Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. zachig

zachig New Member

I'd love to see better cooling solutions for ASUS Video Cards, as well an High-End Asus Video Cards with Watercooling Solutions.

It'll be great to see also cards bundled with improved software to allow more tweaking (changing voltages) of the card in order to achieve higher overclocking! :D

2. candm

candm New Member

I would like to see Asus Graphics Cards come with a Sticker Kit with a choice of different HSF Stickers so that you could apply the Sticker you prefer the most or that suits best with your system.

3. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

I'd like to see Asus have a mini LCD on their new Video Cards showing the Clocks and All the other Details including Temperature so that it would be easy for people with side panels to check the temperature while running GPU intensive Programs and it would also be a nice addition to Modders who would want to show off their rigs.

4. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

I like to see and own an ASUS graphic card that has an Overdrive* function.

What is Overdrive you might ask? It's a function that can temporary increase the card's gpu and memory clock rate when the card encounters graphic intensive tasks so as to smooth out games and prevent lag.

Most games only have a few graphic intensive pockets here and there and most do not require the card to run at full capacity all the time. This feature will lower power consumption and also reduce overheating which is a major issue in today's card.

5. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

I'd like to see an ASUS graphics card with a small speaker, battery and touch sensor, so that when the card is handled it will say things like: "Oh! Ohhh!", "Fondle my heat sink, big boy!", "I'm so waiting for you to plug me", or "Is that a screwdriver in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

This will solve a few problems. One is the wait from the time you open the box until the card is installed, which is just not fun. Another is when the card has a problem, and you need to take it out. At least it won't be all a downer.

Come to think of it, it'd be nice to add to this the ability to detect an additional nearby card, with the card saying things like: "I see you've brought us a new friend. Now we're a threesome."

The more I think about it, the more I believe it could solve a lot of problems. Instead of implementing increasingly complex cooling schemes on cards, the card could say: "Oh, I'm so hot! Open the case, please? My body needs that free air! Breath on me. Oooh, yes! Yes!" (An application could run on the desktop to play this sound, so that the card will be better heard when inside the case.)

ASUS, if you ever implement this (great and important) feature, and you need further design ideas, don't hesitate to call me.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  6. dagski

dagski New Member

i would like to see aggressive cooling w/ less noise.

7. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Larger VRam , build GPU from better materials that can stand higher temperatures without being defected , if its possible to make smaller cards than reference with the same specs so it can fit in all cases , reduce power dissipation which mean reduce heat and power consumption and better cooling solution .

It will be even better to offer extended warranty like Zotac "lifetime" or an option to renew/extend warranty with additional surtax , provide higher overclocks or produce special edition of the card which is pre-overclocked. and finally the most important prospective to maintain competitive price.

8. Salty85

Salty85 New Member

I believe the best thing to offer is an option to have a taskbar icon that changes with the fan speed setting, and you can alter the settings for the temp to "aggressive, Standard, and Minimal" for the cooling on a variety of cards. That way if someone is watching a movie and does not want the fan kicking on unless it becomes a dangerous level, they can avoid a leaf blower on some cards.

9. AnthonF

AnthonF New Member

I want what they want

10. deBelly

deBelly New Member

I'd like to see external power supplies bundled with power-hungry graphics cards, like the one that came with ASUS X1800XT TOP.

11. x.clay

x.clay New Member

I would like to see Asus create a gaming community to complement their video cards. This would include game servers, forums, free online games for Asus card owners, tournaments, reviews, giveaway, etc.

12. RyuGTX

RyuGTX New Member

Video card support on the OC Palm device. I would like to see options to adjust/overclock speed, shaders, memory frequency, and fan speed. Additional options like custom profiles would be nice too. For example, turning on profile 1 when the pc load is light. In which profile 1 could be set as 20% fan speed and underclocked settings so as to save energy. Then turning on profile 2 when gaming which is overclocked settings.

13. Hexotic

Hexotic New Member

Asus is doing a good job as is so its difficult to come up with ideas that would make a true difference.

