Win an ATI 4870 X2 video card !

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

I work six and a half days a week on rednecks old p3 gateways and dells, i really need the couple hours a week i have to play to be stutter free.

2. redbalrog

redbalrog New Member

1. Hi DH. I do not need this card. There are many other members out there that deserve and need this card more than I. I merely want this card to be able to play Hello Kitty: Island Adventure on the highest video settings. My current card won't do it and I cannot play my favourite game. :tears::tears:

2. I want this card because I am special. Very special.

3. Dimitrios

Dimitrios New Member

You dont want me to become Freddy Cruger :evil: , pleazzzzee for the love of god give me the card and i promise i ll never miss my daily church visits :). Seriously i mean it ...:D

4. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

ATI 4870 X2 Can You Dig It?

You're standing right now with a nine delegates, from a hundred gangs and there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members, 40,000 counting affiliates and 20,000 more not organised but ready to fight. 60,000 electrosoldiers! Now there ain't but 20,000 electropolice in the whole town. Can you dig it?

ATI 4870 X2 DIG 'EM ALL

5. Jarmush

Jarmush New Member

Totoku island

Day 1
    - I survived. I barely made it alive, along with the generator and the remaining 1500 gallons of extra fuel that were aboard the plane. And with my desktop.

Day 5
    - Captured. The totomeks now hold me under captivity and they robbed my computer desktop as well. They managed to start the generator and plugged everything allright - gosh even the usb ports - but they haven't been able to start my computer.

Day 6
    - Worshipping. They now consider me as a resurection of their fallen god Aftaliiti and praise me more with each frag I do at Crysis. Tonight I should be visiting the royal harem.

Day 12
    - Cursed! They just discovered the suitcase I was travelling with, that ALSO survived the crash, and indeed it was a suitcase containing a beta version of Far Cry 2. I had to install it under penalty of having myself denied access to the harem - sigh.

Day 13
    - I'm doomed. The performance of my 8600 GTS is more than lame and they are getting tired of seeing me miss my frags at the new game. If I can't find a way to run FC2 with maximum settings until the next full moon, my testicles will be offered to a female baboon - God knows female baboons from this damned island don't treat your bag gently.

6. Hellfire29

Hellfire29 New Member

I need this graphics card because I just built an HTPC for my parents and I got jealous of it's integrated x1250 GPU and 2.0ghz LE processor. Plus my Matrox G450 is on it's last (and spindly) legs.

7. suran

suran New Member

4870X2, o 4870X2, wherefor art thou o 4870x2?

Devoid of meaning has been my life to date
    Yet I do not falter or succumb to fate
    This card was meant to my desire sate
    Armed with which I shall release my hate

A heaven indeed for the lovers of tech
    Serves with news at my call and beck
    I must break free from misery I endure
    Only this awesome card will that ensure

O hear me now ye great philanthropists
    Who render unto the gamer sharp tools and wits
    If thou do but make this 4870X2 card mine
    Forsooth, again in my darkness the sun shall shine

And with this I take leave and re-enter the fray
    In need am I of arms to hold the enemy at bay
    These rusted DX9 cards shall serve me no longer
    Only the might of ATI shall make me stronger.

\m/

8. scurvy

scurvy So Cutesy Wootsy

Armageddon, Redux!

Hey, Iam total loser, never won anything in my miserable life.
    If i don't get this awesome card iam gonna go jump in the neighbor's pool and drown myself. Neighbor is an old fart scientist type with PHD in Theoretical Physics from MIT and his daughter is damn hot, loves jocks.
    Shes gonna say 'Ewww! The geek next door is stinking up my pool. EWWW!!!'
    Shes gonna run out the back gate and get hit by a truck.
    Daddy's gonna be so upset he's gonna mess up all the calculations he's doing for his colleagues at The Large Hadron Collider. OH No!! Instead of creating tiny black holes for nanoseconds, its gonna go apeshit and make a self sustaining singularity in space time- a slowly expanding mega black hole devouring scientists and buildings alike as it gets bigger and bigger and bigger. The europeans gonna throw everything at it hoping to contain it, reverse it but NO! Just keeps sucking everything up. They gonna ask Bush for help!! His warmongers will suggest throwing every nuke they got at it. Only it gets worse!!! The black hole gets so powerful it opens up a gateway to HELL!! Demons pour out and feast on the surviving population.
    Slowly but surely the MegaHole gets so huge it swallows up the entire planet. 'Burp!' But it doesn't stop there. Just keeps growing raking in planet after planet galaxy after galaxy, till finally theres nuttin left in the Universe.
    Complete Obliteration.

All this why? 'Cos u didn't give a poor geek ya video card.

9. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I should get the card, otherwise I'll keep whining on the forums. :D

10. Xploited Titan

Xploited Titan Driverheaven's evil

I'm too scared to go outside in the real, can I have the card to force myself by watching realistic games on huge monitors please?

11. ironleg

ironleg New Member

Greetings and good luck to all first.
    I have tried to win a video card several times here at DH, i hoope I win now. I think that My family deserves this card because of how much we have endured. I lost my leg in a car wreck, ( I was able to work a couple years untill they discovered the wreck caused other issues.) I am on social seccurity disability ( 800.00). I am married 11 years and have 3 kids. they thought my son had spina bifida and ended up doing back surgery to remove a tethered cord so his body could learn to control his bowel and bladder. my oldest step son has wanted to get into gane design but suffers from ADHD. My wife was just placed on anti - depressants for depression ; she just graduated from university with her B.A and she cannot find work to help pay the bills. she has found some piecemeal database entry over the web at minimum wage but it is short term stuff - like 4 to 8 weeks long then nothing. she waited 9 months last time untill they had work again. we had to apply for food stamps so my family could eat and my medical problems. I cannot afford a card like this . My family would love it because we could all use it for school work /work, fun and play not to mention to watch dvd movies as we do not have dvd to our tv.
    Winning this would be like an ealy christmas present tp the family as my finances are tight.
    I have documentation, true story, and I really hope I and my family win this video card , A 4870 x 2. that would be awsome!

