Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

How about smaller PCBs? Would be a novel item that I really haven't seen before. Specifically the higher end cards that seem to keep growing in length. Shorten up the PCB a bit and widen it a lil if need be. Has to be a niche market for this type of variation.

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I would like to see better fan technology applied to video cards. I run primarily Arctic Cooling fans here in my cases why should my viddy card sound like a chainsaw?

3. x.clay

x.clay New Member

I'd like to see an Asus card with a clear, UV reactive PCB

4. tomdan

tomdan New Member

I would like to see a brand-new cooling solution with no-noise-levels for next Asus VGAs. It would be lovely to see Asus focusing on that (cooling & noise) more than..pre-overclocked cards. I mean, this guys make great products but..imagine if for the first time we don't have to spend extra money for an extra fan/heatpipes because of the mid-quality-noisy-stock-cooling solution all these new VGAs have.

:) My mobo is from Asus, my VGA is from Asus and my next sound card will be from Asus..come on guys I know you can do it!

5. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

I would like to see ASUS implement video card heat capture technology that would use the heat generated by the card to power the cards own cooling system.

I would also like to see ASUS implement individual performance profiles for games that automatically implements over clocking and the like for certain games, much like keyboard profiles (g-15) do now!

6. Wrathbin

Wrathbin New Member

I would like to see some more radical board designs, cooler designs and colors to enhance custom bulit computers with see through side panels

7. Mourgolikos

Mourgolikos Active Member

I would like to see a gpu-bios-reset button in case any customization in gpu's bios fail.
    Nowadays, we knows that many of us overclock our video cards using custom bios (main reason to increase voltage). In case of failure we have to use a space pci card to fix it.
    So why not a small button so we can press and restore default bios options?
    A heaven for overclockers!

8. Franklin Henderson

Franklin Henderson New Member

I would like to be able to add ram to the card.

9. d3m0n5

d3m0n5 New Member

I'd love to see more ASUS cards with graphics card heat sinks that not only extract heat from the graphics card and exhaust it but also exhaust case heat better. I'm sure i'm not the only one who like a cool running case. Also, the exhaust system has to be super silent and not cost an arm and a leg. I'd also love to see better software packages with ASUS cards (although ASUS does a pretty good job already), start bundling more games with the cards. Dawn of War 2 forever!

10. Eppu

Eppu New Member

- embedded water cooling blocks for some models
    - option to add more memory as needed (scalability)
    - environmental issues (less power draw, less noise, ROHS compliant h/w, recycling issues?)
    - for cards running at high temperatures exhaust hot air directly outside the case
    - longer warranties (possible separate care packs for extended warranty?)
    - more motherboard models with integrated gpu's for basic computers, after all not all go for the high-end

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  11. jezabelomanta

jezabelomanta New Member

- DDR5 memory
    - small current expendable

12. anonemus

anonemus 80 Plus Certified

I sure would like to see Asus implement a GPU power system wherein at 2D use, it sips power like an IGP. Sorta like the HybridSLI concept :)

13. shALKE

shALKE HH Panther

I'd like to see the video cards to push beyond the current limits, also the size and Watts consumption is starting to be ridiculous .. maybe they can start looking into that part too, soon (2-3 years) it will take like 300W consumption extra just for video card.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  14. chaitanyaraghav

chaitanyaraghav New Member

I would like Asus to try and be more environment friendly!

Next would be to make a nvidia card that has memory equal to that of 'vapour' from ATI

-A Quiet and efficiently cooled card is required.

-An Overclocking kit comprising of software to edit voltages/frequencies without much fuss would be gr8!

-Lastly try to spice up the reeling integrated graphics market.

15. kelston

kelston Active Member

I'd love to see a modular cooling system or hell even a completely modular video card.

It would probably require some working with nVidia/AMD and other graphics cards manufacturers overall, but why not simply have the graphics cards manufacturers simply offer a baseline product such as a motherboard for GPU/VPUs.

Not everyone runs dual monitors so why not offer a single output board with the resources and space that would have been spent for the secondary output for something else. Maybe a more solid power management system, extra memory, or maybe nothing at all to allow the end user to create a more energy efficient video card.

16. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

I would love to see more fancier cards with more cooling and more lights. Plus more RAM and faster clocks. Actually heaps more RAM. Like come on guys I know we gotta take it slow, but this is rediculous (more RAM). Anyway, Sleeker looking cards and fancier effects.

17. quimico

quimico New Member

Well for starters a better cooling solution, the Nvidia standards are getting old and not too effective. And what about integrating the sound card with the graphic one. Since it is possible to put a couple of GPU in one PCB or even 2 pcb together in a "single" card, something like this would help a lot with crammed computers or even as a very good solution for HTPC systems so this way you can have the option to opt for high quality solutions integrated as one :cool:

18. safedisc2

safedisc2 New Member

Big 2D underclocking, 3D overclocking when needed and cooling as quiet as possible.

19. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

I would like to see from asus is a GTX275 with Xonar HDAV13 or STX combined together and have only HDMI outputs on the card.

20. snake

snake Active Member

Re : Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

I'd like to see next asus cards with dynamic cooling solutions and much easier bios update capability. I want a rock solid card, perfectly stable even overclocked, silent while the system is idle. If i'm watching a movie, there's no need for a noisy cooler running at 100% of course, so the card should be able to auto regulate very sharply, to stabilize temps in a realistic way.

I also would appreciate some real bios update, from ASUS update, a user friendly tool which can improve performance, stability and frequencies even a few years after your bought it. That would be a real user service and would make ASUS fans a real community :)