World of Tanks’ PS4 userbase swells to one million in five days

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I have no interest in ranked games... honestly i don't... i don't EVER flame another player regardless of how rude they are... that's called feeding trolls.. and i simply don't respond to it... I rarely type anything, i never speak... I listen and if someone has a suggestion i follow through, if it works i know what they want. The problem is that no one can 100% expect the same result from any other player.. what one player prefers for another to do for/with them, another might claim it as griefing or absurd/wrong/idiotic. I leave them to their opinions and i don't make judgements on them as some aspects have their purpose.

When it comes to wards, I've rarely seem them pose any advantage unless the enemy is groupping up and making pushes that usually get them killed.... or the teams are entirely scewed in that a team that works together well ends up destroying in an exceptionally short... I've seen game overs in less than 20 minutes. I've tried using wards... i really find them as a waste... Sorry... but i just really have no interest in using them... i leave that to the other players to decide and use.

One game i wracked up over 50 kills with 0 deaths... I was called an asshole for simply not pushing on the enemy core due to IMO at the time, not having sufficient confidence to waltz in and survive as the other towers were up yet and the 5 enemies were trying to keep me from coming in.... basically i was just dropping each one of them after the other rather than trying to go for a pentakill or whatever. I probably could have easily killed them all.. and then died to a turret trying to get out.

This is just an example using LoL.... this experience though fairly bad on LoL and well if i knew russian, perhaps dota 2... but dota 2 pretty much makes LoL look like a hello kitty version in comparison imo. But many of the multiplayer games... fps.... even strategy games.... I fired up WoT because i happened to have a customer that was into it hardcore... and wanted me to show him how well it ran on various machines i had available at the store including a recent stop in to see how it ran on the newer skylake igpus... which for the most part is fine (because it's not really hugely graphically intensive imo). My experience is almost always the same... it's a 1 in 100 chance give or take of having a decent enjoyable game where people are actually playing the game.... no one is bitching another out for no apparent reason... even if the team isn't working together very well.. it's good.... I remember playing unreal tournament 2004 and i really never had problems... counterstrike source back in the day had numerous cases in which you'd have a bad server filled with jackasses... but it wasn't that common... I suppose all the pricks and kids with no consideration and respect at all were stuck on their consoles and away from the pc.... but now everything is universally being used around the world and it's not "hip" to be into the games and such... which means... the jocks that frequently made fun of anyone remotely interested in things outside of sports and loved to poke fun at the nerdy/geeky whenever they had a chance... they as well as their kids seem to be right into it now, which would be GREAT if they didn't bring their mindset and idiocy with it.

My internet connection doesn't do me any favors either neshi... Various games if more than 3 people connect ... i'm screwed.... Back with the xbox360 and gears of war... i could not play with more than 2 others..... if a 3rd joined, my ping would be all over the place and i'd have no hope in hell of hitting a target. The same thing occured in some strategy games... Age of Mythology for example.... I could play vs a single other player... but add in another and once there were more than say 50 population per player.... good luck on being able to play without everything pausing for half a minute and then fast forwarding to the present in a split second. Today i would have expected things to get better, but i suppose with game developement taking advantage of greater internet bandwidth, they just use what is "average"... which means that i still can't play the unreal Tournament 4 Alpha with more than say 3 or 4 players.... or counter strike global offensive.... without experiencing some near impossible lag time that one cannot lead a shot ever on. Currently i've been playing borderlands with someone that hasn't played it before.... they host so that they don't miss a single part of the story... suffice it to say, there is always about a half second delay... and sometimes i have to lead shots so far in advance.... a target that circles me fairly slowly, i can turn 90 degrees fire... and then watch as they run into the shot that finally leaves my weapon.

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Right there, I can see that you are a bad player. They don't say wards save lives for nothing. For example when split pushing you NEED wards. Also once you've reached 20+ kills and are fed, you should be able to go in, get a quadra kill or penta or at least a triple and sacrifice yourself then the rest of your team will come in and clean up and finish the game, you don't necessarily have to take out all the turrets and inhibitors. You should watch how pros play from time to time, you will get a good idea of how you're supposed to play League. There is a lot of strategy that goes into it. Watching high rank players play is truly a thing of beauty.

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Now, I do have to say something here. Maybe I don't quite understand what you're discussing here but I just hate when I see someone say "you are a bad player" like you are doing Calliers.

