WinXP Registry Quota Size

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Yemble, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Yemble

Yemble New Member

In WinNT4 it's possible to specify (increase) the registry quota size via the Performance tab.

Does anybody know how to do this under WinXP?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting "System could not allocate the required space in a registry log" half way through installation of WinXP SP1 1068. I've got loads of free space on all my drives and my file system appears clean. The SP installation error does not cause any problems during the OS boot cycle and no boot time errors are logged. Re-installation of the SP results in the same error.

I am assuming that this is a problem with available space in the Registry, but I could be wrong. Can anybody advise?

2. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

nah its just a messup in the beta..........tell it to continue installing and it will work

3. Yemble

Yemble New Member

Well I would.... except that it doesn't give me the option to continue, it just blobs at that point.

Still, my system's still running OK, so I guess I can live with it until the next beta!

Ta.

4. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

well, in xp, the registry quota is 25% of your paging file, so you could just increase the size of the paging file

5. Shaith

Shaith New Member