Windows Print Spooler Issues

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

This seems to be as good a place as any to post this.

This may be a browser issue, an online banking issue, a Windows10 issue....so, here goes:

On occasion...more often than I care to encounter...I'll attempt to print out my bank statement for the day. Most of the time, there's no issue whatsoever. However, when there IS an issue, it's always a "SPOOLER" problem. In that, the document being sent to the printer...and even another printer...will hang up in the spooler. Eventually, it causes a "printer encountered an error" or similar error message.

Restarting Windows does NOT always cure the problem. This makes me suspect the browser, the source...in this case, the bank, or "the ghost in the machine".

Now, if I DOWNLOAD a document first, THEN send it to the printer, it prints immediately. So, the printers are working fine. Something is amiss in the spooler department, methinks.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I remember the same problem since Windows 95.
    Well, to be fair when someone goes wrong with printing, most likely is a "spooler" issue as that handles it.
    Good luck.
    Also, try a different OS and see if the problem persists.