Don't get me wrong. In general I'm avoiding games that more or less requires me to be a part of a team because I really don't like others to tell me what to do and how to do it in a game I paid for. There are some exceptions, and I do play them the way I want to. If someone thinks that makes me a bad player I can only say, go get a life. Gaming is for fun, I play a game because I enjoy it and if I enjoy it more playing it my way instead of how others think I should play then I just don't f-ing care. When someone complains I just say, if you want me to play your way then you pay for me. That's the end of it.

So, just don't say someone else is a bad player. Who are you to decide how others should play?

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You realize that in PvP online games the whole purpose is only to win, right? If you join other teams, no matter what the game, and you do not play to win, then why are you playing in the first place? Either play an online game where you are not in any team, or play offline games. Joining a team where everybody is trying to win, but you, is a dick move.

As for online people calling names etc, I don't like it either, but that's the nature of the beast.

5. Judas

I think you misunderstand what i mean by "Play to win" trusteft.... There is playing the game for fun with the goal of winning but it's nothing to make a fuss over if you lose..... it's part of the game.. someone HAS to lose in the end.... vs what i mean by "Play to win" by the vast number of people that seem to be playing that do it like it's a job... like it's some kind of end of the world situation... like their very life depends on it and anyone else that might contribute to hindering that goal is total scum and needs to simply not exist. It's the extreme end of it... the end where the fun has been sucked out of the whole point of what playing a game is... When a game has become "more than just a game" in this kind of context... IMO... there is a clear and evident issue.....

There are millions of boards/posters/ads of all sorts that try to combat gambling addiction.... in VLT areas and at any place that might have the ability to gamble in north america. On the post it specifically says "If it becomes more than a game.... call this number".... BUT if you go to most sporting centers... they'll have nearly identical poster which says "It's more than a game!"... kinda fucked up.... the same i find is being done with video games... where some people probably honestly shouldn't be playing because they clearly treat it like life and death, and have not only threatened, but some people have gone out of their way to track down another player.... beat the living shit out of them.... and if it didn't go that far.... in their face in person.. threaten their life... granted it's a low percentage.. but it has happened... in life threats right to anothers face is a completely different thing compared to pathetic threats made over the internet via some voice/chat/message system on some site/console/pc whatever.

Calliers... "Bad" player because i don't personally use wards? Your opinion... you think it's and even if the majority think and deem using wards as a necessary function and outright blurt out that anyone that doesn't use wards is a "bad player"... is frankly irrelevant. It's an option part of the game... if wards were unavoidable, there would be a ward in inventory essentially... making it no longer a choice... We have a choice to either spend the money we make on wards and other items... or not.... I would agree that simply accumulating money and never spending a cent would be a rather poor choice.... because it's kind of essential.... but that's not the case. I'm making a choice to divert resources to self empowerment.... and while wards aren't expensive.. they do in fact eat away at one's wallet consistently. So while everyone else is dumping money into wards and progressing.... I'm working with existing wards if there are any put up.... (i actually rarely see people using wards actually but like you said.. likely due to playing in the starting pool)...

I was called a bad player back in school because i never scored any goals while playing any of the sports that involved goal posts. Even then i understand how silly or rather stupid the statement was, specially with what they thought determined a good player. I play defense... and quite well (as most everyone would say)... Just because i COULD run up ahead and take the risk to attempt to score a goal... doesn't mean i should or need to.... I'm plenty comfortable playing defense and making certain the opposing team doesn't make any progress. If i'm playing the position i've chosen and others have allowed me to play.... and i've a near 100% success rate... i'm clearly not a "bad" player.

Playing the game... my only fault is a slightly slower build up.... this is the whole achilles of my play style..for any game that allows a buildup in strength... Even in Strategy games i would play cooperative multiplayer... and i'd advance through the ages relatively slower than the rest... HOWEVER provided the other players could keep the enemies busy and me out of the way for just awhile... i could build defenses and amass all the technologies as well as be the resource provider to my fellow allies.... they could build within my walls and produce countless numbers of soldiers and combat units... no one would be able to get in usually... now the way i built things... It's just the way i generally play.

