Win an ATI 4870 X2 video card !

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigys

Prodigys New Member

I need this card to run 24/7 365/365 F@H client for some serious things...
    Deploy it in the battle with cancer etc... My HD4850's are fighting very hard but the cancer strikes back, i can't win ... I can't (!)... I'm underpowered...

2. falconsoars

falconsoars New Member

I was told by my doctor that I have 6 months to live unless I get the only cure ... an ATI Radeon 4870 X2 card. If I get it by the end of October I may get two more years added unto my life, If after the end of October my two years decreases by 4 months with each month that passes. Help me get this card so I can enjoy the last two years of my life ... Crysis Warhead, GTA IV for PC .... Assassin Creed, Pure, Far Cry 2 ....

3. menotyou

menotyou New Member

well hi I need a card because I am using a NVIDIA 7300gt agp to play crysis wars. And that 2 me is a upgrade I had a socket 478 2.66Ghz p-4 cpu and Intel motherboard so I got a asrock dual vsta 775 motherboard With the e2180 cpu so I can get pcie and still use my old equipment to do up grades as I can get them. installed it all my self did the swap all is good but this NVIDIA 7300gt AGP suck so I got a ATi 2400 256 meg pcie e THINKING it would be better and No it sucked I have been a NVIDIA Fan my whole live so. To do this I had to lie to my mom about my p-4 being burnt up due to crisis so I got some money from mom THANKS Mom LoL I am a 28 year old stay at home dad and not to go crazy I started 2 years ago to make servers started with half live 1 LOL and well day of defeat source seemed to work the beast for me I got a clan in that game but I found crisis wars and made a server for it and well my pc set up is sucking Now how can I be a admin and have 5-15 Fps in the game the cpu is fine the memory is still there and my ATi experience was not so good So this is my beggie ply for a Nice Card and a chance to See Ati card the way they meant.

Then:
    Type : Intel Pentium 4 2666 MHz
    CPU Slot/Socket Type : Socket 478 mPGA
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Graphics: nVidia PCI NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
    Total RAM Installed : 768 MB

NOW:
    my pc.
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz @ 2300 Mhz
    CPU ID: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
    Physical memory: 1.50 GB
    Display adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB
    Driver version: GeForce Release 175 (175.16) (20080503024600.000000-000)

[FONT=&quot]And that is my Upgrade[/FONT]

4. menotyou

menotyou New Member

sorry double post

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  5. sh4rk

sh4rk New Member

Well - here it is i am a, well mature student (ahem) back in may i knew of this card so started saving to bring my rig to what i wanted so last week finally had the cash ready got up in the morning and BANG hit with the echo of a bombshell that was to ruin my almost perfect life - ( gaming wise at least) the words "i'm pregnant" rang out like a sonic wave and my hopes for a new 4870x2 were shattered as she booted up the internet and bought ....................................A COT! Sooooooo Please this is now the only way i'm gonna get one of these cards anytime in the next millenia

6. Majin GeoDooD

Majin GeoDooD Well-Known Member

A dingo ate my graphics card, now I need a new one!

7. bzbrown

bzbrown New Member

My Awesome Daughter Posted the other day on why she wants this video card. I would like to add that as the father of two teenage daughters who has to work out of state 200 days a year to make a living this card for a new system would be a wonderful Christmas/birthday/anniversary gift to our family!!!

We really will have to scrap everything we own to buy the new system to go with this great card but I'm sure we can do it as a family IF we get the card. Our current system ROCKS even if it is a year old. The trusty 8800 GTS 512 runs like a champ with a core 2 and 4 gigs or ram. Adding a 2nd kickass system will give us the ability to game together as a family.

SOO WE Really Want This Card!!! IT will give us a few hours each day that I am gone to game together and keep each other up on what's been in our day.

Give Me The Card Now!!!

The Dad

8. Blue Devil

Blue Devil New Member

I need this video card cause my life sucks and i need the most reslistic possible in-game life so i can forget mine ;D

9. gar818

gar818 New Member

I need this card, because i just opened up a PC repair shop in burbank, CA, but my business is so slow, this would atleast keep me busy :uhoh:

10. hasher

hasher if u got some ,pass it around

ok truth is with card i can still play and enjoy the pc!!! with out it well i have to watch tv . omg T.V. plz let me win tv is so lame it like not connected to internet and bloggin and all the cyber geek things that i want to do . tv is like the girl next door . pc with ati card hmm well let say private invite to playboy manson yeah baby. plz give me my mojo back with this card.:cool:

11. TehDragonSparkz

TehDragonSparkz New Member

A few months ago, both my aunt and great grandma died.. A few days later my mom ditches the family and I then find out that she is getting remarried to some guy I have never met before in my life. If things aren't bad enough already, when I went to sign up for college, it turns out that there was no empty classes so I have to wait till next semester....
    Just recently, I also found out that 2 of my best friends are moving away for the city so I won't get to do anything with them very often anymore. They do happen to play online games though. Well, unfortunately I can't because I have a radeon 9250 and it's too weak to play the game.

If only.... if only I had a ATI 4870 X2 video card... Then I could play online games with my friends and also forget about all my current problems... I could drown out my sorrows while killing other players to help take my anger out on something. Oh how I wish I had a ATI 4870 X2 video card. Life could be so much better.

12. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I would like to win this card because I can't take the whining of my computer anymore. Every time I sit beside it, it complains to me that I'm so cruel to not give him a beefy videocard and that his power supply unit is slacking because there is nothing that demands much power etc.
    So please help me out here and let me win this card so my computer will stop whining. It will do my head alot of good!

