Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. artchildaug

artchildaug New Member

- Do away with reference cooler(s).
    - Single slot yet efficient and silent cooler is a really big plus. Change the trend,because recently the high-end cards are huge.
    - HDMI is a must.
    - DDR5 on the NVidia Cards.
    - Overclocking switch that should be more advanced than that of Palit. The Palit HD4870 switch is worthless.
    - Find a way to lessen power consumption without sacrificing the performance. Be the lowest in power consumption in terms of video cards.
    - I don't know it this is possible or even legal, but I just want to see say for example a GTX 275 card paired up with an HD 4870 card. Call it the true hybrid cf-sli. CUDA, PhySX, and lots of Stream Processors with DDR5.
    - I have never seen a video card with LED. Could be a nice mod.
    - Excellent cards with excellent prices. That will take away the competition.

2. DIONightmare

DIONightmare New Member

I'd like to see more non-reference ASUS cards - let others make super-cheap, there're enough of these already.
    By non-reference I mean not just custom PCB layout for the sake of changes but some really interesting features like support of software voltmod, hardware bios backup, advanced thermo sensors (in different places - not just standard vague "gpu" and "memory") and more stable power supply for best overclocking. if that raises power consumption - let it be.
    No need for "green" cards in high-perfomance sector where hardware prices are so high in comparison with electricity.

And better cooling, of course! Dual slot, triple slot systems - whatever, but they'd better be effective and quiet. Options for liquid cooling is a must, at least for some cards.

Bundled stuff doesn't matter - just include all needed connectors and make package strong for protection of it's precious content.

That's pretty much everything I want from my videocards for the next computer.

3. Rehaan

Rehaan New Member

what if they make a graphics card which can also use a second PCI-Express slot........!!!???? i think that would be really helpful for bandwidth hungry games and applications!!

4. Slackin

Slackin New Member

I would like to see a utility similar to a PC's main bios or what you currently have for your Motherboards such as Express Gate. Where at computer start up you can press a key and get into basic settings for OC/UC, Fan Settings, troubleshooting.

Keep up the Great work, been Buyin' Asus Mobo and products since 92' and they've always been the best

5. Slackin

Slackin New Member

What future features would you like to see on forthcoming Asus video cards?

1.) Being a gamer in a house full of pets, I would like to see better features for Air cleaning, Currently using even a brush and Air can can't get into some spots under the plastic housing covering the heatpipes

On Cards With Fan's it would be Ideal to have a hinge release to get under the plastic cover to make it more easy to remove dust.

2.) You could always add external connectors for add on devices on the opposite side that plugs into the motherboards. This could be used for future things such as adding another fan covering Crossfire/SLI Mode Section (Important for M3a78 owners whose temp sensor is directly under our video cards) or Led panels Since Everyone and their mother likes to add custom messages and show off their cases at lan events.

3.)Being a Asus fan since '92 the best thing I admired first about the company was how upgradeable, durable and dependable the motherboards construction was. For your video card line its obvious you've got that in mind with your extra capacitors to make sure they keep their longevity vs your competitors cards .I would say keep it up, make sure design for future products are created with what made your company and product name great to begin with.

4.)Create a VideoCard Monitor...Remove the Video Cards from PC Main body, Similar to technology your seeing in soundcards for laptops or the TurtleBeach SR1. Either make it USB Hookup, similiar to E-sata, or come up with a new standardized extrernal video card connector. There are alot of benefits including ease of upgradeabilty, freeing up upgrade slots, Seperate Power supply (to increase video performance, no need to upgrade card and power supply)

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Another idea i think would be pretty cool is if Asus did cases that were designed around their motherboards and cards, so spacing ect. would be perfect for different connectors and such on the mobo so you dont' have to improvise routing and twisting cables awkwardly.

7. Arj12

Arj12 New Member

I think Asus produces high quality cards and motherboards compared to other manufacteurs and their innovations really make a difference! What i would like to see them do is make motherboards with high quality built in graphics. True this is a tough challange but laptops currently coming onto the market have increasingly better graphics chipsets in them so surely mimicking the idea on desktops would be easier to an extent.

8. zxions

zxions New Member

Graphic cards should make good use of cooling. No one wants an overheated, $250 piece of equipment, dead after one year's use.

9. Auto94

Auto94 New Member

I would like to see them keeping up their good work but more memory never hurts :D

10. _TDK_

_TDK_ New Member

Just more one feature. That one i have never seen: On the Overclocked cards, or special "crazy" Editions, ASUS can inovate making the "cooling" solution for the memory and the mosfets/phase power. Using not only heatsinks, but heatpipes too.

Asus could put heatpipes beggining from the Mosfets' heatsink, going across and finishing on the memory heatsink, helping to ged rid of the heat. Good?

I have never seen this kind of "solution" on a Video Card. Asus can be the first one! I think it would be nice!

Thanks!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  11. blunderfutz

blunderfutz New Member

As with the majority of the bunch here, I'm all for simplified voltage/clock adjustment oc software controllable via hotkeys, with an automatic adjustment for the tolerances of ASUS' various cards. That is, get the most out of what you have by Oc'ing to the extent ASUS knows their hardware can handle.

12. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Actually, no need to change anything! Leave them as they are!!

13. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

Better/quieter coolers and less power consumption

14. HZA

HZA New Member

//HDMI, DVI, VGA :drool:
    //less power consumption :eek:
    //lower prices even for factory overclocked cards ;)
    //bigger coolers :evil:

there's not much to improve with asus cards :)

15. thinroad

thinroad New Member

Q: What future features would you like to see on forthcoming Asus video cards?

-more energy efficient
    -tools to monitor the gpu usage.
    -specially designed coolers for SLi and xfire
    -air duct to draw cold air from outside of case

16. Oriental Sniper

Oriental Sniper New Member

I would like to see an integrated loud-speaker alarm system. So when a card overheats, you can save it before it dies.

17. Oriental Sniper

A temperature-monitoring LED fan for enthusiasts, visible at any clear side panel.

18. Oriental Sniper

Stock cards with no fan/heatsink however using an universal factor, allowing the end-user to customize the looks and airflow/performance of the card.

19. Oriental Sniper

Overclocking jumpers for voltage and clock speed.

20. Oriental Sniper

Native HDMI ports, and using HDMI-to-DVI adapters instead, if necessary.