Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 14, 2009.

1. huntersquid

huntersquid New Member

Asus graphics cards are already great. Heres a few ways to make 'em better -

-A better cooling solution than the reference cooler. Ideally, it should run cooler than the stock cooler and take up only a single slot. This is the biggest thing you can do to distinguish yourself from your competitors.
    -Sell all your cards pre-overclocked by a bit. If there are two cards from different manufacturers which cost the same and are practically alike, everyone will choose the one with higher clock speeds, even if it is something like 20Mhz.
    -Give us a few different stickers to choose to put on the card. If someone doesn't want the sticker, they don't have to put it on.

2. playstation3dood

playstation3dood New Member

it would be cool if the CD with the drivers on it had a little demonstration of the capacity of the card. like maybe a free-world walking around kind of thing, with lots of polys and great shaders.

3. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

Put swords sticking out of products so they are potentially 'Heart Touching'

:w00t:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Another idea for a feedback/control panel gadget is to have it wireless (using a low power wireless standard such as Bluetooth or Zigbee). It could then clip to the monitor or stand on the desktop, and so provide its functionality regardless of the PC's location, and with the same benefits as the wired drive bay panel (i.e., no software required).

Another advantage of wireless is that it could hook to several devices. If you have triple SLI, all graphics cards could show on the same device. If ASUS extends such support (i.e., wireless reporting / control) to motherboards, then the same device could be used to see the motherboard/CPU status and control overclocking.

The benefit of no software extends not only to comfort and not wasting PC resources, but also to troubleshooting. Such a panel can provide feedback regardless of the OS, and even if the OS doesn't work. It could report problems with the card (whatever the card can diagnose) and the motherboard, if it supports this.

5. Chanur

Chanur New Member

One other feature seriously needed on ASUS graphics cards is an outstanding warranty. Doesn't have to be a lifetime or double-lifetime warranty like some others, but it would be preferred to see at least 5 years of coverage.

6. nolonger

nolonger New Member

I'd say just add a water cooling block with the video card pack.

7. cloverleaf

cloverleaf New Member

First and foremost custom cooling solutions would be appreciated.
    Perhaps invest in an efficient and silent heatsink design that could be adapted to different cards from both Nvidia and ATI, since a custom design for a card that may be on the market only for 6 months isn't very practical. A heatsink designed to accept standard fans (80/92/120mm) could be a nice idea - the end-user could then choose whether to focus on noise or cooling performance.

Feature(s) I don't want to see: Don't go the bling-route. Adding blinking lights, psychedelic colors, boot-up sound effects, or anything of the sort will not make the product better! I hate to see resources wasted on something that has no impact whatsoever on the actual performance of a product. Instead, I'd much rather read that you've been able to craft the PCB out of recycled milk cartons or eliminated some toxic material from the manufacturing process.

8. alextorex

alextorex New Member

I'd like to see a card:
    - which can fit in tight cases (short PCB)
    - to be dead silent (especially in 2d mode) - sound proof design with active noise cancelling
    - to have a futuristic design like an invisibile plane (B2 black bomber) with hidden vents, black metal, invisibile cooler, dust proof cooler, no circuits visibile, sound proof materials
    - to be modular - to be able to easily interchage a cartridge of noisy cooler with another new one
    - nanotechnology cooling
    - to be able to project through the back vent a laser image with statistics on the room wall
    - power consumption in idle/2d mode to be really small
    - the cooling solution could be inspired from biology - it could be something like a lung using air presurized muscles for total silence

9. redevil1

redevil1 New Member

Re : Win an ASUS GTX275 Graphics card @ Driverheaven!

I want a special software for GTX275 OC fan control speed temperatur of GPU easy to access from desktop and in the card i want customized air cooling with tow fans and a changing chasis pictures for example blood ASUS.

10. Rahazan

Rahazan New Member

How about liquid oxygen for everyone? Give us a nice cilinder of the stuff with a new graphics card, hehe.

11. monte

monte New Member

I would like to see graphic cards that have PCB remodelled with intention to occupy one slot. Improve energy efficiency and cooling system.
    Well simple things, and think ;p

12. Prodigys

Prodigys New Member

What future features would you like to see on forthcoming Asus video cards?

Nothing really... Asus is making good things and doesn't need to be corrected.
    A nice little thing on Asus cards maybe is selling naked cards !
    And maybe make a graphics card cooler line-up where you can choose your own cooler on the card you want. Asus is already making CPU coolers, why not GPU coolers ? And this combining with selling naked cards is the best solution for the costumer. He can choose then what cooling solution he wants, passive or active, overclocking purpose, or just cooling purpose ?

Also a strong PWM with different phase's on the card would be good.
    This with a special voltage adjustment software tool that will work only on Asus cards would be very great !

13. strifemare

strifemare New Member

Considering Asus's already successful foray into motherboards, it shouldn't be too difficult for a port of the clean and green power solutions to work its way into their graphic cards. cleaner (meaning a well filtered signal) power should theoretically translate to higher stability, which could translate to more performance and better overclocking.

14. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Here's something that I don't know if it's possible, but I think it's an idea worth checking out. I'd like to see PCIe cards that have the full 16x width, but fit into x1 and x4 slots by having missing lanes. After thinking about this I googled, and found out that someone has already tried such modding, and failed (i.e., only the first lanes were active, not any after the gap), but perhaps it's possible to use non-contiguous lanes with support from the graphics card or motherboard. PCIe does support 12 lanes as a valid width.

15. daveshax

daveshax New Member

Errrrrrm,

The main reason I buy ASUS graphics cards is because I buy ASUS motherboards, and so somehow assume they will work better together.

The way for them to sell loads is to somehow show that the graphics card will run 10% better or cool 10% more if it's paired with an ASUS mboard, and vice-versa. If they could show figures like that, no-one would buy anything else.

Because ASUS make good graphics cards AND motherboards, they're in a unique position to do this.

More specifically, maybe merging the cooling somehow, with heatpipes? Like, a clip-on one that connects the card to the existing mboard heatpipes. Call it ASUS co-ordinated cooling, or something like that.

16. strifemare

strifemare New Member

another idea would be to bring back Dual Firmware. One would be for usage, and the other a write protected Recovery firmware. Much like how Galaxy used to do. Coupled with a fast firmware flashing software, and covering overclocking within recommended specifications with warranty, would definitely pull a lot of enthusiasts if the interface is feature rich enough with all the information that an overclocker would need. the dual firmware's recovery mode would aid whenever a flash goes wrong, making it almost risk free.

17. Asthetic

Asthetic New Member

More memory is always a plus. I would also like to see better/faster GPU's and really who wouldn't. Another nice idea that I had was customizable plates, you know the pictures on the video card right? Why not allow us to submit our own pictures and pay extra for it? I would love to have a picture of my resto druid on my videocard. Maybe even allow us to choose the colors of the actual video card.

18. YnHDaRkMaN

YnHDaRkMaN Image of the invisible...

1) Watercooling
    2) Some kind of LED or LCD display with information about temperatures, fan speed, clock speed, memory speed, memory used, etc.
    3) Very low power requirements, some kind of new technology that allow high end cards to run on most PSUs

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I would like to see GFX cards with quiter cooling systems.
    Some bling for those of use that like using cases with windows.
    Some LEDs or small LCD showing relevent information would be great.

More settings for people with dual displays.

More packages that include 3D-glasses.

20. juzernejm

juzernejm New Member

On the new Asus graphic cards, I would like to see elixir of life, a satellite dish for communication with aliens (or God), and the most of all three DVIs.