Windows Server 2003 (32bit)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by DocHammoc, Nov 19, 2005.

1. DocHammoc

DocHammoc New Member

I need Nvidia drivers for this OS! Windows Server 2003 (32bit). Why am I using this OS as a workstation? That's another topic! Here is my story ...

I recently upgraded from a geForce3 to a 6600. I read on Nvidia's site that under Win2003 that I must uses Microsofts drivers. Just set the acceration to max. This worked well.

But with the 6600 I disreagarded thos instructions and used the latest reference drivers from Nvidia ... for XP since Win2003 drivers don't exist (for 32 bit systems anyway).

All seemed to work until I ran Windows Media Player. It would consistantly freeze the entire OS forcing a cold reboot! Uninstalling the Nvidia driver fixed the problem.

Now, setting the hardware aceleration to max caused issues with desktop screen refreshing. (It was slow). Plus my games complain. Is there a Microsoft "Nvidia" driver? I simply have the generic vga microsoft driver so it's no wonder my games won't work.

Any other thoughts?

Nvidia simply suggests going to XP possibly with a dual boot. I'm more inclined to try Virtual PC. Neither sounds ideal! I just want a friken driver that works! :sigh:

2. Kalisto

Kalisto New Member

ATTN ATTN !!!... use Another OS Dont Bother ME!:rofl:

3. trodas

trodas fanless WC Opty 3GHz

It is quite stupid that nVidia does not support win2003... :rofl:

However it looks like the nVidia install mess with the OS, so reinstall sounds nice to me, as for fixing the problems... :tears: