Wireless Router Connestion Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by drwho, Apr 16, 2015.

1. drwho

drwho Active Member

I recently switched to Comcast Xfinity for both TV and Internet. To set up my internet I'm using a Motorola Surfboard 6121 cable modem. I also purchased TP Link Archer C7 wireless router. I've been having connection problems ever since. Every time I boot my computer up I end up having have to login to the wireless network I set up. Then there are the times that the connection just drops off and I have to reset the router to get the connection back.I've gone to the TP Link tech forums and post questions asking for help to which I got some suggestions. Below is a copy of the suggestions I received.

Upgrade the latest firmware(Archer C7_V2_150304) first.
    http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/A....html#Firmware

After upgrade, reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

If the problem continues, first, ensure internet works OK when connecting directly to your modem. Second, does it drop connection just wirelessly? Wired connection is stable? Third, can you login web interface of C7 when you cannot access internet?

Have tried all this, the problems still persist, I'm ready to cut bait and shop for a different wireless router. Anyone have any workable suggestions on what to do to fix these problems? One other question, when I look at the wi-fi networks available to me I'm seeing them listed as Wi-Fi 2. Can this be changed?

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Why are you not using the WiFi connection built in to the Motorola? We have the ARRIS Motorola here with Comcast/Xfinity and are not using any other router for wired/wireless connection. We can connect all of our devices....desktops,laptops, mobile phones, etc., without any other router. We DO use a hub in the basement and other locations for allowing additional wired connections.

If it were me, I'd disconnect and/or return that Archer and simply go through your assigned HOME Network via the Motorola.

EDIT/UPDATE: I just double checked and this is the modem we have here....

http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Residen...8&qid=1429177985&sr=8-2&keywords=arris+tg862g

If you didn't get a modem from Comcast that includes WiFi, why not?

Otherwise, I believe you need to connect the WiFi router via wired connection and make sure it's connected to the HOME-xxxx network that was setup.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. drwho

drwho Active Member

I was never offered the modem/router you mentioned by the Comcast tech who came to setup our internet. I guess I will have to call Comcast and inquire.
    Thanks for setting me straight, Dyre Straits. :oops:

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Have you been able to resolve this issue yet?