Best wisher and good luckto all,

ironleg

12. starboy

starboy New Member

I really have enough reason to have this card. I can't explain it. No matter what, I am putting myself at stake and risk just for this instead of ring I brought from Tiffany.

My girl or the card. Your call.

13. includao

includao New Member

I will never have the chance to acquire or buy this kind of video card. Brazil has incredibly high taxes, over 40% tax on income and 60% VAT. So it's really expensive for me to buy one of those mid-end or high-end cards. I work really hard to always get the low-end class card, meanwhile people replace their high end cards every week or month. Like this guy (http://www.driverheaven.net/site-news/169376-win-ati-4870-x2-video-card-6.html#post1182522), we trully deserve to win. I would be happy if he wins this card, because like him I know how difficult to is live like that.

I deserve to win because I think that EVERYONE deserves the opportunity to have access to high technology that provides entertainment and a better chance of intellectual development.

It sad because technology should become accessible to everyone. We live here with a low budget compared to people living in high developed countries, so it's a real sweat for me to buy a video card, even a low-end one
    I deserve to win that contest because I represent the people who really take care of whats has been earned with sacrifice and labor. I will take care of this 4870X2 with love and care like a child that sleeps right next to the Christmas gifts.

For example, I think it's depressing when people buy high tech stuff like video games and break them just for showing off and post it on youtube. Meanwhile, here in Brazil, child are in need of PCs for educational and entertainment purposes... Sure it's their money, they are allowed to break it and throw it on the floor and smash it with a hammer, but with attention, empathy and care to the needs of the others you can donate the damn video game to a poor kid. An infancy with video game entertainment can set up the chances to provide a better intellectual development for the poor kid...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  14. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

I need this as an excuse to build myself a new pc; since this card is the most expensive and power packed component. On a side note I also changed my electricity tariff to a cheaper one a week ago, so i have a legit reason to fire this card. :bleh:

15. Jumping

Jumping New Member

Hi there!

I have been trying for months to upgrade my graphics card but every damn month the wife manages to spend the money on something. First it was a cat that she just had to get with tons of toys and accessories.

Then the next month I think now it's time to spend my wage on my computer but alas no, she has planned a trip with my inlaws so out went the extra cash for the month.

Last month I again was getting excited about getting paid and treating myself to a new card but my wife managed to go over our overdraft (buying more bloody stuff for the cat...) so now the bank wants me to pay of the overdraft in full so boom my $400 flew out my account faster than it went in.

So if I don't win this competition I'm sure my wife has already spent my next pay check on something so I will be stuck with my old 8800gts (320) for a while longer, and soon she will start the Christmas shopping so Driverheaven you are my only hope in getting some new shiny toys for me to enjoy.

16. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

I need this video card because it is so much more beautiful than my girlfriend!

17. KillerCroc

KillerCroc New Member

help needed desparately!

OHMYGOD, I need your help to turn my life around, grant me a new chance, a new beginning, and this card would be the ultimate step towards achieving nirvana. You see, I am just a poor schmuck from New Jersey, who lost a good job, was turned down by dozens of potential employers, and nearly lost everything (had to sell my computers and stereo rigs on eBay just to pay the rent, buy food & games, etc). Moved my wife + self, 3 cats and 1.5 working P4 computers to North Carolina to start over; then discovered that I don't speak "bubba". Hanging on by a thread with an MSI 875P MB and an ATI AIW9800pro card. As you can see, this is a miserable existance that is only sustained by the love of an understanding woman and the power of pulled-pork BBQ. This wonderful graphics card, this Holy Grail of Devine Resolution Ability has the nurturung power I need to get back on The Path of True Gaming Rightousness. Please, Please, PLEEEEZZZE consider me for this Ultimate Prize so that I may obtain True Knowledge, Understanding, and the Divine Bliss of High Detail Graphics.
    Blessings upon you and many thanks; I just know you'll do what's right!:tears:

18. calistoz

calistoz New Member

well DH i deserve to win this card bcoz like many other people out there i will never be able to buy this sweet baby :( but i need it...oh i need it soooooooooooooooooooo badly...in my country and specially the city im in the conditions are very unstable and unpredictable..you never know whats going to happen next :tears: and i just dont want to go to heaven without having played crysis, mass effect, grid, frontlines fuel of war on extreme graphics..without ever having seen the fully rendered beauty of billions of polygons on full resolution..so pleaase find some compassion in your multicored heart and send me the miracle that is the 4870!! :sigh:

19. APR

APR New Member

Hello!

I need this card to set peace into our household once again. Me and my wife are both playing Vanguard saga of heroes which
    is very demanding game for videocard and so theres constant fighting over who gets to play with the PC that has better videocard in it.

Our relationship is getting ruined over bad videocard! :mad: Please lend me a hand Driverheaven.

20. sushrukh

sushrukh New Member

A Picture is worth 1000 words.A picture can express more than words.So, here it goes like this ...................

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.