Something that might be interesting is if Asus designed a "Universal" mounting system that would accomodate multiple types of cooling solutions. You could buy the product without a cooling unit (which would lower the cost to produce and purchase) and instead have this "universal" mounting system that would allow the addition of the Modders choice of cooling pastes and hardware.

Chances are, if someone is going to mod/Oc their equipment their gonna change it anyways. So why not produce something that requires less work and money for both parties from the start. This also gives the opportunity for Asus to make various cooling solutions for their own cards (both Nvidia and ATI) and enter into a new market at the same time.

14. GTOViper

GTOViper New Member

I would like to see some truly innovative new cooling solutions on the card, and not just use companies like Arctic Cooling's Accelero or the stock OEM leafblowers. Using today's widely available heatpipe technology and the smaller GPU die manufacturing processes the temps should be a lot lower. That might bring up the cost for the card, but in return, we get higher clock speeds and cooler, quiter video card solutions that doesn't turn our room into an oven when we're fragging noobs.

15. SirMango

SirMango New Member

ASUS should sell more passively cooled video cards, or those that are fan cooled but near-silent by SilentPCReview's standards.

16. two angels

two angels New Member

1. I would like to see 2 bios chips on Asus video cards like on their motherboards.

Overclockers will enjoy that.

2. Glowing logo on the side of asus video cards (like on audiocards) with adjusting led color feature (no more christmas tree)

Modders will love that.

3. Small display showing GPU temperature.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  17. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

The cards ASUS Made with the integrated water cooling were a good idea, and the fact that they aren't biased towards just 1 GPU manufacturer means that we could really see a more vast variety of extremely powerful cards with powerful cooling solutions.

But perhaps also they could expand into the cooling market more?

18. jhatfie

jhatfie New Member

More innovative cooling solutions on upper tier graphics cards, since they are the ones that usually generate the most heat. Jumpers that up gpu/memory voltage slightly for better overclocking, better warranty more in line with EVGA or BFG.

19. zshift

zshift New Member

What I would really like on asus video cards is a built in sound card (xonar, for example) with dedicated optical/surround ports. This may not be feasible on enthusiast cards, but for mid to low end cards this could add great features so long as the price is decent. Imagine something like a radeon 4670 with optical audio built in as a dual slot card: one slot had video connections (dvi/hdmi/s-video, etc) while the other slot includes 7.1 surround and s/pdif optical. a larger silent cooler could be used to take up the two slots and active cooling may not be needed. perfect for an htpc setup.

Also, please, black pcb. it looks great on every video cad that has it, and most medium to high end asus boards feature a black pcb, so it would only make sense to match.

for higher end cards, i feel voltage modding software should be added on, such as with the eah4890 (which is awesome), and multiple fans to allow for better cooling. I have the asus eah4870 dk top 512, and the single fan doesnt seem like its enough to keep the card at cool temps for having such a large heatsink. multiple fans will allow much better cooling and shouldn't add that much more to the cost of the cards.

and if you have time, add some lights in there. everyone loves a little bling-bling on their pcs, like led-fans, or having the asus logo light up on a stabilizing bracket so it can be seen through side panel windows.

btw, as for everyonewanting gddr5 on all video cards, this is not something asus has complete control over. this is set by the gpu used on the system and there isn't much of anything asus can do to change this.

(crossing my fingers!:taste:)

20. lepel

lepel New Member

I'd love Asus to focus on new ways to design their future high end graphics cards. I'm sure that a visually appealing design is a major selling point for a graphics card. It's one of the key attributes to make a card stand out between the competition.
    Therefore, I believe many (potential) customers will love it if Asus takes a more no-nonsense approach to their cards' design: simple yet attractive shapes, subtle yet sexy colours (eg black&grey), combined in a tasteful artwork. It will give the costumer the feeling to own something exclusive.

For instance, many people love the design Asus uses for their Xonar line of soundcards. It would be seriously awesome to see the simple black brushed aluminium covers from the DX2 and the Essence STX find their way to the design of graphics cards. Just a thought!

No-compromise performance demands a no-compromise design!