Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

I'd like to see some kind of built in umbrella/raincoat to prevent water damage. No not from leaky watercooling but from drooling customers and from other card manufacturers as they weep.

2. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

id like to see the cooler and quieter cards, as has been said. what id really love to see (although im sure it wouldnt be possible due to financial reasons) is an external psu that goes directly from the card to the wall. it would take a huge strain off the current psu, and you would no longer be questioning if your psu can handle the vid card.

3. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

I would like to see ASUS implement more memory on their cards. Also, perhaps a special edition card similar to the XFX Black and XXX edition cards. I think that enthusiast field needs some competition :D. I would like to see some more cooling solutions that have extra space for OCing. Expanding on the watercooling spectrum would be nice as well as some single slot cooling designs. I would really like to see some smaller cooling designs for those of us that have HTPCs. :drool:

Keep up the good work

4. adonn78

adonn78 New Member

I would like to see the next Asus graphics card with double the normal memory such as a 2GB card for ATI GPU's or 1792 for Nvida ones. Certain games like GTA4 really eat up video RAM and can be played with allt eh settings maxed out if you have about 1700MB video RAM. The games of today are very advanced and require a lot of resources. In additiont eh global economy stinks. so how about a $250 card with 2GB RAM per GPU and after market cooling and a modest overclock.

5. Bolletje

Bolletje New Member

What I would like to see, hmm....

Well, maybe Asus can make a card that has a lot of room around the GPU core for other coolings methods (sub zero i.e. LN2 , Cascade). Therefore overclockers don't need to solder the capacitators on the other side. Also somewhat bigger soldering points so the Vmod becomes easier :) Also try to avoid a OCP at low voltages....

By the way, if you have a card that has a lot of room around the core, switching different coolers is easier.

Maybe some sort of tweaking software, like adjusting LOD. (look @ Rivatuner Asus ;)).

BTW, a huge side note: I don't really have problems with current cards, so it's difficult to give some further improvements.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  6. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I think the main things that would satisfy a lot of customers while being not as much of a hassle to do is:

Use better thermal paste.

Better stock coolers. Put some quality in it, some more loving in the coolers. The stock coolers make too much noise and don't cool effectively enough. Now technology advanced those chips get hotter and hotter, and the cooling technology needs to change with it and adapt to it.

Better bundled software. I mean, I like the CCC from Ati, and I don't know the equivalent from Nvidea.. But it doesn't cut it. The third party software, to adjust clocks, fan speeds, voltage seems to do a better job then the official deal, and I don't think that's right. If you sell a high-end product, for gamers mostly, it would be wise to include high end (gamer) overclocking software.
    I know that you know that your customers are overclocking the cards, but if you supply the software, you can bind alot of customers to your brand. Just put in fineprint that extreme overclocking isn't covered in the garantue.

7. Bolletje

Bolletje New Member

Hmm, the cooler of my Asus 8800GTS is very decent in my opinion. :)

Hmm, not per se. You also have a smaller fabrication process, that means cooler operations. But more transistors = more heat. But I'm getting your point :p

And Asus, maybe you can bundle a pen with your cards? :) It sounds somewhat weird, but I also got a pen with my Sparkle 9500GT and I really like it. :D

Maybe some other cool thingies that don't cost a lot. Maybe a nice mousemat with a cool Asus logo on top?

Well, those things I really use in daily life, so I always see the brand.

I don't really like the idea of putting even more memory on those cards. It doesn't makes such a huge of a difference, but the price is a lot higher. Asus can better overclock their cards somewhat more... :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  8. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

I would like to see more focus on single slot cooling. Not every systems has room for a dualslot cooler, eg. Shuttles.

I would like to see fast cards from Asus, which fits in systems with has a low profile, eg. machines in a desktop housing.

I would like to see cards like GTX275 or similar (HD4890) with improved cooling, voltage control on ram & gpu. The improved cooling should use a system like HIS ICE4, where the warm air is blown out of the housing.

9. JMMD

JMMD New Member

More memory and larger (more quiet fans).

10. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

I know it would take some major engineering, but a company with the size and resources of ASUS might be able to accomplish it...

I'd like to see ASUS implement 3d imaging in games and movies somehow - and somehow make it generic, like flipping a switch in software that activates special circuitry on the video card allowing any displayed data to be processed and viewed in 3D, with or without glasses. It could be proprietary of course to ASUS, as long as it could process any game or movie into 3D presentation.

3D is coming (back...) on strong in many areas (including medical imaging) and ASUS would really have something special if they could somehow pull that off.

11. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

i'd like to see neon lights, cathodes and UV Paint for forthcoming asus cards, sure will be unique :)

12. RobertBruce

RobertBruce Active Member

I would like to see Asus build larger slower fans on video cards so they are more efficient and quieter. And from a customer service angle, let us know how hot really is TOO HOT for various video cards!

13. JMMD

JMMD New Member

A software tool to edit the BIOS and tweak the default profiles would be cool.

14. Blue Devil

Blue Devil New Member

I would like to see cards that take many years to break, or a great rma system, because the less fortunate like me can't afford to change video card once every year...I never had any problem with an Asus card, but just to make sure =P

15. Blue Devil

Blue Devil New Member

I would like to see a special series with an unique design and the very best cards pushed to their maxxx

16. monsunami

monsunami New Member

Better cooling system (more efficient quieter fan, not too huge), more memory like 2 to 4 gb running DDR5, and HDMI port.

17. SMB_BB

SMB_BB New Member

Foremost, a cooling solution that performs like the aftermarket coolers many of us install.

Second, I love the idea of some kind of bundling or promotion with Asus Xonar sound cards!

18. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

ASUS should make a driver that can dedicate a few or all stream processors to normal CPU functions without using CUDA. As you all know, GPUs have a lot more power than CPU's, so it's only logical that GPU's take over normal CPU functions.

19. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

I'd also like to see ASUS making GTX295's fit on a single PCB, and include a liquid cooling bundle with it. Having two GPU's on a single PCB theoretically increases the efficiency, and that also means that the GPU's can share memory.

20. fel_man

fel_man New Member

Hi! all, (sorry my english) my recomendations for futures Asus Video Cards are:

1) a Best optimization of energy, cause in the last release, i've seen high increase of electrical consuming.

2) Cooling system that not use two or more slots (the temps are greats now and work ok, but the sistem is big)