Windows 10 hangs after long time idling. - ram issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sew333, Mar 23, 2021.

1. sew333

sew333 Member

Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all starts slowly responding. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops slowly responding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.It happened first time that hang of system.

Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing?

Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours ,when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all starts slowly hanging. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.Thx.

ah ps
    NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I noticed some slowdowns on my PC too lately after many hours/days of being up. Using a bit of Chrome, but mostly Opera (which is now based on Chrome) so there is a chance it is a Chrome engine issue.
    If you install Firefox and use it exclusively after a reboot and not Chrome, perhaps you won't have the same problem. I am asking because I am too lazy to try it myself.

3. sew333

sew333 Member

So is a chance that issue was caused by software?

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

There have been numerous sleep bugs throughout the years along with long uptime bug, basically anything over say 7 days of total uptime in windows tends to result in weird things starting to happen. Granted it's often related to memory problems, reason with the shear amount of GB of data being handled in memory is starting to warrant ECC memory more than ever.

There are a few businesses i've setup with Ryzen systems using AsRock boards with ECC memory that have avoided these issues entirely or far more easily.

Honestly i think pretty soon i may end up investing in ECC memory myself for my next rig. Currently i'm running 2x32GB 3600mhz modules... that's a pile of data to corrupt over time quickly.

5. sew333

sew333 Member

So rma my ram? ( ah Windows was 3 days without reboot when that happens )

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

why don't you try what I said first to see if it is Chrome issue before you change your ram?

7. sew333

sew333 Member

So if all stopped responding ( start button,search bar,chrome ),only mouse pointer i was able to move. Then i make ctrl alt delete and then all hangs . I force hard reset. Can be caused by software too not necesarry ram?