rule.

12. mac_angel

mac_angel New Member

I would like to see the Asus Xonar built into some of the graphics cards and have an HDMI output so we can get fully uncompressed audio with blueray titles

13. Majin GeoDooD

Majin GeoDooD Well-Known Member

I would like to see Asus offer more memory, a dedicated HDMI output, and a better/quieter cooling solution. I would buy a different brand of video card immediately if I knew I didn't have to go out and buy an aftermarket cooler!

14. lepel

lepel New Member

The thing I would desire most for the new cards is a great cooling system, especially for the top of the range gaming cards. A cooling system that reduces heat to a minimum, ensuring a long lifespan for the hardware, while being ultra silent at the same time.

The reason? Because a great cooling system gives enthousiasts plenty of headroom for overclocking and regular users a cool card with absolute silent operation.

I'd like to see Asus continue developing and refining the 'Hybrid Cooler'-system they used on the ati 4870, so that we can see it implemented on more of their cards.

PS: Thanks Asus and Driverheaven for this 'cool' competition. ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  15. x.clay

x.clay New Member

I would like to see Asus use DDR5 memory instead of the DDR3 memory that typically comes on Nvidia cards. ATI has adopted this on their high end cards and I think it would be great for Asus to lead the pack with faster RAM in the nvidia camp. Combine a gig of DDR5 with a factory OC'ed card and you would hear games begging for mercy.

16. topbob

topbob New Member

More performance at less cost. Plain and simple, but it gets me to buy the card ;)
    Oh and it needs HDMI.

17. x.clay

x.clay New Member

I would like to see ASUS use a TEC cooling system (thermoelectric/peltier cooler) on their high end cards. Video cards get so much hotter than your CPU so it seems like a good application for this setup. During normal 2D work a heatsink and silent fan would keep the card cool. When gaming the GPU core would heat up and the TEC cooler would turn on to compensate for the additional heat.

18. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

I would like to see Asus using a quality thermal paste on it's graphics chips. Too often we see graphic cards makers using a thick goop which is not efficient at all. It would be nice if Asus used a good enthusiasts brand.

19. animefanxxx

animefanxxx New Member

- Use DRR 5 technology
    - Keep improving the noise reduction in the Fan
    - Lower the prices

Thanks ASUS and DriverHeaven !!!

20. x.clay

x.clay New Member

I would like to see ASUS make some really energy efficient cards by improving the hardware and by providing software could automatically adjust the core and memory clock based on the application.