Windows Media player dark and low audio

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by drivehard454, Nov 5, 2008.

1. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I was talking about the WMP settings not the VLC player. I tried VLC player again and tried to adjust it'e brightness settings and it will not allow me to access the settings either.

I can't believe we cannot figure out why this is doing this. I am sure there are thousands of people using players on their computers to watch DVD's. There must be a simple solution.

???

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

You are correct on that one but most of them don't use WMP to play DVD's. I use WinDVD from corel and it has software color adjustments. If you want you can download the trial version from their site.

3. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

It's worth a try I will check it out. However, I'm leaning more to the fact that if I am getting the same results on three different players, trying another one is a bit against the odds. Another thing, why can I make color and brightness--etc. when I just play video/movie clips and such, but as soon as I play a dvd the settings are locked?

4. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I found a fix. I found that there is an adjustment for just video settings in the Nvidia control panel. It adjusts the video brghtness, contrast, hue, gamma etc. for only video playback. While running the movie, I was able to adjust the settings until I had a very nice picture.

I was in there before, but I was adjusting the whole computer screen and not the movie. This time I found another tab for video.

Thanks for the help anyways that was offered.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I did, sort of, mention that earlier...

6. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

Sorry BlueMak. That's when I checked the control panel the first time. I had only found the settings for the main screen. Pays to double check I guess. I diidn't see the video playback the first time for some reason.

Thanks again....

7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am glad you made it work.

Enjoy your movies. :)