Windows 7 gets huge gaming adoption

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 30, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read Full Story Here.

Windows 7 is showing huge sales in November according to the steam survey.

2. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

The November survey was released at the beginning of this month. A new one should (hopefully) show up in a couple of days. So this is rather old news.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Maybe now MS will bring back the Games Explorer shortcut on the start menu. In Vista it was a click away now you have to navigate into the Games folder just to find the damn thing. What a stupid idea.

4. Basil281

Basil281 Guest

@OmegaRed just go in start menu properties>customize> and add games as a link.

5. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

I can understand people switching to 7 since the release was actually handled properly unlike Vista but if you can show a clear performance increase in 7 as opposed to Vista I'll reformat tonight and install it. I'm not talking about 2 or 3 frames per second in 1 or 2 games. I'm talking an improvement across the board.

Until that is shown I won't install 7 until I upgrade my rig.

6. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Using 7 64bit here also. Not gonna ever look back! Best gaming os since Windows 2000. :)

7. anranpo

anranpo New Member

so be it

8. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'd +rep you for that but you're a guest! :taste:

9. MitchRapp

MitchRapp a.k.a. pepiman

I agree
    Win 7 x64 is the best gaming OS ever. (until Win8/9/10/etc......)

Thinking of going to 12gb RAM on my next system, although 4gb ddr2 and 1gb gddr5 seems like it does the job so far. We'll see how demanding CRYSIS 2 and so on will be.......

10. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Are you listening Microsoft, we're here, we're buying Windows 7, NOW SUPPORT THE BLOODY PLATFORM.

Steam should not have be the flag-bearer for PC Gamers, the fact that it is shows how badly MS has dropped the ball for us. We need them to step up and treat us as well as they treat their 360 customers, all MGS games should be on PC as well as 360 for a start, and GFWL needs to be more than an afterthought.

Windows 7 is a good start, now make PC gamers happy MS, right now.

comp_ali likes this.
  11. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Just like what I was thinking of Stop IT , It has been a long time since Microsoft last developed a game for the PC , even Alan wake , Remedy (the developer) said that they are working completely on the X360 and it is up to Microsoft (Publisher) to make the PC version or not. Microsoft think when they are doing this , X360 sales will increase but I say damn pay some attention to your Windows platform , I wonder if Microsoft is doing like that . How are other third party developers supposed to support the PC.

Shame on You M$$.

12. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

Aside from startup and shutdown times I really don't see the need to switch. SP1/2 for Vista seems to have taken care of any issues that I have had.

I'm not saying folks here on the forums are guilty of this but I feel the general consumer population is - so many people had bought into the media hype that Vista was garbage (which it was when it was first released) and didn't bother to stick around until the problems were fixed.

Based on these benchmarks I'm sticking with Vista until I upgrade.

13. Windows 7 64 bit rocks. Best gaming os ever(not only gaming but also for general purpose).