[wip] complete x-fi pci software suite (no release just a list of what's included)

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by RanCorX2, Jun 16, 2011.

1. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

For the last couple of weeks i've been putting togehter a more complete x-fi pci software suite.

First I'd like to say it does not included any references to pax or any tweaks.

The aim was to make available a full software suite, none of the install discs i've come across or downloaded are the same, some have many apps and some only have the basics, I wanted one that included it all or nearlly all the available software that an X-Fi user might want or need.

Obviously any trial software must be legally activated, all included software is freely available for download. (trial & non trial)

I sourced all the components from 12+ iso's, 50+ installers, 4 auzentech packages and the latest pci x-fi drivers and the latest pcie titanium drivers.

The structure of the disc is based on one of the many available titanium modified installers.

Audio folder contents:

midi player 1.11.01
    alchemy 1.43.08
    audio control panel 3.00.62
    automode switcher 1.01.01 (still broken, i.e does not switch back mode after swithing)
    software autoupdate 1.41.05
    console launcher 2.61.53
    dolby digital live 3.00.06 (activation required)
    ddl & dts activation 2.00.03 (for when you have purchased DDL/DTS)
    diagnostics 5.11.02
    dts connect 1.03.10 (from auzentech drivers)
    mediasource dvd audio player 2.00.78 (32-bit os only)
    entertainment center 5.10.21
    get powerdvd 1.01.01
    Karaoke Player 2.11.08
    media toolbox 5.20.16 (from zen disc)
    registration tool 2.10.16
    media center plugin x86 3.11.01
    media center plugin x64 3.20.11 (for some reason does not work, just get white screen)
    sound blaster properties x86 1.02.14
    sound blaster properties x64 1.02.14
    soundfront bank manager 3.21.02
    smart recorder 2.41.26
    thx console 3.50.08 (fixed, no file renaming required)
    speaker wizard 1.00.29
    system info 1.10.14
    soundfront studio 2.40.73
    sound blaster panel 2.60.03 (AKA volume panel)
    wave studio beta 7.14.00

CTShared contents:

auto tag cleaner 5.20.12 (from zen cd)
    Audio Processing Object Interface Module 2.94.00 (updated modified cabs)
    Audio Device Selection 3.03.01 (uses old exe to get rid of side-by-side error)
    Audio Engine Licensing Service 1.00.02
    Common Audio Driver Interface 2.31.06
    on screen displayer 2.20.03
    remote control system 5.00.26
    Product Identification Module 2.11.30

Root of disc contents:

CTEngine 3.00.34
    Media Toolbox Trial 6.03.00 (activation required)
    -comes with 10 plugins
    CMS5 5.00.26 + plugins, * = missing plugin added
    -*audio pack 1.01.01 (activation required)
    -cd burner 5.01.44
    -cms go 5.00.50
    -dts console 5.00.05 (works on windows 7 x64 but useless, use on xp)
    -mini disc 5.00.11
    -*music player mass storage plugin 5.01.07
    -*playforsure 5.00.36
    -net content 5.00.02
    -*jukebox 2/3/zen 5.00.22
    -online store 5.00.08
    -core app 5.26.02
    -skin app 5.01.03

Drivers:

based on

SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015,
    SBXF_PCDRVBETA_US_2_18_0015,
    XFRL_PCDRVBETA_US_3_00_1006
    & AZT_FORTE71_V1.21_SWPACK_30JUL10

3.00.1006 / 6.0.300.1006 19.05.2011

It's not meant to be a replacement for PAX. It's for anyone who wants a full software suite, for those who hate installing from multiple sources.

I haven't created an iso yet, still testing a few apps but everything installs and works from what i've tried so far. The folder weighs in at 780mb.

I'll only upload it if;

A, the PAX author doesn't mind, it's not meant to be competition, just something differen't. I've been using his packs for months but wasn't happy with the included software. (no offence) So I took it upon myself to gather what I could find and stick it all together.

B, people are interested.

Also I do not claim credit for any of the included software as it is all (c) creative etc. I just wanted to do something for the x-fi pci community.
    It may be an oldish card now but it still kicks butt and sounds awesome in music, movies & games.
    I am not a fanboy either, just an enthusiast who likes to tinker.

I am also working on an expanded x-fi mb 2 software suite, again no tweaks, just standard x-fi apps.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: [wip] complete x-fi pci software suite (no release, just a list of what's include

Good job only Issue is thx console 3.50.08 (fixed, no file renaming required)? You sure it's not from Dan K 3.50.08? If you used that I can't used suite that all lol.

3. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

Re: [wip] complete x-fi pci software suite (no release, just a list of what's include

sorry what? it's a mixture, as I remember when you install from your suite, you have to rename files, I just renamed the files in the cab so it's using the original file name, still says thx setup console, also I renamed the help files because they don't open on your one. They should be SpkHelp not THXHelp, you click ? > help and nothing happens. Unless you've now correct that yourself?

