Windows 8 Drivers for Prelude

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by Mr-Zizz, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Mr-Zizz

Mr-Zizz New Member

Just wondering when a proper Windows 8 32bit/64bit driver will happen ?

I'm currently using the V 1.35 which seems to work fine in Windows 8 except for changing modes .

The default is game mode i change to audio creation but then when i restart it goes back to game mode.

Another issue is bit matched play back just hangs and doesn't activate in Audio creation mode.

Thanks again for your hard work

Ben

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you put computer to sleep after you save your settings then reboot? it does work :p.

3. Mr-Zizz

Mr-Zizz New Member

I had to change the mode to Audio creation > sleep > restart than i could enable bit matched playback.

Thanks and it also seems to be saving the settings on each restart.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

np :)

5. Mr-Zizz

Mr-Zizz New Member

Back to my main question is roughly when will we see a Windows 8 driver ?

:cool:

6. Meckos

Meckos New Member

Re : Windows 8 Drivers for Prelude

PAX_AZT_PRELUDE V4.00 Work Great just remember to restart with "no driver signature required mod"

7. BoseRoHS

BoseRoHS New Member

I know there is a driver out there that works, since initially I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 RTM last fall and those drivers (modded) worked better in Windows 8 than Windows 7, but switched back to Windows 7 just because I could care less for metro/modern UI bs.

Now, lost the drivers on my data drive (maybe deleted them), but unable to re-download them from this site with DNS lookup failures to the files.

Is there any place else I can download:
    PAX_AZT_PRELUDE V4.00
    PAX_AZT_PRELUDE 2012 V1.35 Default Tweak

?

8. BoseRoHS

BoseRoHS New Member

Okay found the drivers I was using:
    XFI_SupportPack_2_5

Code:
    forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=587995
    If you attempt to install unsigned drivers in Windows 8 the operating system will not install the driver, OR, it will install the driver and disable the hardware and display "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering".

In order to install unsinged drivers in Windows 8 you'll have to disable driver signing. Windows 8 no longer has safe mode, or at least the F8 option. In order to access "Advanced Startup" (aka: Safe mode) do the following.

Advanced Startup:
    ****Make sure you have documents or what have you saved before starting this****

1. Win+I , or move your mouse to the bottom right of your display.
    2. Select, Settings.
    3. Select, on the very bottom, "Change PC Settings".
    4. PC settings menu, select "General," on the left menu.
    5. On the right menu, scroll to the very bottom, select, "Advanced Startup "Restart now".
    6. Your PC will log off and access a new boot prompt and continue with the following.
    1. Select, Troubleshoot
    2. Select, Advanced options
    3. Select, Startup Settings
    4. Select, Restart

7. The computer will, again, boot into a blue startup screen with several different startup settings.
    8. Select, bullet #7, "Disable driver signature enforcement".
    9. Once the computer has finished starting repeat the driver installation. During installation the Windows Security dialog will display a "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software" warning message.
    10. Select, "Install this driver software anyway".

Yay for F8, would have been much more simpler than all that crap. Lol. Anyway this NEW Microsoft botched method will work for any modified driver you need to install; though, a PITA. I did not try Roberts latest PAX 2013 drivers for Prelude located here:

Code:
    hardwareheaven.com/pax-download-auzentech-series/221882-please-test-final-sets-2013-v1-00-thanks.html
    I installed Daniel_K's drivers from 2011, since they enable many features that creative had disabled for unspecified reasons. If anyone would like to test out both drivers Roberts PAX (2013) and Daniel_K's (2011), please let me know on which produces more sound clarity / application options. I just don't have time, at the moment, to uninstall this modded driver set and install PAX. Maybe I'll combine PAX and XFI Support Pak 2.5, not sure if that will work just by replacing files.

Hope this helps you folks!

*Robert, not trying to steer people away from your drivers and your hard work, just noteing that the support pak I used worked for me, but I'm sure your new 2013 modifications may be better since they're updated.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013