Windows 10 and KX-3552 (new fix)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mole2old, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Tubes

Tubes New Member

ahh frustrating that's the adapter I'm using I think :(

2. Tubes

Tubes New Member

apparently my Russian friend said adapter might not work because it doesn't support 12v power do you know if Sound Blaster 5.1 1998 requires 12v?

3. Tubes

Tubes New Member

I got card working but there is massive distortion on the audio its outputting sounds metallic and messed up. I used mole hotfix.

4. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

Please try https://github.com/kxproject/kX-Audio-driver-binaries/blob/master/kxdrv3553-full-unsigned.exe
    While kx.sys is not signed by Microsoft and it won't load on Windows 10 x64 with Secure Boot enabled, the rest should work fine.
    If you are running Windows 7+, please confirm that all setup issues are now fully resolved.

Also, it is important to test DSP plugins: since all plugins are now digitally signed, embedded skins may not work properly. Please check that they work.

When (if) I get sufficient feedback from users that setup issues are fixed and there are no new bugs introduced, I will submit the driver to Microsoft and make final 3553.

E.

5. mole2old

mole2old Thinking sucks, let’s go break something ...

In my case:
    MB: MSI desktop (Intel CPU), UEFI and Secure Boot supported.
    OS: Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and Windows 8.1x64 Pro, UEFI Boot, SecureBoot disabled, UAC diabled, Kaspersky AntiVirus Free temporary disabled.
    AUDIO: Creative Audigy SB0090 (supported by kX), latest 3553 drivers from GitHub

Report:
    On both OS KX-Mixer wont start after reboot and I got the same "kxError: kX device not found" message.
    2. When I force reinstall the driver for "kX 10k2 Audio (3553) - Generic" device in "Windows Device Manager" - the error is gone and kX-mixer start without warnings.
    3. If I load a sf2 bank to the KX control panel and try to play any MIDI file with any MIDI player - the sound is similar to a crackle noise ( v3550 or v3552 or v3553 - no matter)
    4. Audio player Foobar2000 + plugin "Resampler SoX" (48Khz) play audio files through ASIO on both OS.
    i.m.h.o - original kxsetup.exe was obsolete and need to be modified or completely rewritten.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

1. Is kX device listed in DevMan after running setup? Any exclamation marks next to it? Did kxsetup suggest a reboot? Was kX Mixer unloaded prior to running setup? (Was it automatically unloaded?) Please attempt to install DbgView and capture debug log produced by kxsetup/kxmixer during install. Pls report via github.
    2. Hmm.. post your full PCI ID (VID/PID/SUBSYS). Your device should probably not be 'Generic'. Again, via github.
    3. I need you to perform some regression tests. Please download few earlier driver releases and let me know when exactly sf2 playback was broken. (E.g. "works in v3549 released on xx/xx, fails in v3550 released on yy/yy).

Also, back to 3553 install issues:
    - No more kxmixer error messages, right?
    - Will kxmixer attempt to auto-load after reboot? Will it restore settings as usual? (provided you previously 'forced' driver re-install, if needed).
    - Do kX DSP plugins work as expected? (GUI) - especially those with built-in skins?

I suggest separate github tickets for the issues you've observed (sf2, VID/PID, 'device not found').

E.

7. Maxtorman

Maxtorman New Member

Got the soundblaster 5.1 working in Windows 10 64 Bit using KXDRV-3552.zip, great

8. EvilDeed

EvilDeed New Member

Thanks. It works.

9. isidroco

isidroco New Member

Is it possible to record audio using 24bits? Not interested in any fancy DSP stuff, just pure 24bit in/out. Thanks.

10. German Rapp

German Rapp New Member

Hi all, First of all i want to say thanks to Mole, you do a really good job and now i can listen music or see videos with my sb0105 sound card.
    I write because i have only one thing that i can't repair, and its a mechanical sound with the microphone, i upload a mp3 file with the sound.
    The input port is functional but i have that sound and i don't know how to change this and fix the mic, i need it to record some times. upload_2020-1-19_1-22-35.png

Attached Files:

11. peate

peate Active Member

Sounds like a loose input plug. Check with another microphone. That's a PCI-E card and not a real Creative Card. Not sure how fully compatible it is with kX or whether it even has an EMU chip.

12. German Rapp

German Rapp New Member

i'm not sure when you say "loose input plug" in some tests i hear my voice with this metalic distorsion, y use this same headsets with an usb 5.1 sound adapter and all function right, i can use that but if someone has the same problem and knows how to fix it i always prefer to fix this.
    Thanks!!

13. peate

peate Active Member

Are you able to open the kX Mixer? Look at the AC97 page and see what is selected as source.Check the levels. Also check the In's and Out's section of the mixer. If you can't access the mixer and don't see a kX icon on the taskbar, something is wrong. Your sound card is not fully compatible with kX or the installation went wrong. My guess is compatibility issue.

14. German Rapp

German Rapp New Member

I'm not sure how explain this so i send some pics, i need to left AC97 and the mic Off, if i enable that then the extrange mechanic sound begins.
    upload_2020-1-22_18-58-39.png

upload_2020-1-22_18-59-51.png
    upload_2020-1-22_19-0-25.png
    upload_2020-1-22_19-1-3.png
    upload_2020-1-22_19-1-25.png

I think its a problem on the DSP connection but im not sure, i'm a begginer in KX Project.

15. peate

peate Active Member

Everything looks ok, I see you have both AC97 and Wave out selected as record source, but you're not showing the page above, the ins and outs. Un-select AC97 there and see if the noise goes away. I can't think of anything else, maybe use an external mixer and go through Line in instead.

16. German Rapp

German Rapp New Member

I do a short video with some tests, the sound that you listen on the attached mp3 files only are generated when i use and have on the mic an AC97, but the strange think that i want to bring here is that i activate the gain inputs, apears this same diffect on each output.

So here is the video

17. peate

peate Active Member

That definitely sounds like a short circuit, maybe the mic input on the card is busted. Un plug and re plug the mic and listen for when the noise appears. Sorry, can't help more.

18. German Rapp

German Rapp New Member

Peate you are right if i left all enable on kx manager and unplug the mic i have no noise on any video recording, but something strange appears if i plug the mic again and do a voice record, listen this, if this was a physical problem i think my voice don't be recorded or yes? i'm going to stay crazy with this jajaja

Physical problem for me its a shortcircuit.

Attached Files:

19. German Rapp

German Rapp New Member

any new idea?? jaja, regards!!

20. peate

peate Active Member

Is your mic stereo? Try inserting it slowly into the mic input and see if it's noisy right from the start.
    Try the mic in the Line in input and boost the volume to the max until you hear your voice. Is the noise still there?

I would use a outboard mixer into line-in for any recording myself. The mic input is noisy anyway. It's OK for casual use.

Mixers are pretty cheap depending on the number of inputs. Well worth it.