13. imagination

imagination HH HH HH :)

Everything that surrounds me is fiction. I need to play - and i should get this card to render some reality at least in my 3D world if not in my everyday life..

14. LilRazor

LilRazor Active Member

I Would Like To have This ATI 4870 X2 Well Couse I Been Using My Useless 32Mb Geforce 2 MX Graphics Card With Alot Of Lag So This Would Help Me In Making A New Rig And Trying New Games =) I Dont have money To Buy A Good Card Its Expansive Here

15. spenfunk

spenfunk New Member

Hello,
    I would like to be considered for this card, beacuse I am currently running 3870 Crossfire. It just simply isn't enough to handle many of the games I play with decent rates. I feel quite inadequate. :sigh:
    Help me Obi Wan.
    Jeff Spencer

16. ironleg

ironleg New Member

I would like this card so my son can beguin on the road to game programing. I cannot afford this card( mentioned many times) but I have contacted companies like Gamebryo Gamebryo | Industry-Leading Cross-Platform Game Development Engine | Emergent and have found out a great deal of information.
    there is another program that is free and available to middle school children and high school and colledge level as well. It ia called Alice.Alice.org
    Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web. Alice is a teaching tool for introductory computing. It uses 3D graphics and a drag-and-drop interface to facilitate a more engaging, less frustrating first programming experience. Alice is free to download and has been used in the sims Alice.org

I need this card for what it was made for. gaming. I hope you choose me for the winner because computers, kids, and gaming isnt cheap. And this card will do anything thrown at it.

17. Cfmeier

Cfmeier New Member

I really need this card cause im using a radeon 9550, i have overclocked it to squeeze everything out of it, im playing cod 4 at lowest setting @ 640*480, i mean cmon i can barely see anything, and now my friends are playing warhammer and it runs @ 17 fps when nothing is going on the screen, with a medium size battle it goes to 5 fps :S, and now every game is pixel shader model 3.0+,everytime i want to try a new game and see S.M. 3.0 i:sigh:, i would buy a new card but where i live (Venezuela) a 4870X2 is about 1800$.

18. jazzman930

jazzman930 New Member

If I win I will make it better for this country! Free healtcare! green cars! better school system! And 4870x2 to everyone!

so cmon folks vote for me!

oh wait....

please give me the card:)

19. SimpleVLSI

SimpleVLSI New Member

Respected taxpayers and driverheaven staff,

We are the parallel government installation within each system. We keep research into less known and away from your sight.

Our present funds are rather limited at the moment. Some gray areas of our research lacks serious capital.
    Even the man himself, David Icke turned his support away from us. I can't even begin to describe the scope of that embarrassment for our organization.

Besides, we have spent additional reserves in attempt to force Motorola 68040 world domination. We are very close, but our deeds are anything but inexpensive. Much of our logistic is involved with subliminal activity in media. This is not very easy what we do and still; we manage to make you spend and spend, again and again, each year on your new equipment! Even when you have no need for the same.

We are just researching a new stimuli to hidden cerebrum area where we will trigger the need for anyone to have craving for Quad CPU. Most of our machines are based on heavily tuned Matrox G550 low profile cards (very, very low profile mind you) and for most of our operative underground staff, anything beyond DX6.1 is pure SF.

Great irony, don't you think? Since all we research and place our activity is precisely the SF! Our main central supercomputer (modified Amiga 4000) requires some serious GPU power. Should you at later date, entertain the idea of releasing this post to attention of public. Please don't, we are everywhere and believe us, we are truly miserable when we had to resolve to this sort of begging.

This is precisely where driverheaven comes to our rescue with this splendid giveaway. Thank you for your attention and will keep in touch.

S-CEO
    Adam Conspiratus

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  20. djjug

djjug New Member

Growing up with six fingers on the outskirts of Guilder was a hard life that certainly help shape me into the man that I have become. Though I was a Count, the cruelty of children did not recognize rank or place. Eventually the time came when my inquisitiveness and cunning would server me well. Through a bit of good fortune and a several vials of iocane powder I was fortunate enough to serve as an advisor to the young Reagent. In my service to the former Prince Humperdinck, I found that I had a certain knack for "extracting information" from individuals, especially those who seemed a bit unwilling at first. I was so good at what I did that there were numerous falsehoods spread about my past and even a nasty rumor about my death from some obsessed Spaniard.

I realize that my ways might be considered a bit arcane in this world of internets and reality TV . Seeing the public’s reaction to Michael Vick has caused me to somewhat reconsider the direction of my career. After a failed corporate coup attempt as a middle manager and a family intervention (they tried to make me go to rehab, I said no no no), I have had the opportunity to do quite a great deal of self-reflection. I have to say that I truly do love who I have become, but I fully recognize the world does not share my mirror. Thus, I have come to the conclusion that I must reinvent myself, DIGITALLY.

What better way to do this than with a 4870 X2 card? When my foes release their souls to the sound of my Unreal Tournament III dual enforcers, should not their last breathes be high definition? Does Black Lotus not deserve 60fps while annexing a GLA supply center? As my Squig Herder paints the hallowed ground of Mourkain's Temple red with dwarven entrails, should not the screencaptures be museum worthy? Shouldn’t the vt100 output of my TinTin++ have the sharpest of contrasts as I ‘equip all’? I think you know the answers to these questions in your heart of hearts.

For the sake reform; for the sake of eternal digital youth; for the sake of crosshairs and dps, consider my request for this card.

Thank You
    T.R.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.