[Win7] Enable Microphone and "What U Hear" at the same time?

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Megagoth1702, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 New Member

Hey Robert! I am a big fan of your drivers for already 2 years and I absolutely love how you always update and support your driver sets. Thank you so much for that!

I am trying to enable Microphone and "What U Hear" at the same time on my Windows 7 in order to record Battlefield 2 and my own voice at the same time.

I have tried everything for at least 1 year by now and the only way to make it work is to have microphone and "What U Hear" enabled. It worked like this in Windows XP. Apparently it is not possible to have both enabled in Windows 7. In order to activate one of both you have to make it "Default" record device but then the other device gets disabled. Trying to record the disabled device obviously ends up in silence.

What is the reason for that and how to enable BOTH devices at the same time?
    I am up to date driver wise. Any tips & suggestions? Maybe you can hack a way into the drivers Robert? Can you please look into this? Seems like a challenge. :)

Thank you a lot in advance.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you try Listen threw check method? You may need do that in speaker section.

3. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 New Member

thre check method? You mean that I check "Microphone" in my speakers? Well my microphone WORKS, if that's what you mean...

4. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 New Member

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I will look into over weekend I get my new speakers home theater system tomorrow :D