Win2003 IE8 Sysfader error

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by WxMan1, Apr 23, 2012.

1. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

Can anybody shed some light on WHY I'm getting these Sysfader error can't read / write address bla-bla-bla?It is an intractible problem; there are about as many solutions presented on the inter-webs as grains of beach on the sand.Here, e.g., is an offending web-site where the problem is entirely reproducible: far, I've re-installed the nVidia drivers for my GeForce2 GTS to 'stock' nVidia 71.84 (previously had been running DNA-Force drivers 1.1.7180), reinstalled Adobe Flash & shockwave, and IE8, disabled 'page-transistions', disabled the first 4 options of system properties - advanced, performance, visual effects - and I've reset the IE security policy to 'default'. I've disabled Spybot v1.6.2 Resident SDHelperTeaTimer has never been enabled on account that I'm running w/Comodo CIS v 5.10.228257.2253 presently implementing CIS AV v12112. CIS - in paranoid mode - alerts to nothing, there is nothing in the logs indicating anything is being blocked.Moreover, we're current on the HOST file available:http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htmWhenever a new HOST file is available, I've always updated Spybot v1.6.2 and 'immunized'; that essentially sticks bad URL's into the HOST file - mapped to 127.0.0.1 - and the most egregious entries (as determined by Spybot) are also placed into the browser 'restricted zone'So I've done all that, and probably a few other things alos that I'm forgetting, but I'm very frequently experiencing "Sysfader error: instruction at bla-bla-bla can't read or write bla-bla-bla".I have Visual Studio 2008 installed and its always an option to 'debug' the IE8 crash when it appears. So I did, and guess what: the prollem had pointed to MSHTML previously (prior to disabling all that other crap), but now what I'm looking at is implicating JSCRIPT.dll.A very very long story made not as - lesser - long:I disabled Active Scripting.Although the problem has gone away: its not a viable solution. Somebody has got to have insight in this greater than mine. I've been wrestling with this thing for months now, and I've had one (or the other) shoulder pinned, but according to the rules BOTH shoulders need to be pinned for a three-count.It smells like the way the web-sites may be implementing Face-Butt, Butt-Space, or perhaps other social media sites entirely intended for mobile hardwares...If somebody could shed light on this, not only will I be grateful for their muneificence, but a LOT of people will become much happier as stuff begins to work properly (not to mention web-designer gratitutde: "Oh. That's, like baaaad?").

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

3. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

That's the web-site that does it every time (as an example).

4. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

I removed & re-installed WinScript 5.6.16536 for Win2003.

So far so good.

So sry 'bout the previous misformat. That's how it is when stuff aint working on your computer 'correctly'.

I'm not saying this is the solution - as YOU GUYS may have informed the web-owners of that other other site - to fix their crap splikkity lit, and what not.

I'll be back.