Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Remus09

Remus09 New Member

Well first, Id like to see some better stock heatsinks on these cards. Some good thermal paste would be good too.

More colorful cards would look awesome. Get creative with the graphics!

Id also like to see higher GDDR on the cards; introduce some 3 and 4 gig cards. Spice up the market a bit.

As for the laptops...if you can make them have the great quality of the alienware gaming laptops but then have them cheap like dell laptops, then you will attract a lot of people. You can still have the high end laptops for those of us who really enjoy a great system!:w00t:

2. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

Lots of very fast memory.

Something interesting would be an integrated hardware video encoder that can take as input what the card is outputting to the two DVI outputs. It would be nice to be able to record gameplay videos at the gaming resolution and refresh rate used. It would be better than software solutions.

3. Resistor

Resistor Get it Going..

I will definitely like to see an in built sound card such as Xonar STX quality in the Graphic card so it can be use via HDMI.

In addition, better cooling and faster memory will be a big bonus.

4. Rahazan

Rahazan New Member

I would like to see the possibility to choose the card, the chip and the cooling you like. This way you can pick the card and cooling which fits best in your case and budget.

5. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

I think it would be interesting for companies like ASUS to release their own software with the video card. This software could include such things like an overclocker (though be sure that everybody knows the risks of overclocking), temperature monitoring software, fan speed, or just things that are interesting to fiddle with in video cards. Everyone knows that upon receiving the card, people just chuck the CD anyway because the drivers on them are incredibly out of date, so why not put the CD to some good use? It could even stimulate more competition, and the best things always come through stiff competition. ;)

6. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

This can be a feature for the hardcore enthusiast. Have a small OLED display attached to the side of video cards that shows exactly what THAT video card is rendering so we can see the workings of SLI or Crossfire. I think it will look pretty cool for Crossfire since ATI has much fancier stuff for rendering with multiple GPUs.

7. skylineaddict

ASUS should put a heatspreader on GPU's, and make direct-touch heatpipe coolers to make thermal efficiency much better.

8. skylineaddict

I've noticed that memory chips on video cards are often overlooked in terms of cooling, which generally leads to the chips being the hottest parts on most video cards. I suggest that more effective transfer mediums be used instead of thermally inefficient 3M double sided tape. Thin copper blocks or sheets attached with epoxy would do a much better job than the double sided tape.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  9. skylineaddict

ASUS should include a recycling ticket with all their video cards. If you blow a card or if they become unbearably outdated, ASUS can offer a small amount of money to take the cards back and recycle them. I don't know if this is something you can put on a card, but it's definitely a thing that ASUS should consider, that should not only help build loyalty to their company, but it can show ASUS's care for mother earth.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  10. kooldude.4141

kooldude.4141 New Member

i wanted to buy an asus motherboard, and graphic card.But since i had 8 projects pending i had to go for a crappy hp a6530in.Since i live in India and i have less knowledge of pc prices and quality(though i saw many people using asus motherboard and my friends to told me to but asus,m previous pc had an asus motherboard) here in India i hardly can find an asus gpu!
    I had a limited bufget(ofcourse after i spend 25+ just for cpu without ne graphic card and just 2ghz of power, and without monitor)i had to go for nvidia 8400GS!!
    My plan is to but a good asus motherboard(since tehy are good for overclocking, i hope hp doesnt mind i hav currently an hp made msi mobo,i dun kno its name though!)
    after browsing net for several days, joining many competitions i said why not one more(previously i registered mostly everywhere but my luck aren't with me since much time).What can i say. i just wanted to have this card(if i dont win then too i will be savng money to buy an asus gpu, have collected 5k so far!
    thanks for this competitio,i still have hope i may win this time!
    If i win i will be thankful as i am not rich to buy cpu and graphic cards every month as others do!
    Anyways thanks for this competition.

11. crlorentzen

crlorentzen New Member

Geforce GTX275...excellent!!!

12. Nobiewan

Nobiewan New Member

I would like a 2-d (or simple 3d) low power desktop mode for doing simple e-mail, office software type stuff that one would be able to choose via software with a single click/toggle button. This technology exists already for Nvidia cards with the right motherboard to use the built in graphics or the add-in PCI-E graphics card. The ability to advertise this capability on the box I am sure would allow the secret gamer part in grown adults to justify an expensive card to to the non-gamer believer spouse. "but honey, it can play card games, do office work in low-power mode or play that cool new game I've been reading about!," It would also help the "green" image of being able to scale back power use for when you don't need it.

Just a rough idea for the mix.