Diablo 3... or borderlands.. or any cooperative games... i have patience to sneak around.... snipe people from a distance.... and basically never worry about dying.... In diablo i would scour the entire area before proceeding to the next area... or i would KITE difficult enemies so i wasn't getting murdered.... In contrast i see a vast majority of players i've tried to play with mindless run head first into the middle of it all and die horrible death.... Run off without the rest of the group.. skip or miss anything that could have been found or gotten due to simply avoiding exploring and just be completely anti team essentially. I really don't understand the concept of that kind of play style.. but it's rather counter productive.... if you're flat out dying all the time... and if you aren't.... why play 10% of the game leaving the other 90% totally unexplored/discovered or ignored outright...

I still don't get the hate for campers though in games like unreal or counterstrike or whatever.... I really was displeased to see a ton of servers implement the mods that would force a camper to leave if they stood in a single area for more than 15 seconds... it started getting difficult to find any that would allow for a campers play style... Legitimate play style....

6. Calliers

League of Legends is totally free. :)

Wards are free, don't know when you last played League but maybe you didn't notice. You can buy extra wards and different types of wards, but wards are free from the very start of the game, and there's an extra slot to hold them so that you can still buy your items. I don't think Riot would have made them free if they were useless.

Also I always calm people down whenever they rage (if ever they rage, I'm around silver elo and it happens just sometimes there) and say it's just a normal game, it doesn't matter if we lose. The only game type I don't like losing on League is ranked games. Otherwise I don't really care. Although it is nice if I don't lose too many games because then my hidden elo will go down. Also, I've been playing League since the first season so it's not like the advice I'm giving you is really bad. I too listened to people who had been playing longer than me, I'm a fan of playing a game the way you want to, but sometimes this can be the complete wrong way to play it.

I'll give an example, if you're adc in League, you really need to know how to farm. And get kills. Because as an adc you'll only be useful if you are ahead of the rest of the team and enemy team and get damage items quickly as you are the glass cannon for your team putting out most of their damage. I avoid certain roles but I can play all roles. My strongest roles are top, adc and jungle and not in that order. I especially avoid support because I know I'm a bad support. As for mid I'm a so so mid. So even I admit to being bad at some roles. It's not bad to admit first if you wanna get better at a game that you are bad, and then learning how to play it well. As Trusteft said you shouldn't play a multiplayer game if you do not understand the metas and are just doing your own thing and are in effect hurting your team's performance as the main goal of multiplayer games is to win. But win or lose, one must know how to have fun. I really enjoy a game if I get a bunch of kills or assists or push a lot of towers even though we lost routinely.

7. Judas

I may have been confusing dota 2 then ... swear they weren't free.. some other moba's don't have them for free.. or as you said.. last time i played they weren't probably.

There are very few people i can play with... i've avoided most multiplayer for the simple sake of clearly playing the game for entirely different reasons.... most of my experiences have been fowl or not in any manner as being fun... Look at team fortress 2 today... or rather for what.. the last 5 years... it's actually difficult to find a server in which people are actually playing... most everyone seems to be sitting around dancing or some kind of something... talking... like it's a coffee break... which hey i'm fine with if there are dedicated servers for it.... but after finding a good server one day and the next find it filled with someone blaring music over the voice chat system... while others cuss each other out (for fun apparently)... and no one seems remotely interested in playing the game that was intended... i venture off and try and find another only to find rinse and repeat of the same thing.

I hate cliques... i don't have an interest in running into just a "few" people and then playing the same team over and over again... it gets stale quickly...

Calliers likes this.
  8. Calliers

LOL!

I know what you mean about Team Fortress 2, so many trolls, sooooo many trolls on there. I used to play, but back when I used to play there were quite a few servers where people actually played. Again, you can always mute someone who blasts music or something, I don't know why you don't just mute them and keep playing, you seem to be too sensitive Judas.

9. Judas

I mute them.... and then play.. of course i don't really care.... i just move along... i'm just voicing the nonsense i've ran into.. and the fact that i've pretty much gotten sick of it.... this is why i don't really play games much .... i'm sick of the solo... but i can't stand about 95% of the rest of the people that exist.. to many clones breathing the air and doing exactly the same thing.

10. Calliers

You need to understand that most people are not that smart. Like they say, common sense is not....common.

11. Judas

It used to be to an extent.... regardless of the amount of idiocy in the past.... there were very understood common grounds regarding the simpliest of things.... now most everyone are complete and total idiots.

12. Calliers

I remember that movie lol, and do you remember how everyone was fat in Wall E? Well that's the future we seem to be heading towards.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the smart people ditch us and go start their own colony somewhere like in Tomorrow Land.