WMA 9 Pro & WMV 9 Advanced codecs (need some help!)

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by GigaWatt, May 12, 2009.

1. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

need some help here guys...

i was looking for a DirectShow filter (codec, decoder) for the Windows Media Audio 9 Professional, Windows Media Audio 10 Professional and the Windows Media Video Advanced codec standards. here is what GSpot 2.70a has to say about the headers of the two fromats...

Video Info...

[​IMG]

Container, Metadata & Audio Info...

[​IMG]

i was googling around to find some sort of a DirectShow filter for any of the two codecs, and i found out that the newest version of ffdshow supported the Windows Media Video Advanced codec, so i just donwloaded it and installed it, and Media Player Calssic recognized the ffdshow filter as a valid DirectShow filter for the WMV Advanced codec... but the WMA 9 Pro DirectShow filter is hader to find... or there is none...

can someone please clarify on the validity of this assumtion of mine...and if there is a DirectShow filter for the WMA 9 Pro or WMA 10 Pro codec (the WMA 10 Pro codec is backwards compatible, or at least that's what Microsoft claims), please paste some links... thanks... ;)

PS: i woun't install Windows Media Player or VLC player under any circumstances...

2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

3. GigaWatt

will, try it out... ;)

in the download description it didn't stated if it's a WMP filter pack or a DirectShow filter pack, that's why i didn't try it earlier... ;)

4. [hobo]eclipse

im pretty sure that will work for you, played some 48/24 5.1 wma tracks with it awhile back

EDIT for clarity: Was playing WMVs with WMA9 5.1 using media player classic.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. GigaWatt

tried installing it... :(... didn't work... it's a WMP filter pack... no .ax or .dll files in it... :(

the encoding filters use some C# libraries from the OS, so basically, they can only work with WMP... bummer... :(

anyone have any other suggestions...?

6. GigaWatt

ok, it looks like i finally solved the problem... ;)

all the required DirectShow filters are in the Windows Media Format Runtime 11... ;)

all that needs to be done is download the packed exe with the filters from here, run the exe, and you can use you favorite media player (DirectShow compatible of course) with some WMV 9 Advanced and/or WMA 9 Pro encoded files... ;)

7. [hobo]eclipse

sweet, glad you got it sorted. ill remember this for for future reference, though i dont mess much with the .wmv format anymore. cheers.