wireless network setup help please

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Mr Cairo, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

wireless network setup help please
    setting up my brothers netwok

have installed the netgear modem and can connect to the internet fine with that

have installed the netgear USB wireless stick and the install went through ok but if i unplug the NIC from the modem and try to connect through the USB stick i get no page errors

the network is showing up ok in network places and the signal strength is about 90%

any ideas

cheers guys [​IMG]

BTW the pc is a Hewlett packard

sweet

2. kodiak

kodiak New Member

Have you looked in the device manager to see if the wireless is showing and it is operational.
    Try to ping your router.
    Try to ping the internet

3. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

Netgears support pages are actually quite helpfull (for a change) :)
    your problem could be caused by a number of things, so I suggest you have a wee trawl through the support pages and try some of their troubleshooting type things, try and nail the problem down :)

Personally I installed a netgear wireless usb adapter when my pci card went on the blink, and i didn't have any issues with it at all, so I've no bad experience to fall back on and help you out.

4. kodiak

kodiak New Member

Well did you get this going or not. It has been a while since you wrote this thread?