I can't see any problem using the release from his, it's not like he owns the rights to the software, all he did was edit some files, like everyone does when they modify some inf's etc. I don't see any problem with what i'm doing, it's not for profit or gain of any sort, just so people can get the latest software in one installer.

edit, just noticed i messed up the thx console in my install, still came up as 3.50.05... also the shortcut said creative speaker setup console for some reason, I also used a resource editor to replace all the spk icons in the 3.50.08 file with the thx icons.

also the console is from your suite, but the actual suite i used as a base was one of danielk's, except I replaced almost all the content, a good 80-90%, not that I think it matters. I also changed the SpkConU folder to THXConU like on the original updated x-fi cds.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  4. Robert McClelland

Ya Dan K made the THX U 3.50.08 his own version I made mine :). Issue is if you rename files back you won't get shortcut show up in the volume panel at all.

5. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

hi again, not quite sure what you meant, I only renamed THXConsl.crl & THXConsl.bff & THXConsl.CHM, it also shows up fine in the latest volume panel from the x-fi mb 2 suite.

[​IMG]

unless you mean in the actual list that appears in the panel but the THX button launches the app just fine.

It's a shame the Mode Switcher is still broken, i downloaded all the available versions but none of them switch modes back from the mode you set it to switch to. The latest one doesn't even switch modes at all. :(
    I purchased the Audio Pack the other night so I can convert cds to mp3 in mediasource, might actually stop using itunes and use cms5 instead, it has a nice gui and i've already imported my library into it. Sound quality does seem a tad crisper, although i've done an awful lot of fiddling with my audio settings recently, I even rearranged my speakers, stopped using powerdvd and started using media center, pdvd11 is a big fail, you can't even send the player to the system tray in v11. Had to install ac3filter cus wmc doesn't do DTS...which is rather odd, but at least you can resize the damn window!!

finally got it all setup perfect for music, movies & games.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. Robert McClelland

Ya thats only way you have THX Console shortcut :). By renaming files. hehe. You using RealTek onboard audio? or PCI XFI wonder if you try my new beta sets?

7. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

I have an xtreme music pci card in my pc and realtek hd alc888s in my laptop which i'm currently testing with x-fi mb 2 and some other apps, I got the drivers working and it installs as a 2nd virtual sound card, posted a screen shot in the x-fi mb thread.

I was using your previous release up till two weeks ago, when I found those ultra up-to-date titantium drivers on the ccftp site. 3.00.1006 / 6.0.300.1006, they've been working just as good as your tweaked drivers, only one file caused a bsod hax20k.sys so instead of using the one from the latest pci beta i used the 6.0.1.1402 / 2.20.00.0001 one because it's a higher version, signed at an old date but I got a thing about version numbers :)

8. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

here's something interesting, even though the AudPack plugin is for CMS5, it doesn't install if it's in the plugin folder on the disc, it has to go in the root of the disc.

There's a problem with the cdburner plugin for cms5 which i've corrected, the burn cd button doesn't do anything because the cdrw database file is old, to fix that I downloaded the Creative CDRW Drive Update, installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files
    creates a desktop shortcut, running it peforms an update on the database which updates the file in shared folder but not the one in the cms5 directory, so you need to copy the new file to there and overwrite it.
    As a workaround I have replaced the database in the cdburner plugin cab/bin file, you have to rename it to cab to update it and then change it back to bin. ACDZip is great...shame it's shareware and the company that made it seems to be dead :( hope you can reinstall and get more trial time!
    Then when you back and click burn cd in cms5 it opens the far right pane with the burning options!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  9. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

for some nostalgia I have added the X-Fi Splash App from a very old install disc to the suite, anyone remember this? it's optional to install, basically when the desktop appears a fullscreen video will play with a cool "sounds best on sb x-fi" animation. Pretty useless today but it's worth including. I think I might replace the autorun app too with the original x-fi one (that includes the intro video) before you can continue the setup.

Just to complete the whole thing :)

10. Headman

Headman New Member

I support this :)

11. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

Installer has been modified, installation bitmaps have been resized and edited to fit around progress bar. Autorun folder has been replaced with retail one, includes original intro, button sounds and some slightly edited bitmaps. Scripts have been modified for an extra optional install feature, media toolbox 6 trial. (it's the full version if you have a licence)

[​IMG]

12. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Active Member

can't be bothered anymore, was eating up too much time fiddiling with the damn apps, switched to onboard audio, bye bye x-fi. Actually getting better bass & clearer audio from the onboard realtek with vanilla drivers, I've never even used it either, had it disabled for 3 years.

13. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH New Member

AW: [wip] complete x-fi pci software suite (no release, just a list of what's include

Bad news, I would have interest in this complete suite.

14. Headman

Headman New Member

So you just wanted to tease us?