13. ColonelCain

ColonelCain New Member

I would like to see the following:
    1) In-depth, and comprehensive OC'ing program, on the level of EVGA's x58 mobo E-LEET utility.
    2) Possibly, the option to pay a small premium for higher binned GPU's?
    3) More New-To-Industry features, that are truly innovative, and groundbreaking.
    4) A "Step-up" like program; except, you send in your "older" videocard, for a fair price, and recieve credit to your choice of a major e-tailer for a new one.

I REALLY liked the direction that ASUS was moving towards with their prototype non-reference HD 4890 board. If that were to have actually seen the light of day, I would have most certainly purchased it.

14. Satans Arse

Satans Arse Dreams Of Sleep

I would like graphics cards sold with no cooling, so I can fit, generally better, after market cooling.

15. SeenBean

SeenBean Guys... I did something!

Another thing I'd like to see is how this card works with my favorite games :D

16. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

I think it would also be interesting to do some research on a surface material that heatsinks could be coated with that finds a balance between heat dissipation and repelling dust. Sort of like a very smooth coating that would not allow dust to stick. It would be extrememly helpful for people who spend little time as possible cleaning inside their rigs (and for those whose cases lack filters).

17. Rehaan

Rehaan New Member

i would like to see two GPUs!! the main idea is to use only one GPU at a time, means, when one GPU gets heated then it should toggle to second GPU stopping first GPU completely and giving it time to cool down, and when first GPU cools then second should stop and so on......!! this will help to decrease the level of heated to a great amount!!

18. _TDK_

_TDK_ New Member

Just complementing some features. I have already posted the following:

-Asus EPU!
    - 8+1 Phase Power on good OC potential cards
    - A tweaker that helps the "freak" users to overclock the card easier
    - An Insane Cooling System (to overclocked cards with8mm heatpipes) and
    a Fanless Cooling System (to people who want low (or 0) noise cards)
    - It would be nice to see on some "special editions" with an "OC buttom" (people who want some "nitrous" on the card, but dont know how to ovverclock. Just pressing a button). Just an idea! [​IMG]
    - Another great feature is a voltimeter led (to warn the overclockers about the voltage of the card. If it's too high or too low...)"

Looking here, i think this following features would be great to see on next cards too:

- Some Cards today are huge. Some of them with more than 27~28cm... What about make "Mini" Graphic cards? Like Mini-ATX Moatheboards... Would be great to some guys that have small storages. ^^

- More quantity of memory (GTX275 for example. An Edition with 1375MB of memory, for example! ^^)

- Software that helps to overclock the card. But a very complete one. One that give you the chance to increase not only the frequency, but the vcore, change the speed of the fan, and etc...)

- Some special editions with reduced [FONT=verdana,geneva]Power Consumption[/FONT]. Like a "Economic" Card. We have to think about the energy too, right? ^^

- How about change the 2x6pin energy connector (used by some cards) to 8pin!? Is it possibe? If it is, why not? ^^

- 2 voltage controllers (to a better voltage regulation)

-

I think this is it! In my opinion, some of them are good features to think about putting on some cards! I tried not to think about only TOP Cards, but about Low-End, special editions and etc... ;)

I hope Asus use at least one of them! :D

Thanks! ^^

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  19. nyar

nyar 99fps

I would like a proper application for overclocking, editing graphic options, and setting game profiles that does not integrate itself into windows like CCC and does not eat memory and does not have bloat like ad filtering or other crap. Something like ATT.

20. beesage

beesage New Member

OK guys, this is what u need to do, i am giving you the ultimate gift in passing this information over...so here goes, (i really want that card) :drool: Build a Fan that cools the WHOLE INSIDE of the case onto the video card, YES, i have 4 fans going at the moment, and would still like cooler running temps, so, build a ULTRA AWESOME fan (preferably quiet) onto the video card , and design it in a way so it works with most motherboards, cooling the whole system down, NOT only the video card, circulating the air flow throughout the whole case, you could even design flexible hoses/pipes, connectable wind tunnels, to direct the cooling where ever you think it starts getting too hot, for example the north bridge maybe getting too hot, deliver some cooling to that section, this would need more power you say, well now you have the additional cooling, you can disable / disconnect all the other fans you don't need (saving power), you could also incorperate a power efficient fan (re-design pcb /components / add software to get the fan to operate at different voltages, BUT..if you don't mind a chuncky system, and go for those 800watt deluxe PSUs, hell, keep all the fans you want going ( Everyone gaming enthusiast would more than likely do this) and have a VERY KOOL SYSTEM !! - this is what you guys need to do, don't be selfish, think about all the other hardware, and let this KOOL :cool: card help them also reach their peak, Serious , this will work, i'm not going into the tech aspects, let those amazingly gifted engineers do that, i'm thinking basic / practical, mix the two, tech with basic / prac, design something like this, and you will be the market leader !!
    Brendan Sage.

Last edited: May 12, 2009